Irony | Syracusefan.com

Irony

Bobby Cremins is on the infractions Committee judging us. He was the most unethical coach in the ACC and stole two recruits from us.

Good, he should have a level perspective on things. Relative to his own actions, Syracuse is a model program. Nothing to see here, folks.

On a side note, every time I read "Cremins Court" on my television I taste stomach acid.

One recruit he stole was Kenny Anderson, who was the other?

One recruit he stole was Kenny Anderson, who was the other?
Stephon Marbury. I don't remember the specifics from back then, but he was thought to be leaning heavily to SU until the last minute.

Bobby Cremins is on the infractions Committee judging us. He was the most unethical coach in the ACC and stole two recruits from us.

that might be a good thing.

I'm so glad we didn't get Marbury. No doubt that would have cost us a very enjoyable Final Four run.

Anderson, on the other hand...

I'm so glad we didn't get Marbury. No doubt that would have cost us a very enjoyable Final Four run.

Anderson, on the other hand...

Anderson was exactly what that team needed. I can picture that team with Anderson rolling through the tourney.

Sounds something like the NHL appointing Chris Pronger, a loathsome and dirty player who never saw a cheap shot he wouldn't make, to its Player Safety Department.

Bobby paid big bucks to the families of Kenny Anderson and Marbury. With Kenny Anderson we would have made a serious run at beating unlv in 1990. Instead we had the services of Michael Edwards. But having kenny would
Mean no Autry. Star bury would have cost is a final 4 in 96 so it evened out.

Bobby Cremins is a fraud. They move scum bags like him around not to fire him but to let him still have a job.

Anderson, Johnson, Thompson, Owens, Coleman (Edwards and Ellis off the bench)

That group of starters would have run every other time they had the ball.

Anderson was exactly what that team needed. I can picture that team with Anderson rolling through the tourney.

That would have been quite a team.

Maybe it wouldn't have worked out well, but I'd have liked our chances. We'd have been more talented than everyone, including UNLV.

Bobby Cremins beat Calhoun for Travis Best. I remember it clearly because it was the first recruiting battle I was really into. Best was hesitating when Calhoun gave out the "first to commit" message.

I was devastated.

Instead of Best, we got "stuck" with Kevin Ollie.

Stephon Marbury. I don't remember the specifics from back then, but he was thought to be leaning heavily to SU until the last minute.

Ohhhh Lord! How can anyone forget that press conference where Stephon, blubbering like a little girl who just got the Barbie Playhouse, practically proclaimed Bobby Cremins as his biological father. "Coach Cremins is my surrogate...he's going to be my surrogate..." All that emotional BS. The truth was that his family had just hit a financial windfall courtesy of the Cremins boosters. Kenny Anderson had to choose between playing with his pal Billy Owens or getting a free BMW. He chose the car at the 11th hour.

dasher said:
Aren't Cremins and JB buddies? Maybe I am thinking about someone else.

They put on a fake. I hope that at the hearing boeheim asks Cremins if he still plays players

Same reason that Joe Kennedy was made the Chair of the SEC.

That would have been quite a team.

Maybe it wouldn't have worked out well, but I'd have liked our chances. We'd have been more talented than everyone, including UNLV.

Hypothetical starting five comparison

Kenny Anderson
Stevie Thompson
Derrick Coleman
Billy Owens
LeRon Ellis

vs.

Greg Anthony
Anderson Hunt
Larry Johnson
Stacy Augmon
David Butler

Damn that would've been a better final than UNLV curb stomping Duke.

Kenny Anderson
Stevie Thompson
Derrick Coleman
Billy Owens
LeRon Ellis

vs.

Greg Anthony
Anderson Hunt
Larry Johnson
Stacy Augmon
David Butler

I think when Ellis sat and Johnson came in that group would have run like crazy!

kirbivore said:

Kenny Anderson
Stevie Thompson
Derrick Coleman
Billy Owens
LeRon Ellis

vs.

Greg Anthony
Anderson Hunt
Larry Johnson
Stacy Augmon
David Butler

Didn't LArry Johnson, Kenny Anderson and Billy Owens go 1, 2 and 3 in the 1991 draft? That along with DC being #1 in 1990 just means there would have been crazy talent on the floor.

Interesting to hear about the Marbury and Anderson recruitments. That was slightly before my time, but I do vaguely remember hearing about it.

Anyone care to elaborate the details?

Interesting to hear about the Marbury and Anderson recruitments. That was slightly before my time, but I do vaguely remember hearing about it.

Anyone care to elaborate the details?

Kenny Anderson got paid to attend GT. His mother was all too happy to steer him there because she didn't like JB, but we were the prohbitive favorite due to [a] proximity and [2] the talent we had returning on that team [Coleman, Owens, Thompson, Ellis]. What that 1990 team lacked was a point guard, and Anderson would have been a great fit. Instead, we got bounced in the sweet 16, and Anderson led a far more limited GT team to the final four.

Marbury's recruitment was also a circus. I've hated GT ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom