Is Bill Simmons 15 minutes of fame almost up. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Bill Simmons 15 minutes of fame almost up.

Simmons and Rose are the only reason to even watch the Draft. Love them both. Rose is very knowledgeable and Simmons very entertaining. Rose never hesitates to give a shout out to DC either, compares kids to him all the time. You guys take way too seriously, Walter Cronkite may be more your speed? What

I agree with you - I feel like Mel Kiper thinks that what he's doing is as critically important as being a war correspondent in Afghanistan or something. I prefer Simmons/Rose's light-hearted approach.

I wouldn't say that I love Simmons, but I like him well enough to read most of his stuff. Some of it is hit or miss, but usually entertaining enough and the random references keep me interested. The draft day coverage he used to do was always a highlight of the year IMO. Wish he would get off of TV so he could keep doing that. :)

His voice is sort of annoying - so, for that reason alone I could deal with him not being on TV. But, I don't find him to be awful.

I'm just thankful Rick Reilly is gone...and if Bill Simmons presence/popularity helped make that happen, well, I'll always be a fan. Bravo Bill, Bravo!!!

I have a personal grudge against Simmons (won't get into that but he stole a column from me - no, I'm not making that up). I think he knows FAR less about basketball than he thinks he does. Honestly, he doesn't know any more than half the people here. The dude never even played in high school, yet acts like an expert. I love when he tries to make a point and someone like Bilas or Jalen basically tells him he's an idiot and he immediately shuts up.

That said I still think when he sticks to what he knows, which is pop culture and a smattering of sports, he's very good. He's an excellent writer. Just way too smarmy and full of himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom