Is Gus gone? | Syracusefan.com

Is Gus gone?

His fam wanted him to go to miami. Bye gus... Thanks Marrone

If he goes, he goes. If he really loved Cuse, this would not affect him!

Hackett may be able to stop some of the bleeding.. not sure how much though.

Stop overreacting. He's not gone. Well yet anyway.

He's scheduled other visits as he should. Most of the recruit relationships are with the staff, not Marrone. There's going to be uncertainty with the recruiting class until a new HC is named. If it's from within, I expect the recruit losses to be minimal if any. If it's from outside but significant components of Marrone's staff are retained - I'd expect the same.

We may get into some trouble if the staff is completely blown up and we have all new faces. Then again, that may open us up to other opportunities if it's a coach that is currently a HC somewhere else. Until that happens, people need to relax and let the situation play itself out.

The impatience, paranoia, and overreaction isn't helping anything.

Rutgers??? really? I'd rather play for a team with no head coach than be a RB in that putrid offensive scheme - yuck

Rutgers??? really? I'd rather play for a team with no head coach than be a RB in that putrid offensive scheme - yuck
You think players would be onto Rutgers by now... Where inflated 4 star recruits go to die.

You think players would be onto Rutgers by now... Where inflated 4 star recruits go to die.
They have a recent history of giving their featured back a ton of carries. Too many, imo, since they have been getting hurt. Ray Rice's name still has a lot of cache with young RBs - moreso that Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little.

They have a recent history of giving their featured back a ton of carries. Too many, imo, since they have been getting hurt. Ray Rice's name still has a lot of cache with young RBs - moreso that Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little.

3 of the all time greats vs, well, a nice back, but really . . . . but I hear what you are saying.

with Jamison going pro they have a huge opportunity for freshman PT since Huggins is basically the only TB left on the roster - and he's now a junior.

Then there;s us with Smith, Gulley, Morris, AAM, McFarlene etc.

At this point I fully expect him to flip to buttgers. Hell, we should be just as worried with FSU and even Miami - who just stole a kid out of northern NJ.

I'd be presently surprised if Edwards stayed with Syracuse.

with Jamison going pro they have a huge opportunity for freshman PT since Huggins is basically the only TB left on the roster - and he's now a junior.

Then there;s us with Smith, Gulley, Morris, AAM, McFarlene etc.

At this point I fully expect him to flip to buttgers. Hell, we should be just as worried with FSU and even Miami - who just stole a kid out of northern NJ.

I'd be presently surprised if Edwards stayed with Syracuse.

Key.

The following is from: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/fsu/post?id=5760

In the wake of Doug Marrone accepting the coaching job with the NFL's Buffalo Bills, Syracuse is in danger of losing its top commitment.

Three-star running back Augustus Edwards (Staten Island, N.Y./Tottenville) said he plans to visit as many as three programs before making a final decision. The 6-foot-2, 221-pound Edwards is the No. 59 running back nationally and is the No. 1 recruit in the Orange's 2013 class.

Edwards will officially visit Florida State the weekend of Jan. 11 and Rutgers the weekend of Jan. 25. He also plans to visit Miami (Fla.), but no date has been set.

"I'm just gonna look around a little," he said.

Edwards said he and his family were bracing for the news Marrone would leave as rumors swirled all week that he was one of the leading candidates for several NFL coaching vacancies.

3 of the all time greats vs, well, a nice back, but really . . . . but I hear what you are saying.
Clearly, I am biased in favor of the 3 44s, but ain't nobody recruiting me to play college football.

Edwards made it official yesterday that he is no longer considering SU.

Former SU RB Terry Richardson has been on him as well as Al Golden for Miami.

It's between our two new ACC brothers The U & FSU for his services.

Remember the words of HCSS.

All the more reason to give Carter a shot at RB if he wants it

his loss - will be interesting to see if he enjoys playing fullback

Maybe someone can remind him to take off his Marcus Sales jersey in his twitter picture.. Disappointed about Gus, but we want to kids who want Syracuse!

Maybe someone can remind him to take off his Marcus Sales jersey in his twitter picture.. Disappointed about Gus, but we want to kids who want Syracuse!
To be truthful he's a better fit at Miami. After that incident where he and others were kicked off the team for taunting a 15 year old girl who ended up committing suicide by jumping in front of a train my feelings for him changed. SU stuck with him through that whole episode. Can't wait to face him now.

I guess if this ends up being Ray Rice part II it will be really depressing. But, ultimately, we seem to be in good shape at RB so i don't feel like it's a stomach punch. And, as for the kid going elsewhere, we literally overhauled basically the entire staff -- hard to blame him for at least exploring other options, which are obviously numerous.

This is really not a surprise. He has been unwilling to talk about syracuse for weeks now. OE I agree completely with your feelings. I honestly believe this was going to happen even if Marrone and Hack had stayed. This is a very different situation than Zack Allen's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom