Is HCIW Hopkins Written In Stone? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Is HCIW Hopkins Written In Stone?

ND was good last year? Wow your standards are really low now I understand

They were a basket away from the final four and beating Kentucky and going to the FF. They finished 6th in the AP poll and we beat them by 16 on their home court. You are the one who has unrealistic standards. Even Duke loses in the first round. Teams have down years. It happens. Schools like UNC and Louisville got theirs coming too. Maybe if you used some facts around your argument people wouldn't be so easy to dismiss your claims.

They were a basket away from the final four and beating Kentucky and going to the FF. They finished 6th in the AP poll and we beat them by 16 on their home court. You are the one who has unrealistic standards. Even Duke loses in the first round. Teams have down years. It happens. Schools like UNC and Louisville got theirs coming too. Maybe if you used some facts around your argument people wouldn't be so easy to dismiss your claims.
We won 65-60

We won 65-60

Forgot the score. At one point we were up big.

Notre Dame had a great team last year. They beat National Champion twice, had two players drafted in the NBA, and finishing ranked 6th.

Current NBA players.

Melo
Wes
Waiters
MCW
Grant
Ennis
Rak
Cmac

Vs

Drummond
Walker
Napier
Lamb
Butler
Gay
Villanueva

Currently, Uconn has 7, we have 8.

And of course Rak and Cmac count. They're on NBA rosters...just like Allen doesn't count for Uconn because he's a free agent.

If your on a NBA roster, you're an NBA player.

Rak has been in the D league all year. If he's an NBA player then so is Hasheem Thabeet. McCullough hasn't played a single game. Uconn had Ben Gordon on a roster this year, and Ray Allen retired I believe. Okafor is injured. Again, Uconn has had 13 lottery picks in the last 15-20 years. We've have 4, I believe.
Current NBA players.

Melo
Wes
Waiters
MCW
Grant
Ennis
Rak
Cmac

Vs

Drummond
Walker
Napier
Lamb
Butler
Gay
Villanueva

Currently, Uconn has 7, we have 8.

And of course Rak and Cmac count. They're on NBA rosters...just like Allen doesn't count for Uconn because he's a free agent.

If your on a NBA roster, you're an NBA player.

AlpharettaCuse said:
Rak has been in the D league all year. If he's an NBA player then so is Hasheem Thabeet. McCullough hasn't played a single game. Uconn had Ben Gordon on a roster this year, and Ray Allen retired I believe. Okafor is injured. Again, Uconn has had 13 lottery picks in the last 15-20 years. We've have 4, I believe.

Rak was brought up last week.

rrlbees said:
Rak was brought up last week.

And Ennis is on the Bucks roster and has played in 15 games while CMac is on the Nets roster but is still rehabbing.

What I said was fact. Do what you want with those numbers.

Does thabeet have a NBA contract?

It's weird that you're digging in so Mich on this.

thabeet plays in the d leauge just like Rak. He's at least played games in the NBA.

It's weird that you think we put more players in the NBA than UCONN because we have 8 players "on NBA rosters". We have 5 kids that actually play games in the NBA. Carmelo, Dion, Wes, MCW and Grant. That's it. UConn has had guys like Donyall Marshall, Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, and Ray Allen hang it up after 10 plus years in the NBA. Emeka Okafor has had an excellent career, which is not over. They've had a lot more players, and higher level ones than we have, over the last 20 years. For our Jason Hart, they had a Kevin Ollie. For our Hakim Warrick, they had a Hilton Armstrong. They had 14 players on NBA rosters just a couple years ago. 13 lottery picks to 5 for us. They didn't win 4 titles by accident. They've had NBA talent. With the exception of Carmelo, their players in the NBA are better and have longer careers.

AlpharettaCuse said:
thabeet plays in the d leauge just like Rak. He's at least played games in the NBA. It's weird that you think we put more players in the NBA than UCONN because we have 8 players "on NBA rosters". We have 5 kids that actually play games in the NBA. Carmelo, Dion, Wes, MCW and Grant. That's it. UConn has had guys like Donyall Marshall, Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, and Ray Allen hang it up after 10 plus years in the NBA. Emeka Okafor has had an excellent career, which is not over. They've had a lot more players, and higher level ones than we have, over the last 20 years. For our Jason Hart, they had a Kevin Ollie. For our Hakim Warrick, they had a Hilton Armstrong. They had 14 players on NBA rosters just a couple years ago. 13 lottery picks to 5 for us. They didn't win 4 titles by accident. They've had NBA talent. With the exception of Carmelo, their players in the NBA are better and have longer careers.

And they use it as a recruiting tool and others use it against us in recruiting.

thabeet plays in the d leauge just like Rak. He's at least played games in the NBA.

It's weird that you think we put more players in the NBA than UCONN because we have 8 players "on NBA rosters". We have 5 kids that actually play games in the NBA. Carmelo, Dion, Wes, MCW and Grant. That's it. UConn has had guys like Donyall Marshall, Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, and Ray Allen hang it up after 10 plus years in the NBA. Emeka Okafor has had an excellent career, which is not over. They've had a lot more players, and higher level ones than we have, over the last 20 years. For our Jason Hart, they had a Kevin Ollie. For our Hakim Warrick, they had a Hilton Armstrong. They had 14 players on NBA rosters just a couple years ago. 13 lottery picks to 5 for us. They didn't win 4 titles by accident. They've had NBA talent. With the exception of Carmelo, their players in the NBA are better and have longer careers.

I m pretty sure that at no point did I say that we put more players in the NBA than Uconn.

I put up a stat that showed only a handful of schools had more NBA players on opening day rosters than us. You tried to throw uconn in. I showed you were incorrect. What they did in the past is immatarial to the point I was making, which was about THIS year. So no, Ray Allen who's been retired since 2014, and Ben Gordon and his 2 game preseason cup of coffee aren't relevant.

Okafor is done. He hasn't played since 2013. Three years. Ben Gordon is done. He hasn't played this year.

Our recent talent is better than theirs. For all that talent you named from UCONN, their two most recent teams had Napier, Lamb, and Walker. Walker is a starter, the other two guys aren't blowing the NBA water away.

BTW we beat Uconn this year. I could give a ... about them.

I m pretty sure that at no point did I say that we put more players in the NBA than Uconn.

I put up a stat that showed only a handful of schools had more NBA players on opening day rosters than us. You tried to throw uconn in. I showed you were incorrect. What they did in the past is immatarial to the point I was making, which was about THIS year. So no, Ray Allen who's been retired since 2014, and Ben Gordon and his 2 game preseason cup of coffee aren't relevant.

Ah...ok. That's what I asked, right? I asked do you mean this year, forever or the last 20 years. It's not even close over the last 20 or so

Ah...ok. That's what I asked, right? I asked do you mean this year, forever or the last 20 years. It's not even close over the last 20 or so

Yeah...we've been better the last few years but who knows how long these guys are going to stick around.

Okafor is done. He hasn't played since 2013. Three years. Ben Gordon is done. He hasn't played this year.

Our recent talent is better than theirs. For all that talent you named from UCONN, their two most recent teams had Napier, Lamb, and Walker. Walker is a starter, the other two guys aren't blowing the NBA water away.

BTW we beat Uconn this year. I could give a ... about them.

Don't think so.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...likely-delay-comeback-neck-injury-next-season

I'd say Drummond, Napier and Kemba Walker are better than Grant, Ennis and MCW. I'd imagine Jeremy Lamb is better than Wes Johnson.

I don't think Kevin Ollie recruits as well as Calhoun did, but they've had a lot more NBA talent than we did when he was winning titles.

Don't think so.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...likely-delay-comeback-neck-injury-next-season

I'd say Drummond, Napier and Kemba Walker are better than Grant, Ennis and MCW. I'd imagine Jeremy Lamb is better than Wes Johnson.

I don't think Kevin Ollie recruits as well as Calhoun did, but they've had a lot more NBA talent than we did when he was winning titles.

Okafor is done. I don't care what that says, where's he going to play next year? Angola? You're awfully obsessed with Uconn. Why? Like I said, we beat them this year.

Neither Napier or Ennis are rotation players. You want to compare Walker to MCW? Fine. Walker is more of a completely product than MCW is. Lamb and Wes are both rotation players this year.

Drummonds a star? Ok. What he do against us? Nothing. We beat them by 15 the year he was there. This was about current NBA players, not three years ago.

Okafor is done. I don't care what that says, where's he going to play next year? Angola? You're awfully obsessed with Uconn. Why? Like I said, we beat them this year.

Neither Napier or Ennis are rotation players. You want to compare Walker to MCW? Fine. Walker is more of a completely product than MCW is. Lamb and Wes are both rotation players this year.

Drummonds a star? Ok. What he do against us? Nothing. We beat them by 15 the year he was there. This was about current NBA players, not three years ago.

You should read the article. It clearly states otherwise. He might end up with Dallas, Cleveland or Miami, who all expressed interest. I'm not obsessed with UConn. I saw something posted I disagreed with and posted about it. Beating them this year has nothing to do with the post, right? It was about NBA players. And Drummond had 13 and 7 against us. How is that relevant to his NBA career? He's a current NBA player, isn't he? Lamb averages about twice the ppg Wes does. Napier plays, Ennis doesn't. You sure are thin-skinned.

UConn's players will have an inherent advantage playing m2m.

Love JB, but the zone makes our players less appealing to the nba than guys that play m2m.

I like to look at as tiers of players.

We have a future HoF guy in Melo.

They have Drummond and Rudy Gay (all star level) and Kemba (right below those guys).

Everyone else, on both teams, is going to be grinding it out or getting dropped from the league. It's a tough, tough league and the fact that we have that many guys on rosters is pretty solid. Really wish Dion or MCW had made a leap, but it doesn't look like it.

But if you roll the clock back not too long ago, they would be wiping the floor with us in terms of NBA talent.

You should read the article. It clearly states otherwise. He might end up with Dallas, Cleveland or Miami, who all expressed interest. I'm not obsessed with UConn. I saw something posted I disagreed with and posted about it. Beating them this year has nothing to do with the post, right? It was about NBA players. And Drummond had 13 and 7 against us. How is that relevant to his NBA career? He's a current NBA player, isn't he? Lamb averages about twice the ppg Wes does. Napier plays, Ennis doesn't. You sure are thin-skinned.

No.

And Napier just recently got back in the rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom