Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

I believe Coyle and Co have been traveling to interview candidates as well...someone should search for flights OUT of Syracuse, not in.

View attachment 54000
Most here just don't see using a 737-800 as a private jet to transport one or two people. ;)

True, but look at the past history of that flight. It doesn't have a regularly scheduled run and appears as though it is a charter flight number. I agree a 737 makes no sense though.

Just wasting time.

I believe Coyle and Co have been traveling to interview candidates as well...someone should search for flights OUT of Syracuse, not in.
Yes, Coyle indicated that he's been traveling all week, and not to Atlantis. It's clear what he's been doing.

I'm really hoping for Frost and not Babers. The recruiting aspect REALLY scares me with DB. It can be argues that Frost is starting off behind the 8 ball, being from the Pac NW region of the country, but I think his name recognition and association with Oregon (coupled with hiring the proper assistants with NE ties) can attenuate any of those concerns.

But the way these things tend to go, it may not be either guy.
Oh for cryin out loud - it's Bowling Green! What do you expect?

And regardless - Babers is using those #105 ranked classes to generate one of the most productive offenses in the nation.

Babers should be a no-brainer for this program.

I know Frost has the momentum here, but I still wonder if the hire might be a surprise home run that we aren't talking about. Sort of like when Coyle was hired as AD.

I know Frost has the momentum here, but I still wonder if the hire might be a surprise home run that we aren't talking about. Sort of like when Coyle was hired as AD.

Who would be a surprise homerun in your eyes? Not sure there's much out there and we aren't going to pry an established coach without a significant cash outlay.

Who would be a surprise homerun in your eyes? Not sure there's much out there and we aren't going to pry an established coach without a significant cash outlay.
Dave Wannstedt with Greg Schiano DC / ST and John Reagan OC ... Nah I'm just kidding

Nah.

Harsin. I know...

Holliday? Better than Frost or Babers is a question, but HC experience might be a good thing.

Just idle speculation while the process moves forward.

Oh for cryin out loud - it's Bowling Green! What do you expect?

And regardless - Babers is using those #105 ranked classes to generate one of the most productive offenses in the nation.

Babers should be a no-brainer for this program.

Not exactly he is using someone elses recruiting class to generate that offense.

Not exactly he is using someone elses recruiting class to generate that offense.
He's better than his predecessor - he did inherit a better situation though.

And Babers?

Bees said only 2 are interviewing today and they aren't Frost and Babers only 1 of them are on todays interview list. I assume that is Frost. Very interested who else is getting the interview today.

Interesting. Bobby Acosta is following Scott Frost on Twitter.
I would love whoever the new coach is is to bring back Cody Catalina somewhere on the staff. Western PA. kid who was a hit with recruits. Moreland might be another coach worth keeping also.

Cody should be available as he was in Maryland this year