Indoor Practice Center live webcam | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Practice Center live webcam

I really, really, really hope that SU doesn't put "New York's College Team" on anything too permanent in the IPF.

The lack of a filming platform is curious- wouldn't it be much safer to install one instead of using scissor lifts?

I thought that as well but you could also potentially mount mechanized cameras on not have a need for a person manning a platform at all. Could have one person in a room manning multiple cameras with that.

I assume scissor lifts are 1) much less expensive (at least initially) and 2) allow the flexibility of camera positioning both vertically and horizontally.

We have relocated to Sebastian Florida so I hope they keep the camera going all winter so I can keep track of the weather.

I really, really, really hope that SU doesn't put "New York's College Team" on anything too permanent in the IPF.

The lack of a filming platform is curious- wouldn't it be much safer to install one instead of using scissor lifts?
I can't imagine that they won't add platforms later. They probably just need to wait for a new mayor (one that is not so miner).

The IPF project started before word of the potential stadium leaked, so that's not the reason for the delayed start. Maybe she's being spiteful now, but there's also enough people at SU who get paid to work these issues with the local governments out. I mean throw her some backstage passes for Billy Joel.

How can we be a big-time football program if we can't keep the local politicians in our back pockets? Oh Lord
When our mayor has made public comments like this, she'll never be in our back pocket. Disgraceful

SU football indoor practice facility due to open in early January (PS)

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The installation of 21 smoke detectors is all that stands in the way of opening Syracuse University's new $13 million indoor practice facility near Manley Field House, which is expected to be ready for use the first week of January.

Paul Driscoll, commissioner of neighborhood and business development, said Syracuse code inspectors plan to issue a temporary certificate of occupancy for the facility as soon as builders install 21 smoke detectors that were not part of the original building plans...

When our mayor has made public comments like this, she'll never be in our back pocket. Disgraceful
fuksplosion.jpg

I assume scissor lifts are 1) much less expensive (at least initially) and 2) allow the flexibility of camera positioning both vertically and horizontally.
dont the lifts also mean more stuff that is in the way on the ground and can be run into?

OrangeXtreme said:
SU football indoor practice facility due to open in early January (PS)

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The installation of 21 smoke detectors is all that stands in the way of opening Syracuse University's new $13 million indoor practice facility near Manley Field House, which is expected to be ready for use the first week of January.

Paul Driscoll, commissioner of neighborhood and business development, said Syracuse code inspectors plan to issue a temporary certificate of occupancy for the facility as soon as builders install 21 smoke detectors that were not part of the original building plans...

That article is perplexing and it seems to me that City Codes is holding things up yet again.

But, 21 smokes shouldn't take three weeks to be installed, put them in Monday and open this thing already!!!

Don't worry. I'm sure it will be all set for the 1st day of w.lax practice in early January.

The inside floor dimensions are the exact same as the Dome. I wonder if they plan to add any goal posts. There should be enough room to practice field goals.
Goal posts are typically hung from the ceiling or attached to the back wall. I would expect them to be hung from the ceiling, possibly with a way to swing them out of the way.

Not a lot of room for lifts in there- hope there are camera installations somewhere. We also see the field name and all those lacrosse lines.

If Joel Mariness was broadcasting from there it would be " The Home of the Trolley Line Punt"

The IPF is bland and boring. Sorry. I said it. Better than nothing at all, which is the point. But it's a field with white walls that you can't kick in. There's a reason that that promo video is literally one minute and 17 seconds long--that's all it takes to show it and there's not much to talk about.

The IPF is bland and boring. Sorry. I said it. Better than nothing at all, which is the point. But it's a field with white walls that you can't kick in. There's a reason that that promo video is literally one minute and 17 seconds long--that's all it takes to show it and there's not much to talk about.

This is exactly what most IPFs look like... big airplane hangar.

I'm sure there will be additional things added to the walls to enhance the visual appeal, but really this is about having a full field available for players year-round. It also frees up the Dome to host more events.

You can see the hanging goal post at :45 or at least that is what it looks like.
There might only be one... adequate for FG drills, but awkward if one were to attempt a full scrimmage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom