In NYC Saturday - where to watch game? | Syracusefan.com

In NYC Saturday - where to watch game?

85SUAlum

2nd String
Unfortunately, I already booked a trip to NYC this weekend for my wife's birthday not thinking that we might be playing in the semi-final game on Saturday (hey, even JB had a trip to Disney World planned for this week, so apparently, I'm not the only one).

Anyway, it would be bad karma to try and blow off the wife's birthday trip to NYC now.

I know I can watch the game in the hotel, but was thinking it would be fun to watch at an SU friendly location with other fans. I've heard of a gathering at the PourHouse which I think is in Greenwich Village, but does anyone know of any gatherings happening in Midtown anywhere?

Isn't Blarney the SU-approved bar around the Garden?

Not sure on Midtown, but probably worth the trip to Pourhouse. 11th and 3rd.

I'm also trying to find a place to watch the game there this weekend. I booked a trip to wrestlemania this weekend not even thinking about the final four. My wrestlemania ticket is on ebay right now and I'm goin to the final four if it sells and im just gonna eat the hotel money i spent in nyc.I'll probably just trek down to the pourhouse as I've always heard great things about it but never been there. Anybody wanna buy a ringside seat to wrestlemania this Sunday for 1000 dollars?

Pourhouse, but only if you enjoy scenes like the below after big wins. I was there for the Marquette game, and it was rather crazy. Fun, but crazy.

Not sure on Midtown, but probably worth the trip to Pourhouse. 11th and 3rd.
Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. Was hoping there was going to be some place closer to my hotel which is on 40th street.
I'll check into Blarney's as well - it that the Irish Pub that's right across the street from the Amtrak station entrance?

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. Was hoping there was going to be some place closer to my hotel which is on 40th street.
I'll check into Blarney's as well - it that the Irish Pub that's right across the street from the Amtrak station entrance?

Jump in a cab or take the subway (4 train to Union Square) and you'll be at 11th and 3rd in no time. But it will be absolutely JAMPACKED. On the Upper east side, East End Bar will be similarly packed. I would also check in with the Big Apple Orange alumni club to see if they are having deals at other bars around town.

Pourhouse is a blast for SU games. I would get there early and carve out a spot at the bar/near a TV, but its so much fun to be there among hundreds of SU fans.

Pourhouse, but only if you enjoy scenes like the below after big wins. I was there for the Marquette game, and it was rather crazy. Fun, but crazy.

That looks like the perfect spot to watch the game. It's been awhile since I lived in NYC, but I remember that place. For those that lived there in the 90's, the Polo Grounds (no longer) on the Upper East side was great spot as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom