Is it better for us if Clemson beats or loses to FSU? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it better for us if Clemson beats or loses to FSU?

1 loss Ohio State is a stone cold lock.

The big question will be if Washington has 1 loss and Pac-12 champ, 1 loss Louisville, and 1 loss Michigan.

Alabama, Big Ten champ, ACC Champ w/1 loss are locks.

Pac-12 with Washington in the driver's seat for the 4th spot.
Utah if they won out would likely get in.

Big XII only WVU has a chance and I don't see them running the table. Baylor even undefeated is going to have a hard time.

The best 1 loss team right now is Louisville then Ohio State who controls its own destiny and Texas A&M.

How great would it be if Clemson Clemson's against us?

I really don't think we stand a chance against either of these two teams, so I doubt it makes a difference what happens in their game.

Michigan will beat ohio st then loose in the title game and no big 10 team gets in. You heard it hear first
'
No one in the Big Ten west is good enough to beat either Mich or Osu.

'
No one in the Big Ten west is good enough to beat either Mich or Osu.

Wisconsin lost at Michigan 14-7, and Wisconsin took Ohio State to OT. I don't think either of those teams want to see the Badgers again.

Wisconsin lost at Michigan 14-7, and Wisconsin took Ohio State to OT. I don't think either of those teams want to see the Badgers again.

The problem for Wisc is they already have 2 conferences losses, so they would need to beat Neb, and hope for Neb to lose again.

The Big 10 homers (kirk and desmond) were talking up a 2 loss Wiscy getting in if they win the Big 10 championship game. And they didn't like at all the who's the best conference discussion - "of course it's the Big 10 and the SEC - not the ACC"

Should be interesting to see it all play out. Wish ESPN had someone from the ACC on College Gameday.

The problem for Wisc is they already have 2 conferences losses, so they would need to beat Neb, and hope for Neb to lose again.

Nebraska has remaining games @ Wisconsin, @ Ohio State, @ Iowa. I think they win one here, tops. Their ranking is inflated because of a front-loaded schedule.

Obviously winning at Clemson is going to be very difficult either way, but if you had to choose, would you rather they beat FSU or lose to FSU? I prefer that they win an emotionally exhausting game, and hopefully come into our game a bit lackadaisical.
I feel that it's better for us if FSU loses.

How great would it be if Clemson Clemson's against us?

I really don't think we stand a chance against either of these two teams, so I doubt it makes a difference what happens in their game.
I don't understand how this keeps being brought up. No offense to you Jason but I just don't get it.

I don't understand how this keeps being brought up. No offense to you Jason but I just don't get it.
Well your guys haven't had that type of loss in a few years now, so maybe you're over it. I really don't expect us to offer much resistance, mostly because DW will be able to do whatever he wants against our D.

Well your guys haven't had that type of loss in a few years now, so maybe you're over it. I really don't expect us to offer much resistance, mostly because DW will be able to do whatever he wants against our D.
It's cool I was just curious. I expect a hard fault game. You guys have been playing very well on offense and we saw what happened last year without an identity. I'm drinking the Babers' Kool-Aid.

Last edited:
It's cool I was just curious. I expect a hard fault game. You guys have been playing very well on offense and we saw what happened last year without an identity. I'm drinking the Babers' Kool-Aid.

We've played competitively against the Tigers for two years in a row, even thought they were competing for national championships and we were going 7-17. And Clemson hasn't been setting the world on fire this year. But maybe they are just do to have a big game vs. the 'Cuse and really show us the difference between the programs. We certainly can't afford 3 turnovers and 16 penalties and hope to be in the game, even at halftime.