Incoming Portal Participants.. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Incoming Portal Participants..

I am not sure Swider could cover the corner three if if he is playing the wing and is in the corner. When you look up quick in the dictionary you will not find his picture

Who left because of Buddy?

Not just Buddy, but "Buddy and Joe", who both averaged about 38 minutes a game two years ago.

Their names are Howard Washington, Jalen Carey and Brycen Goodine, none of whom could get even 10 minutes a game the year before last.

Maybe none of them would ever have been All-ACC, but certainly at least one of them could have been a competent point guard to allow Joe to move off the ball sometimes.

How soon they forget.

Those guards stunk. Clearly. Their new coaches didn’t even play them.

Well, it's hard for any transfer to break into a new team, with a new coach, new teammates and new culture and style of play.

Look at Taurean Thompson. He had a terrific freshman year for us, averaging 9 points and 4 rebounds, while starting a little more than half our games.

Just because he didn't fit in at Seton Hall and then transferred to Detroit Mercy doesn't mean that he couldn't have been an important player for us.

How many of our freshmen centers have ever matched his numbers? You can probably count them on one hand.

Saying "well, he didn't make it somewhere else" is kind of a red herring. It's about whether they can contribute here.

it's yet another raven . from zone maester Boeheim. winter is coming... any chance you're still interested

sansaletter-1024x571.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's hard for any transfer to break into a new team, with a new coach, new teammates and new culture and style of play.

Look at Taurean Thompson. He had a terrific freshman year for us, averaging 9 points and 4 rebounds, while starting a little more than half our games.

Just because he didn't fit in at Seton Hall and then transferred to Detroit Mercy doesn't mean that he couldn't have been an important player for us.

How many of our freshmen centers have ever matched his numbers? You can probably count them on one hand.

Saying "well, he didn't make it somewhere else" is kind of a red herring. It's about whether they can contribute here.
He was literally the worst defender SU ever had. Terrific? No idea what you saw from him that could have been construed as terrific.

he didn’t want to play defense here.

He was literally the worst defender SU ever had. Terrific? No idea what you saw from him that could have been construed as terrific.

How many of our teams have had to play "4 on 5", or even "3 on 5" on offense?

He was bad defensively? Oh, and Fab Melo wasn't terrible as a freshman? Or Rak Christmas? Or DeJuan Coleman? Two of the three of them turned into terrific centers for us.

Doesn't Boeheim constantly tell us how hard the zone is to learn? So you think that Thompson NEVER could have learned to play defense as well as a 170 pound, cigarette smoker from Bratislava, Slovakia.

(That's where the Festrunk Brothers were from, you know.)

He was bad defensively? Oh, and Fab Melo wasn't terrible as a freshman? Or Rak Christmas? Or DeJuan Coleman? Two of the three of them turned into terrific centers for us.

Doesn't Boeheim constantly tell us how hard the zone is to learn? So you think that Thompson NEVER could have learned to play defense as well as a 170 pound, cigarette smoker from Bratislava, Slovakia.

I don't believe for a second he'd spend anytime whatsoever trying to play defense. He couldn't care less about that end of the court.

Rak played wing early on

I don't believe for a second he'd spend anytime whatsoever trying to play defense. He couldn't care less about that end of the court.

THIS.

It wasn’t a function of learning or knowing what to do.

It was a complete and utter lack of any FFF’s to give about that side of the ball.

I said it then, I’ll say it again now:
For TT - defense is what the other guys do while he waits to get the ball back on O.

For every hoop he scored, he likely gave up two.

THIS.

It wasn’t a function of learning or knowing what to do.

It was a complete and utter lack of any FFF’s to give about that side of the ball.

I said it then, I’ll say it again now:
For TT - defense is what the other guys do while he waits to get the ball back on O.

For every hoop he scored, he likely gave up two.

I think you guys are taking an unnecessarily harsh view of a player, based on a small sample size. Time on the bench is a great motivator to get a kid to play the way the coach wants him to play. Not many big men at Syracuse have had his offensive skill.

The last 2 years, we have been all offense, and defense suffers. Where is the outrage (or consistency)?

I think you guys are taking an unnecessarily harsh view of a player, based on a small sample size. Time on the bench is a great motivator to get a kid to play the way the coach wants him to play. Not many big men at Syracuse have had his offensive skill.

The last 2 years, we have been all offense, and defense suffers. Where is the outrage (or consistency)?
his offense was some of the most selfish play I've seen as well. he would hoist up 2 pointers from just inside the 3-pt line while no one else was under the basket.

seriously, losing him was absolutely fine with me.

you serious?

all some of us do is talk about the defense. Next year has all the makings of a defensive disaster

TT was absolutely awful and a horrible teammate. I can’t believe anyone would defend him. Awful, disinterested and a total plus when he left.

Cuse

Not just Buddy, but "Buddy and Joe", who both averaged about 38 minutes a game two years ago.

Their names are Howard Washington, Jalen Carey and Brycen Goodine, none of whom could get even 10 minutes a game the year before last.

Maybe none of them would ever have been All-ACC, but certainly at least one of them could have been a competent point guard to allow Joe to move off the ball sometimes.

How soon they forget.
Carey stunk at Rhode Island. Goodine barely played at Providence. Washington opted out, but he was behind the other two at Cuse so it’s a good bet he wouldn’t have done a whole lot either. I don’t think any of them were losses.

Carey stunk at Rhode Island. Goodine barely played at Providence. Washington opted out, but he was behind the other two at Cuse so it’s a good bet he wouldn’t have done a whole lot either. I don’t think any of them were losses.
I’ve heard rumblings that Goodine out performed Girard during practice all season.

Frankly TT's offense was a bit overrated. He had 19 assists and 44 turnovers the entire season he was here. If I recall he was a bit of a black hole.

I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me when we ever had as good an offensive center - as a freshman. Freshman numbers.

You have Derrick Coleman, but he was a forward to start with. Is there anybody who ever had 9 & 4 at center as a freshman at Syracuse?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom