Is anyone going to Omaha? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone going to Omaha?

I had major oral surgery this morning and am seriously a mess -- sore and swollen -- but I am going. Fortunately Delta has a ton of fights to Omaha because it is an old Western Airlines hub (which was bought by Delta).

Downside is that the surgeon's instructions say I am not allowed to eat the following foods for the next two weeks.

'DO NOT EAT chewy, hard, fried or spicy food like crusty bread, pizza, candy, corn, rice, popcorn, nuts, gum, steak, wings, sausage, chips, nachos, pretzels.'

I wonder whether there will be any other kind of food to eat in Omaha on a basketball weekend!

Pies from the Village Inn (chain of Dennys-like restaurants, but maybe a bit more upscale)

mintbrownieblast.jpg

I had major oral surgery this morning and am seriously a mess -- sore and swollen -- but I am going. Fortunately Delta has a ton of fights to Omaha because it is an old Western Airlines hub (which was bought by Delta).

Downside is that the surgeon's instructions say I am not allowed to eat the following foods for the next two weeks.

'DO NOT EAT chewy, hard, fried or spicy food like crusty bread, pizza, candy, corn, rice, popcorn, nuts, gum, steak, wings, sausage, chips, nachos, pretzels.'

I wonder whether there will be any other kind of food to eat in Omaha on a basketball weekend!
Looks like a near liquid diet without being able to eat any of the basic food pyramid items. :p

Pies from the Village Inn (chain of Dennys-like restaurants, but maybe a bit more upscale)

mintbrownieblast.jpg

More upscale from Denny’s could be a high school cafeteria. That crap is worse than government issued food.

I posted earlier to crickets, does anyone know which hotel is the team hotel? I’d like to stay at least close so we can hit a pep rally etc. My wife, 8 year old daughter and I will be getting in Thursday night! Looking forward to it. Love being placed in the Midwest Bracket! 6 hour drive from STL.

The crowd in Omaha will be 90% Kansas so... Just 200 miles from KU campus.

Obie9 and I will be there. For once we’re flying ( drive time from Syracuse just too long)... some driving as we fly into Kansas City but it’s worth it- 1/2 the cost as Inyo Omaha.

2 friends from Austin also coming in.
Awesome, if I locate tickets I’ll have to meet up with you guys again.

Obie9 and I will be there. For once we’re flying ( drive time from Syracuse just too long)... some driving as we fly into Kansas City but it’s worth it- 1/2 the cost as Inyo Omaha.

2 friends from Austin also coming in.

Great news. Barb and I will again count on Obie to be our driver around Omaha. Even though he "almost killed us" in St Louis two years ago. ;)

Mrs Fairfax and I will be there. Leaving SLC Thursday at approximately 9am. Overnighting in Cheyanne (for a stop at Accomplice Brew Company). Should hit Omaha around noon Friday.

Terrible geographical site you are right (what major city is it close too?!).

I was actually there for the tournament in 2007. It's pretty much exactly what you think it would be like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom