Interesting season so far | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Interesting season so far

they were ranked pre and early season, fairly big expectations going into the year - not sure if there were injuries or just underachieving
They lost big to an awful Cal team yet beat Miami by almost 30 .. lost to FSU.. trounced Oregon

So Oregon got beat bad by Colorado. I challenge you to check out Colorado’s results and make any sense of them. There is no pattern. It’s complete randomness
Yup. Oregon just dropped 7 points from 50 to 57 after their 16 point loss. And just like that our single Quad 1 win goes away.

Just last year, Clemson was 23-10 (14-6 in conference) and didn't make the tournament. Two years ago, Wake Forest went 23-9 (13-7 in conference) and did not make the tournament. A gaudy record means nothing if you have no quality wins, regardless of what conference you play in.

Wow. Those numbers really surprise me. I can't understand why the ACC is rated so much lower than these other conferences. The ACC just had 3 Final Four teams 2 years ago.

So refreshing to hear a reasonable, positive take as opposed to the world is falling, we suck, fire Red after every loss take. Thank you. Agree 1000%.
Hint: Do not come to the board within two days of loss. By day 3 you are safe. BUT - choose your threads wisely when you do come back. It may be chicken but it can save much angst.
Halloween Chicken GIF by MOODMAN

Hint: Do not come to the board within two days of loss. By day 3 you are safe. BUT - choose your threads wisely when you do come back. It may be chicken but it can save much angst.

I thought you were taller.

I typically follow that advice!

I want to say we’re a middling team, but we seem to beat up what I view as peer level teams right now, so maybe we’re a step above that. I guess we’ll find out more through the rest of the ACC schedule.
Yeah, good point. I think we're better than just an average team. Our record and results indicate that as well. We just need to learn how to compete for 40 min against a really good team. In the meantime, let's just continue stacking w's.

This team reminds me a litle bit of the 2000-01 team that was undersized, but won the games it was supposed to and got beat by teams it couldn’t match up with inside.

We ultimately got our doors blown off by Kansas in the tournament, but we milked out as many wins as possible.

Best team since 2021, which might be saying much but it's good to see improvement. And with Choppa/Freeman coming they'll give us a boost in two areas we need (shooting/inside scoring)

One more good offseason could get us back to top 25 good

Best team since 2021, which might be saying much but it's good to see improvement. And with Choppa/Freeman coming they'll give us a boost in two areas we need (shooting/inside scoring)

One more good offseason could get us back to top 25 good
In 2025 we need someone near the ability of DC to give us an inside presence, and the ability to pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom