I'm starting to wonder if maybe the old man does know | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the old man does know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what your angle is here, because everyone on this board knows and agrees with your point that Boeheim knows something about hoops. However, regarding Kadary (especially), no. That situation was a fail. Imagine Kadary starting at point now with Joe coming off the bench - we could be lethal and SHOULD have happened. That said, I will support those on the team and I have moved on, but this kind of post brings me back to disappointment that many of us had with how things were handled last year (which were poor at best - even from a hall of famer who knows hoops).
My point is exactly the opposite of your post. I think that we (me included) might have misjudged just how good Kadary is and how bad Joe G is . That is my point. And this year, and beyond, we will see. That is my point. Jb saw these guys every day in practice. And the point of my post was that he just might, have known what he was doing. Crazy, I know.

No one knows what goes on in practice, team meetings, locker room school or on the road. Sometimes, PT is used as rewards/punishment.
IDC who transfers. I care who is on the team this year.
We have benefitted from transfers taken in far more than other schools have from our transfers out. Rautins, Blackwell, Ellis, to name a few.
History is in JB’s side here.
Agree 100%, I care about the name on the front of the jersey. Guys transfer, oh well, their loss.……..Kadary left, his loss, next man up!

Surprised to hear Kadary bulked up too much, guy needed to get stronger but not lose his agility/shiftiness.

Not at the expense of Sherm. Kind of similar to KR and Joe. #2 thought he should be #1. Coach said no, so they left.

Oh I know. Would’ve been nice to have him in 90 if he just sat on ice previous

Would have taken both on this year’s team regardless what they do to start the year on other teams. What’s done is done though and such is life. We move forward.

I may be wrong but I thought K R dropped a little low in the zone when the ball went opposite to get a better chance of getting in a passing lane and getting a steal. JB usually corrects players that don’t play the zone his way. He had success doing it so he left him alone.I watched the S H game and he left his man a couple times trying to get a steal. Chasing the man he was guarding frustrated him and it showed in the fouls.

I appreciate you taking the time to pull that out. I’ll be honest, misspelled or not, I’d never heard the term.

Dang, I was convinced you were putting together one of the more subtle and cool movie quote back-and-forths in board history with your question “what’s a canard?” Now I’m disappointed! But it reminds me of a story…

As a youngster I was frightened of the dark and I used to wake up sobbing in it as if it was water and I was drowning in it. I have so disciplined myself against that fear that now I much prefer a dark room.

About a third of all of college basketball transfered schools last year, do you think they are all either head cases or mismanaged?

We have a thread gloating about how poorly our former guys are doing virtually every year now. Not just today with these new transfer rules. I'm saying you can't puff out your chest about Boeheim's foresight and wisdom when it comes to the players that left without critiquing him for bringing those players here in the first place. Given our records in the recent past, poor roster management has definitely caught up with us.

We have a thread gloating about how poorly our former guys are doing virtually every year now. Not just today with these new transfer rules. I'm saying you can't puff out your chest about Boeheim's foresight and wisdom when it comes to the players that left without critiquing him for bringing those players here in the first place. Given our records in the recent past, poor roster management has definitely caught up with us.
I don't think the point had been made yet, but what system your playing in does affect your playing ability.

If your being asked to do skills that are your sub-par skills, instead of the ones you excel at, your not very likely to do well.

Maybe KR abilities was a great fit for this system, but it just not going to have the same affect in Willard system.

There seems to be quite a bit of overreaction from 1 game. It wouldn’t shock me if by the New Year Richmond is playing very well and we are all lamenting our lack of guard depth.
Agree, but if you switched both players stat lines from that game I guarantee you would not be saying the same thing.

I don't think the point had been made yet, but what system your playing in does affect your playing ability.

If your being asked to do skills that are your sub-par skills, instead of the ones you excel at, your not very likely to do well.

Maybe KR abilities was a great fit for this system, but it just not going to have the same affect in Willard system.
Just ask Cole

swider is a great example (hopefully)

yeah agreed.

just watching the the lafayette game I was thinking how good the team looks when it has complimentary parts and players who fit together (and finally have adequate skill)...it really is that simple. players who can do the roles they are being asked to.

Recently, especially, it seemed JB's loyalty to the players he brings in has often meant slogging through years of sub-par play. bc they are here and they are the starters and thats that. Everyone raved about Marek for instance but hes no benny Williams...he was a role player at best. or shouldve been. a great role player for sure but not a 40 min player like he was.

the sanctions were tough. and building a perfect roster is tough. the players who shouldve been here but left - the bazleys etc leaving is tough... but yeah there have been a lot of not good enough players brought in the last 5+ years without the standout players to really make up for all those misses.

great coaching of poor roster construction is how I would describe the recent seasons...

In the end, its kinda funny that a lot of the recent players themselves rejected that loyalty and left for "greener pastures" bc they saved the program from their mediocrity in a way...and allowed for a (perhaps) better roster to take shape.

I have no problem with how all of this has shaken out. As Don Draper said, clients come, clients stay and clients go. We replaced the kids that left inside a week or two. It's the world we now live in.

Never before seen footage of dasher and Don Draper in the same room:

1636725686646.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online