Is anyone going to Omaha? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone going to Omaha?

I posted earlier to crickets, does anyone know which hotel is the team hotel? I’d like to stay at least close so we can hit a pep rally etc. My wife, 8 year old daughter and I will be getting in Thursday night! Looking forward to it. Love being placed in the Midwest Bracket! 6 hour drive from STL.

For those going to Omaha, I am working on creating a mobile map of all the Syracuse related events. I have the pregame party and a few places to eat so far. What else should I add? Enjoy the game!

iphone: RoadWarriors - Find Your Tailgate on the App Store

android: RoadWarriors - Android Apps on Google Play

Screenshot_20180320-181938~2.png

Well, I've always associated the word "Omaha" with "audible/changing things up", and wouldn't ya know it... we've got an audible.

I just cancelled my plane tickets. Prolly the most adult decision I've ever made (besides not going to Houston for the Final four, 2 days after getting back to Alaska), and probably one I'll regret for a while. I hope everyone has a blast, takes lots of pictures, posts some recaps and bring us that W!!

I'm 80% sure this will be my last March Madness in Alaska. I'm trying to hang out until January when I'm vested (See, I do care a little about retirement). It's been an awesome ride up here, but I need to get back to the lower 48. Closer to family, closer to Cuse games haha.

Ughhhhhh I was hoping the airlines would refuse to refund my ticket so I was forced to go lol

Well, I've always associated the word "Omaha" with "audible/changing things up", and wouldn't ya know it... we've got an audible.

I just cancelled my plane tickets. Prolly the most adult decision I've ever made (besides not going to Houston for the Final four, 2 days after getting back to Alaska), and probably one I'll regret for a while. I hope everyone has a blast, takes lots of pictures, posts some recaps and bring us that W!!

I'm 80% sure this will be my last March Madness in Alaska. I'm trying to hang out until January when I'm vested (See, I do care a little about retirement). It's been an awesome ride up here, but I need to get back to the lower 48. Closer to family, closer to Cuse games haha.

Ughhhhhh I was hoping the airlines would refuse to refund my ticket so I was forced to go lol
You’re growing up right in front of our eyes. :)

Hah, after reading FairfaxOrange post about having one ticket available, I was just about to PM you to ask if you had lodging set up to try to work something out. I guess your new found maturity just saved me a buttload as well!

Hah, after reading FairfaxOrange post about having one ticket available, I was just about to PM you to ask if you had lodging set up to try to work something out. I guess your new found maturity just saved me a buttload as well!

Hope one of you scoops that ticket up. Great seats, Even greater company.

Any footballs games this year?

Hopefully the people of Omaha are more hospitable than the jackwagon that felt the need to write this article

Ugh. Thus was all over syracuse.com this afternoon.

Apparently some less-than-noteworthy reporter or blogger heard someone - we don’t know who - in the SU lockerroom say something about Nebraska being flat and full of farms.

Which, by all evidence, it is.

And this needed to be breathlessly reported to trigger a Twitter war started by Nebraska Twittiots who don’t understand why their university’s teams are known as the Cornhuskers.

Hopefully the people of Omaha are more hospitable than the jackwagon that felt the need to write this article

How does someone from something called the athletic get into the lockeroom? Never heard of the thing.

“Were heard” by unnamed kids in a locker room. Lol. Great reporting on the game! And then another “journalist” gets paid to write an article about states’ flatness rankings. And I clicked on it.
:bat:

How does someone from something called the athletic get into the lockeroom? Never heard of the thing.

Really? It's probably one of the fastest growing sports journalism sites out there. Most if its content is only accessible if you have a subscription, so it will be interesting to see if that model works in the age of free content. Its journalists include Seth Davis, Dana O'Neill, Ken Pomeroy, Stewart Mandel, Ken Rosenthal, Peter Gammons and Pierre LeBrun.

The Athletic - Wikipedia

If they make it to San Antonio I will drive you there myself.

...can’t believe you picked now to he responsible. Don’t you have 8 more years before you have to do that? JK, but seriously we will miss you and look forward to seeing you again soon.

...can’t believe you picked now to he responsible. Don’t you have 8 more years before you have to do that? JK, but seriously we will miss you and look forward to seeing you again soon.

I can't believe it either, and am actually a little mad at myself. Woke up this morning, looked for flights. Earliest I can get into Omaha is Saturday afternoon. I gotta get back to civilization soon.

Really? It's probably one of the fastest growing sports journalism sites out there. Most if its content is only accessible if you have a subscription, so it will be interesting to see if that model works in the age of free content. Its journalists include Seth Davis, Dana O'Neill, Ken Pomeroy, Stewart Mandel, Ken Rosenthal, Peter Gammons and Pierre LeBrun.

The Athletic - Wikipedia

never heard of it. and who is Nicole Auerbach? her and the rag should never be allowed in our locker room. it wasn't an interview.

I’m bummed you will not be in Omaha. I was looking forward to catching up, but understand. Headmaster9 & I will also at the 2K classic & ND game. Hope to see you before that. Let us know if you need anything.

Wish they started these tailgates a little earlier for those of us who like to attend the first game. They did the same thing in Detroit. If it was me, I’d would have tried to arrange the tailgate around the women’s game. There were several people in Detroit who wanted to watch the women’s team play Oklahoma St. It would have been a great time for a tailgate.

I had planned to drive, as I've driven to Lincoln a number of times. The ticket prices were just ridiculous from what I saw though. I also had a large sum of cash slapped against my shoulder or hand or something(I dont recall the details, I'd been celebrating a bit liberally), and was told it was mine just to show up to a bar because of the guy hadn't seen a loss when he saw me there. That knocked me off the fence.

Best wishes to those going: Safe travel, good logistics, a fun time, and most importantly a Cuse win!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom