Indiana/Temple

Who wins?

• Indiana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wow, these Indiana guards are tiny.

#1, #11, and arguably #4 are little people. They are just going to look odd matching up against our guards.

Still, I've a bad feeling they are going to frustrate the heck out of our guards.

#1 does everything right, fundamentally on defense. Love kids that box out. It's a lost art.

Zeller is soft and expects to get every call from the refs. Every time he touches the ball he looks at the refs for foul calls. We need to get physical with him if we play them. Also, Brandon Triche will need to play out of his mind and channel his inner @Louisville first half performance for Syracuse to have a chance. Oladipo will shut MCW down.

#1, #11, and arguably #4 are little people. They are just going to look odd matching up against our guards.

Still, I've a bad feeling they are going to frustrate the heck out of our guards.
Hopefully Triche and MCW take the lessons learned from the Ville guards. If you remember MCW was destroying Russ Smith and Siva, it wasnt until they put someone bigger on MCW and he got tired that he started making mistakes.

Oladipo is the only guy who would scare me. The rest...Meh...We can play with this team.

Zeller is soft and expects to get every call from the refs. Every time he touches the ball he looks at the refs for foul calls. We need to get physical with him if we play them. Also, Brandon Triche will need to play out of his mind and channel his inner @Louisville first half performance for Syracuse to have a chance. Oladipo will shut MCW down.
If Oladipo guards MCW then who are Hulls, Sheehey and that Yogi character guarding? One of them is matching up on CJ?

Watching this game I just despise the players Indiana has. They are like those Wisconsin Badger football teams that play with no class, their coach makes you want to punch him in the face and they pound mediocre teams and run up the score and expect the refs to coddle them.

Wished they showed that charge replay - not sure if Zeller was in the restricted zone or not.

If Oladipo guards MCW then who are Hulls, Sheehey and that Yogi character guarding? One of them is matching up on CJ?
Sheehey will play Fair, Hulls will play Triche, Yogi Ferrell is the 6th man, Wofford will play Southerland, and Zeller will play Keita/Xmas.

Looked like Wyatt got fouled on that one three - oh well.

Temple not looing great thus far on O

Wonder if the announcers will address the charge call on Craft at all during this game.

Sheehey will play Fair, Hulls will play Triche, Yogi Ferrell is the 6th man, Wofford will play Southerland, and Zeller will play Keita/Xmas.
Fair and Triche can dominate those matchups if they so choose to. Zeller seems soft, I'd like to see Rak and Keita try to fluster him.

Watching this game I just despise the players Indiana has. They are like those Wisconsin Badger football teams that play with no class, their coach makes you want to punch him in the face and they pound mediocre teams and run up the score and expect the refs to coddle them.

Why does Wisconsin football play with no class? That's random.

44cuse

Zeller will get EVERY call against Baye and Rak.

Their bigs can make the type of shots it takes to beat the zone without relying on 3's.
Watford and Zeller? True, but I think our length and athleticism is going to freak them out. They havent seen anything like what were throwing at them. We just have to play disciplined when they do get it to the mid post and not allow nonstop kickouts to wide open shooters.

Why does Wisconsin football play with no class? That's random.

44cuse
The Bret Bilemma coached Wisconsin Badger football teams are notorious for running up the score teams with inferior talent and when they play teams with similar talenttthey complain and lose because they play like their coach as a bully who if you stand up to backs down.

Triche and MCW need to penetrate, get Zeller to foul. A Temple guard has gone straight to the hoop three straight times.

Zeller will get EVERY call against Baye and Rak.
This is what I'm scared of.

If the refs call an even game and the fouls are about the same, we'll be ok.

Like someone else mentioned, there's a few positions where we match up against them really well.

Triche and MCW need to penetrate, get Zeller to foul. A Temple guard has gone straight to the hoop three straight times.
Its going to be hilarious, if we play Indiana, to watch our guys lineup against theirs.

The pace of the game between Cuse and IU would be very interesting to me. IU runs. They play an aggressive mtm but can play a zone. If we shoot well, we shoot over their small guards and they go mtm. Can we exploit our bigger guards against their smaller, quicker ones, or does their speed wear us down? Also, IU has depth that we lack. Up and down game may be difficult for us so controlling tempo may be critical.

In the end, as it has been all year, if we can shoot, we are in it. If not, we have no chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom