Irony | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Irony

Kenny Anderson got paid to attend GT. His mother was all too happy to steer him there because she didn't like JB, but we were the prohbitive favorite due to [a] proximity and [2] the talent we had returning on that team [Coleman, Owens, Thompson, Ellis]. What that 1990 team lacked was a point guard, and Anderson would have been a great fit. Instead, we got bounced in the sweet 16, and Anderson led a far more limited GT team to the final four.

Marbury's recruitment was also a circus. I've hated GT ever since.

I can hear JB at the hearing right now: "We're here because you are telling me Fab Melo didn't do his homework because he was at Chucks 5 days a week, and Bobby's sitting over there still paying Kenny Anderson for taking Georgia Tech to the final four in 1990."

Rocco said:
Interesting to hear about the Marbury and Anderson recruitments. That was slightly before my time, but I do vaguely remember hearing about it. Anyone care to elaborate the details?

A lot of it was rumors, but very strong ones at that. I can't remember if it was Anderson or Marbury, pretty sure Anderson, but mom moved to Georgia supposedly and was provided a house. Same as being paid though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom