Is Gus gone? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Gus gone?

If you watch the interview when he committed to Syracuse his family and h Gus always claimed that Miami was his dream school

If you watch the interview when he committed to Syracuse his family and h Gus always claimed that Miami was his dream school

Can't argue with that.

Tis true.

And leave it to Al Golden to sell him a pile of steaming .

Need to lock down the Howard kid from West Genny. Sounds like that may not be an easy task, but we do have Mighty Mac, so I like our chances.

Yup thats been clear since day 1, not much the staff can do at this point. When coaches leave there are going to be decommits its just the way it is.

To be truthful he's a better fit at Miami. After that incident where he and others were kicked off the team for taunting a 15 year old girl who ended up committing suicide by jumping in front of a train my feelings for him changed. SU stuck with him through that whole episode. Can't wait to face him now.

Just going by what I read into it, but my impression was that he was one of the guys hooking up with her. Not the ones taunting her. They said the taunters weren't on the football team.

When you think about it, someone who grew up with Miami as their dream school could never be Orange. For multiple reasons (culture/weather/etc.).

Just going by what I read into it, but my impression was that he was one of the guys hooking up with her. Not the ones taunting her. They said the taunters weren't on the football team.

When you think about it, someone who grew up with Miami as their dream school could never be Orange. For multiple reasons (culture/weather/etc.).

agree we jeepers. plus, if he was taunting her, i doubt his twitter handle would be rip felicia garces, or whatever it was.

gus is a big loss. i cant believe we lost a recruit to miami, however, with the sanctions looming, or is miami going to skate completely due to the "botched" investigation?

Haven't seen reports of Gus eliminating us, where is this coming from? If anything, on other sites I am reading it is still a 3 team race all pretty much even. Am I missing something here? Thanks for the info.

Just gives McDonald one more scholly he can use this year or next.

Not the time to wallow on the flip, but he is a great prospect. You can spin it anyway you want, but this is a loss. NYC athlete point one, physical stud, point two! Yes, another potential roster spot is open, but we can't lose our ground in NYC after the foundation that has been built over the last four years. There are sophomores and juniors in the City following this year's recruiting developments and we have to stay on them!!

Haven't seen reports of Gus eliminating us, where is this coming from? If anything, on other sites I am reading it is still a 3 team race all pretty much even. Am I missing something here? Thanks for the info.

Can someone provide a link?

I don't read the recruiting forum much, but did we really let someone start a thread titled "Gus is Gone" and the contents simply say we might lose him?

I don't read the recruiting forum much, but did we really let someone start a thread titled "Gus is Gone" and the contents simply say we might lose him?

That's the unfortunate part about this board. I don't look at is as much either, although now it's busy season so I'm trying to make it more of a stop on the tour. (I love that's there a dedicated forum to it by the way, even if I'm not reading it that much).

But it seems like each recruit has their own thread. So you need to dig through the thread to find out the latest. Which is fine. But kind of annoying to have the Gus thread be based on an opinion that reads like a fact.

That's the unfortunate part about this board. I don't look at is as much either, although now it's busy season so I'm trying to make it more of a stop on the tour. (I love that's there a dedicated forum to it by the way, even if I'm not reading it that much).

But it seems like each recruit has their own thread. So you need to dig through the thread to find out the latest. Which is fine. But kind of annoying to have the Gus thread be based on an opinion that reads like a fact.

Orangeyes bumped this thread this morning with new info. He seems to be certain that Syracuse has been eliminated.

Orangeyes bumped this thread this morning with new info. He seems to be certain that Syracuse has been eliminated.

Not doubting OrangeEyes, but I would concur that there appears to be no public announcement as yet that he has decommitted...

Just gives McDonald one more scholly he can use this year or next.
Send McDonald to Norcross, GA. Kamara was high on the CUSE last year, he just had a bad visit at Georgia according to reports, Alabama already has 2 top RB's recruited, what the heck, bring down a 44 jersey for the young man and see if he wants to be part of something special! He is worth a shot, even if it is remote. Get him up for a visit. Floyd, whatch think! This kid reminds me of you!

Send McDonald to Norcross, GA. Kamara was high on the CUSE last year, he just had a bad visit at Georgia according to reports, Alabama already has 2 top RB's recruited, what the heck, bring down a 44 jersey for the young man and see if he wants to be part of something special! He is worth a shot, even if it is remote. Get him up for a visit. Floyd, whatch think! This kid reminds me of you!

We have no shot at Kamara ... zero zilch none.

Maybe if we were fielding a track team. But I wouldn't. Laray is about 170 pounds. Edwards is 6-2 220.
I would've liked both, but maybe if we can reel in Laray, he can be a poor man's LaMichael James. Maybe.:noidea:

Maybe if we were fielding a track team. But I wouldn't. Laray is about 170 pounds. Edwards is 6-2 220.
We don't need another bruiser. We have AAM and Smith and we're almost moving away from a move the pile RB with our offense. I think McDonald wants us to play even more spread so we need a quick running back.

Unfortunately this is not surprising, one both Marrone and Hackett left its was a long shot AE was coming here regardless of whether or not Anselmo stayed. The one issue this does create is it makes Laray a must get recruit now, losing one is doable losing both would be a disaster.

No it's not. There are enough RB's on the roster for the next two years. It's a position where a TF can come in and make an impact right away.

Miami will be no different..
I really think and afraid that our NYC pipeline will almost completely dry up. We were never really known for gettin city kids until marrones tenure and it sucks! Guess we'll see

Twitter saying Golden and the boys doing in-home with Gus tonight...

Peter Ariz@P_Ariz3
Miami bringing out the big guns tonight for an in-home visit with NY RB/FB Gus Edwards. Golden, Coley, & Richardson will all be there#Canes

No it's not. There are enough RB's on the roster for the next two years. It's a position where a TF can come in and make an impact right away.

Im talking about from a purely recruiting standpoint in the NYC area, not from an on the field standpoint, theres plenty of talent allready on the roster but it would be bad to lose out on both AE and Smith in the same season.

We don't need another bruiser. We have AAM and Smith and we're almost moving away from a move the pile RB with our offense. I think McDonald wants us to play even more spread so we need a quick running back.

AAM ? come on now.

Smith has 2 tops and maybe 1 year left.

You did hear McDonald say we'd have a physical offense right? I partially take that to mean we're going to continue have two styles one of which will be a downhill wear you out running back.

I personally see a real benefit to having a punishing RB (delone/smith) complimented with a fast/finesse/jitterbug type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom