In your opinion is JB the HC next year? | Syracusefan.com

In your opinion is JB the HC next year?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Does JB decide to retire or do you think he will come back next year?
Yes or No?

He calls the ball. I think getting to 1000 will determine whether or not he comes back.

I'm truly on the fence on this one. On one hand, he doesn't want a going-away tour. On the other hand, does he really want to leave this mess to Hop? Maybe he will go to Hop and ask him what he wants.

I'm torn but I say, yes, this is his last year.

I'm surprised that I would be saying this, but I say no, this is the last year

Good question, especially after seeing how many people believe that this is his last season. Those folks may very well be right, but I just don't see Boeheim going out this way. I just don't see it. However, I am consuming alcoholic beverages right now... whatever i can find it my fridge.

JB: Gone (doesn't want retirement tour)
JTIII: Gets one more year to make tourney or admin will finally cut the cord
Shaka: Gets one more year (two if he brings in a monster class for 18-19 season)
Ollie: Gets 2 more years to make tourney after all the injuries this year

JB: Gone (doesn't want retirement tour)
JTIII: Gets one more year to make tourney or admin will finally cut the cord
Shaka: Gets one more year (two if he brings in a monster class for 18-19 season)
Ollie: Gets 2 more years to make tourney after all the injuries this year

Shaka has a fantastic point guard coming in. I say that sparks Texas next year.

He said he wants to stay through the sanctions. We have one more year with sanctions. He stays.

Maybe, but it really shouldn't be the reason for him to stay or go since we have something like 5 schollies open for next year (not counting any early entries or transfers). My point, the sanctions are 100% completely meaningless at this point.

I'm truly on the fence on this one. On one hand, he doesn't want a going-away tour. On the other hand, does he really want to leave this mess to Hop? Maybe he will go to Hop and ask him what he wants.

I'm torn but I say, yes, this is his last year.

The issue is that Boe staying isnt going to help. We will be WORSE next year and recruiting looks abysmal thus far. He would have to stay 2-3 more and that CANT happen. He needs to step aside after the season for the good of the program. We are in a world of hurt either way.

Maybe, but it really shouldn't be the reason for him to stay or go since we have something like 5 schollies open for next year (not counting any early entries or transfers). My point, the sanctions are 100% completely meaningless at this point.

Are the recruiting sanctions done? Those are the meaningful ones, not the schollies.

The issue is that Boe staying isnt going to help. We will be WORSE next year and recruiting looks abysmal thus far. He would have to stay 2-3 more and that CANT happen. He needs to step aside after the season for the good of the program

That's not the debate. And would "Boe" look at it that way?

I can't even believe my initial response. Did I really type that? JB isn't the type to throw in the towel but like I said, maybe he asks Hop what he'd prefer. JB could be back and still be coy about his plans to avoid the retirement tour. That would create too much uncertainty in our already problematic recruiting waters. Ugh. Hate this.

In my opinion, no.

But I compared Frank Howard to Michael Carter-Williams in November, so let's not take my opinion to the bank.
Dont feel bad. At some point early on, I predicted Howard would be the best player on the team by the end of the season.

And I don't believe JB walks away, unless somehow this season has a satisfying ending for him.

Said it before, but man, I really am surprised how many of you seem to be discounting Boeheim's stubbornance and pride. No way in hell he goes out like this.

What if it's not his choice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom