Interviews with several coaches have taken place | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Interviews with several coaches have taken place

There is very little SU-Warner connection at this point. He graduated in 1982, and spent a year or two on Coach Mac's staff as a GA. He really has not been around SU since then. And the great majority of his coaching career has been spent outside the East.

He's coached at SU, Bucknell, Connecticut and Cincinnati when they wer ein the Big East. And Michgian State does a lot of recruiting in the east and down south.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dave_warner_282842.html

Again, he may not even be a candidate. His name was just mentioned in the initial article. And reading his resume he seemed to me to make sense. If it's Scott Frost instead, fine. He'll have my full supprot. I just don't see why he's better.

So its not money or continuing an effective offense. It's about geography

It's about talent and talent is about recruiting. And recruiting is about knowing the territory, (see Greg Robinson). We need to recruit well immediately to give us the depth we need while our freshmen and sophomores turn into juniors and seniors. We can't wait a year or two for it pick up again.

He's coached at SU, Bucknell, Connecticut and Cincinnati when they wer ein the Big East. And Michgian State does a lot of recruiting in the east and down south.

Again, he may not even be a candidate. His name was just mentioned in the initial article. And reading his resume he seemed to me to make sense. If it's Scott Frost instead, fine. He'll have my full supprot. I just don't see why he's better.
Warner is 56 years old and has never been a head coach. He has only been a coordinator for 2 years and even now he is one of two offensive coordinators.

Old, long removed from SU, took 30 years to move above position coach and even now doesn't hold a coordinator title on his own. This hire would suck big time.

It's about talent and talent is about recruiting. And recruiting is about knowing the territory, (see Greg Robinson). We need to recruit well immediately to give us the depth we need while our freshmen and sophomores turn into juniors and seniors. We can't wait a year or two for it pick up again.
Frost recruits Florida for Oregon. Hell, he pulled a guy out of Plant not so long ago (who also happens to be named Eric Dungy, as it happens - Tony's son, in this case). He's also pulled a guy out of Georgia. And you can hire guys with connections, or potentially retain a guy like Acosta to maintain NJ connections.

Recruiting territory stuff is the most overblown part of this for me. You can get talent from anywhere, and you can find solid coaches with experience recruiting your program's historic geographical areas.

You really think they are equal?

It's not even close

Scheme matters. And schemes that work with mich St monsters and sure thing qbs aren't a good bet

You think Dave Warner will turn this place into Michigan St.?
Frost recruits Florida for Oregon. Hell, he pulled a guy out of Plant not so long ago (who also happens to be named Eric Dungy, as it happens - Tony's son, in this case). He's also pulled a guy out of Georgia. And you can hire guys with connections, or potentially retain a guy like Acosta to maintain NJ connections.

Recruiting territory stuff is the most overblown part of this for me. You can get talent from anywhere, and you can find solid coaches with experience recruiting your program's historic geographical areas.
To bad you never learn from History

http://www.At their request, this n...0-syracuse-probably-going-to-hire-scott-frost

Somke=Fire?

That is based on nothing more than a post on a board like this one.

Let's see if they pick up this one.

Les Miles tells LSU to screw off and takes Syracuse job.

Other than the Monday timeline, goes right along with absolutely everything I've heard.

Could be pushed up if he signs today or agrees today?

Other than the Monday timeline, goes right along with absolutely everything I've heard.
Anyone out here could have posted the same thing based on comments out here and have a good chance of being correct. It seems clear Frost is the target.

Personally, I would prefer Babers -- but Frost is high profile and would be a pretty big statement hire for Coyle, who has handled this entire situation with textbook professionalism.

Amen.

Personally, I would prefer Babers -- but Frost is high profile and would be a pretty big statement hire for Coyle, who has handled this entire situation with textbook professionalism.

Agree with all this.