Indiana Fans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Indiana Fans

So if Mantonio is at one end and Igor at the other, Where does Bjorn fall in that spectrum?

Okay...

You got the Syracuse analysis, then you got the Indiana analysis...

Now it's time for the CORRECT analysis. In other words, the MANTONIOLYSIS...

Syracuse is absolutely the superior team here, athletically, & should win this game comfortably if they don't get cocky and/or sloppy.

No offense, Indiana fans, but you have not seen the athleticism like you will see in Syracuse. This team will make Temple look like a high school squad. Before you mention Temple's win vs. us early on in the season, remember, it was EARLY ON in the season, & Michael Carter Williams has grown a bit since then. The entire team has improved since then, & it's night & day babay !!!!

This is not homerism, but I am getting the feeling this will be a fun game for the Syracuse fans. We will get to witness an epiphany in progress, on the way to glory. This team has so much talent & ability, & they never seem to take advantage of it.

Tonight... They take advantage...

This is for Jimmy, this is for all of us...

Goodbye, Demon Spirit of Keith Smart's lost soul... COME OUT !!! In the name of SYRACUSE !!!!

Well, first of all, your zone scares me. Nobody runs the 2-3 better than Cuse, no argument there. But I do think we have the weapons to beat it ... It's just a matter of executing.
That's what every other team and analyst believes too. It's simply a lot tougher in real life than on the white board. Oh, and "the zone" adapts to the opposition, so the opponent will need to "beat it" again. Defense is not typically what leads to a Syracuse loss.

I like the thought of a running match. I'm pretty comfortable with our transition game.
Syracuse is comfortable with theirs as well.

but no one was more talented than UK last year
Most here were looking forward to a UK matchup last year... until the center was lost.

you'd be hard pressed to find a more talented team this year.
You're right, the other teams in the tournament are simply outclassed. I don't even know why they're making IU play these games.

It seems like our biggest weakness is to slow down the game. I was curious how confident you guys feel about you team in a slow tempo type of game.
Syracuse would be fine with IU slowing their game down. Syracuse would still run after every steal and IU turnover.

Jimmy would love that since you're suggesting he actually has hair. "Everything's comin' up Boeheim!"

Unrelated, but to fit in with the tone of this thread:

I post that jokingly, and I realize we will talk smack, but at the end of the day not a single one of us will have even the slightest impact on the game and really have no stake in the game other than being fans. Whichever team loses, it's not going to ruin the lives of that fanbase, it's not going to make the members of that fanbase less than human, it's not going to render us useless in society. So why be excessively nasty? It should all be in good fun.
Except for CTO silencing hecklers behind the Syracuse bench.

In a battle of who can get up and down the floor, I give the edge to Indiana, our break just isn't as great as it's been in past years. We often get sloppy in transition and make some ridiculous decisions. If we win, it will be defense, and rebounding, and hopefully an on fire J-South.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom