"I'm not Joe Paterno" | Syracusefan.com

"I'm not Joe Paterno"

It might be time for JB to zip it up, IMO.

He's made his feelings VERY clear & unequivocal about Bernie Fine, but the way the media loves to twist things w/out context, makes him vulnerable to misinterpretation. And JoePa having cancer makes him a more sympathetic figure to the public.

We get it, JB- you support Bernie w/out reservation & our situations are very different. You've made your point.
Now, please.... :blah:

JB should stop now with the direct shots at the accusers. He has made his point. HOWEVER, he should open up a second front on unprofessional reporting and horrendous editorial judgement. And he could ride that horse as long as he wants.

JB should stop now with the direct shots at the accusers. He has made his point. HOWEVER, he should open up a second front on unprofessional reporting and horrendous editorial judgement. And he could ride that horse as long as he wants.

+1

Agreed, but not just yet.

As this thing starts to wilt & hopefully nothing else comes out, THEN he should light into Schwartz, OTL, & ESPN.
He could start that conversation & keep it going for as long as he wants.

he sounds pissed off and I think Hes intelligent enough. he know what he's doing

If JB feels there is 98.5% chance Bernie didn't do it then why stop. These kids got to be taught a lesson and this has to be ended fast furiously and honestly.

True, but the problem is his comments are NEVER put into context.
On ESPN all they're showing is the "I'm not Joe Paterno" part of his statement, not the statement in its entirety. I had to go online to read the full comment, & it reads way better than what they're featuring.
Whatever he says will be twisted & cropped, just like the 2 meth-brothers' interviews. The excerpts they featured today were designed to make them appear more sympathetic, probably because they saw the reaction to yesterday's interviews. Most people felt they came off as BS artists.
JB will be sliced & diced if he doesn't shut his mouth- that might be all ESPN has left for this story to stay alive.

I think JB has handled himself quite well. He said he has no reason not to stand behind Bernie Fine and if something came up that would give him a reason not to back Bernie Fine then he will not back Bernie Fine. Right now, he has no reason not to so he is behind Bernie Fine 100%.

There is a fine line between defending yourself and being obnoxious. I think he has made his point really well and should not give the media anymore soundbites to run with. Right now the story is dying from lack of evidence but every time he opens his mouth it just going to give the folks at ESPN an excuse to push the story to the top again.

Agreed, but not just yet.

As this thing starts to wilt & hopefully nothing else comes out, THEN he should light into Schwartz, OTL, & ESPN.
He could start that conversation & keep it going for as long as he wants.
This

The quotes in this article are incredibly good. Really got my blood pumping.

When the investigation clears Fine, I want him right back where he was. I hear what Schayes is saying, but SU absolutely must reinstate Fine when he is cleared.

Accusers, lynch mobs, and yellow journalism should not dictate our societal mores. To hell with perception management. When Fine is cleared, he comes back. With bells on. It is as simple as that.

Anything less, then like JB says, it is not a country I want to live in.

I'm gonna miss JB when he is gone. He's such a great communicator.

When the investigation clears Fine, I want him right back where he was. I hear what Schayes is saying, but SU absolutely must reinstate Fine when he is cleared.

If Bernie is cleared, I absolutely think he has to be back on the bench. Agree, would send a very strong message.

The quotes in this article are incredibly good. Really got my blood pumping.

Accusers, lynch mobs, and yellow journalism should not dictate our societal mores. To hell with perception management. When Fine is cleared, he comes back. With bells on. It is as simple as that.

Anything less, then like JB says, it is not a country I want to live in.

I'm gonna miss JB when he is gone. He's such a great communicator.

Therein lies the rub, swish.
You won't see this entire statement on ESPN- they just feature the "I'm not Joe Paterno" part, & JB ends up looking like a giant dbag!
He's not gonna get a fair shake- its their "scoop" after-all, so he needs to & let this play out.
Its these hyphenated statements that are keeping this thing in the public eye at this point.

It might be time for JB to zip it up, IMO.

He's made his feelings VERY clear & unequivocal about Bernie Fine, but the way the media loves to twist things w/out context, makes him vulnerable to misinterpretation. And JoePa having cancer makes him a more sympathetic figure to the public.

We get it, JB- you support Bernie w/out reservation & our situations are very different. You've made your point.
Now, please.... :blah:

If only JB had cancer, he'd be more sympathetic. Wait...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.076454,-76.168574

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom