Is anyone going to Omaha? | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone going to Omaha?

Yes the wife and I will be there, actually the wife left today as her sister lives there, Im flying in Friday morning.

Looking forward to upsetting the Dookies in Husker territory!

*Creighton Bluejay territory, huskers are a little more west. Besides husker fans don't think basketball exists unless they get a 5 seed in the NIT which is considered one of the best seasons in program history for them.

My friends who live in Des Moines will be going, it's about a 2 hour drive. I was visiting them this week and am in the airport as I type. I came out 1 week too early! Was still great to be able to watch these last two games with them though

Will head up with KSOtto if the prices come down on game tickets. Everything I'm seeing online is at least $400. If there are any charitable Syracuse soul's that want to part with tickets around face value, please let me know.

I had major oral surgery this morning and am seriously a mess -- sore and swollen -- but I am going. Fortunately Delta has a ton of fights to Omaha because it is an old Western Airlines hub (which was bought by Delta).

Downside is that the surgeon's instructions say I am not allowed to eat the following foods for the next two weeks.

'DO NOT EAT chewy, hard, fried or spicy food like crusty bread, pizza, candy, corn, rice, popcorn, nuts, gum, steak, wings, sausage, chips, nachos, pretzels.'

I wonder whether there will be any other kind of food to eat in Omaha on a basketball weekend!

I had major dental surgery this morning and am seriously a mess -- sore and swollen -- but I am going. Fortunately Delta has a ton of fights to Omaha because it is an old Western Airlines hub (which was bought by Delta).

Downside is that the surgeon's instructions say I am not allowed to eat, the following foods for the next two weeks.

'DO NOT EAT chewy, hard, fried or spicy food like crusty bread, pizza, candy, corn, rice, popcorn, nuts, gum, steak, wings, sausage, chips, nachos, pretzels.'

I wonder whether there will be any other kind of food to eat in Omaha on a basketball weekend!

Oranges? :)

I had major dental surgery this morning and am seriously a mess -- sore and swollen -- but I am going. Fortunately Delta has a ton of fights to Omaha because it is an old Western Airlines hub (which was bought by Delta).

Downside is that the surgeon's instructions say I am not allowed to eat, the following foods for the next two weeks.

what in the heck?!!

Well, Vodka isnt on that list.

Cto - I'll feed you like a baby bird if needed.

CuseTroop, you must be raking in the dough! Atlantis, Chicago in 16', Now Omaha? I can't remember if you made the Final Four or not.

Ha! I actually had someone that I met in the bahamas tell me they thought I was a trust fund baby when I ran into them at LSU.

Nah man, just extremely fiscally irresponsible. Also extremely lucky to have met amazing friends who have made trips like this easier. Tickets, letting me crash on their hotel floor lol etc.

I honestly do need to get my stuff together. I think it will be easier once I move back to the lower 48. Winter sucks up here, easy to get depressed. These trips really help

Ha! I actually had someone that I met in the bahamas tell me they thought I was a trust fund baby when I ran into them at LSU.

Nah man, just extremely fiscally irresponsible. Also extremely lucky to have met amazing friends who have made trips like this easier. Tickets, letting me crash on their hotel floor lol etc.

I honestly do need to get my stuff together. I think it will be easier once I move back to the lower 48. Winter sucks up here, easy to get depressed. These trips really help

I hear you. Trips like this are really tough. I told myself in 13' that I'd never miss a Syracuse Final Four again. I had no clue they'd be back three years later. Houston was amazing, even with the loss.

I feel like the key to doing these trips if you're going to spend the money is to do some sightseeing so it doesn't just turn into a trip about basketball. When we went to Houston we flew into Austin and drove to Houston. On the way back we ended up spending an afternoon in San Antonio visiting the riverwalk and Alamo. It was like a mini-vacation!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom