Is it Time... | Syracusefan.com

Is it Time...

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
for Boeheim to retire? Always arguing with media and now being out coached more than ever. That one bad half comment is a classic...

Don't have a good feeling about hoops on the hill recently.

for Boeheim to retire? Always arguing with media and now being out coached more than ever. That one bad half comment is a classic...

Say the same thing about Bob Huggins. For chrissakes, this is a top 20 team -- just not top 10. If that's our next 20 years, sign me up.

Mike Hopkins should lead the Orange into the ACC. Boeheim is Big East all the way...

Idc if I'm berated or not I'll be honest. I really don't care if he retires or not. I would welcome something new for a change

[quote="Boeheim is Big East all the way...[/quote]
This is the sort of [expletive] that I don't understand. For all his faults, Boeheim is a winner -- and won't leave unless he's on top.

Don't think it's time for him to retire. Though he's the expert on that subject.

Do think he hasn't handled this collection of talent very well. (Or, more accurately, hasn't handled this group as well as he's handled lesser or equal groups in previous years.) And his various complaints and excuses (difficult schedule?) have been off-base and showed an uncharacteristic lack of accountability.

Idc if I'm berated or not I'll be honest. I really don't care if he retires or not. I would welcome something new for a change

very well said. Alot of people on this board just dont get that the game is passing him by... it happens. It has happened to all the great ones. He is outcoached nightly. God forbid anyone speak the truth here. Its tough to watch now. Any schlub could coach against Jimbo. Same old crap and substitution pattern game after game. The crazy talent we have had the past few years has disguised this.

The fact he didnt sit Triche today is comical. Worst game the kid has ever played. Why do we even have a bench? Very very sad game to witness. This stretch of 8 days has been very brutal.

Short answer is no he shouldn't. This group hasn't done what I think they should have done. But hell who am I other then a fan. MCW will be here next year with a new group of freshman plus the kid from Duke. We reload like always and see where it takes us. They could go far in the Big Dance and they could get bounced early. I have arrived at that after this game.

very well said. Alot of people on this board just dont get that the game is passing him by... it happens. It has happened to all the great ones. He is outcoached nightly. God forbid anyone speak the truth here. Its tough to watch now. Any schlub could coach against Jimbo. Same old crap and substitution pattern game after game. The crazy talent we have had the past few years has disguised this.

The fact he didnt sit Triche today is comical. Worst game the kid has ever played. Why do we even have a bench? Very very sad game to witness. This stretch of 8 days has been very brutal.

Passing him by? What was our record last year again? Have we attained the #1 ranking in two of the last four seasons?

Haven't we been in the top 10 the entire year this year, before this slide?

Talk about overreaction. Yeah, the game has really passed him by.

JB is a hall of fame coach. The team plays hard and plays good defense. This is not a good shooting team, and if can't shoot you will lose. The reason he plays Brandon is because Cooney has shown very little to indicate he should be playing more. Thr guy who appears to have regressed to me since Southerland's return is Grant who played well during Southerland's absence.

JB is a hall of fame coach. The team plays hard and plays good defense. This is not a good shooting team, and if can't shoot you will lose. The reason he plays Brandon is because Cooney has shown very little to indicate he should be playing more. Thr guy who appears to have regressed to me since Southerland's return is Grant who played well during Southerland's absence.
Just to play devil's advocate, if this is a poor shooting team, why is JB running an offense that relies on guys chucking up so many threes?

Just to play devil's advocate, if this is a poor shooting team, why is JB running an offense that relies on guys chucking up so many threes?

Thanks, you were more efficient with your words than I would have been.

[quote="Boeheim is Big East all the way...
This is the sort of [expletive] that I don't understand. For all his faults, Boeheim is a winner -- and won't leave unless he's on top.[/quote]

hey hey hey, there's a separate forum for the Bernie Fine related stuff.

Passing him by? What was our record last year again? Have we attained the #1 ranking in two of the last four seasons?

Haven't we been in the top 10 the entire year this year, before this slide?

Talk about overreaction. Yeah, the game has really passed him by.

I am amazed how stupid and shortsighted some people are. I mean only on this board. It really is worth the price of admission.

We just lost to the team expected to win the Big East preseason in Louisville, to Marquette a team that has now won 25 in a row at home and to Gtown, winners of 11 in a row. Disappointing to lose 3 straight but not a bad loss among them. If we had lost to Rutgers, Seton Hall and South Florida, then we'd really have something to complain about. Anyone suggesting JB ought to retire based on these past 3 games simply has no clue. I suppose JB of Michigan should retire after losing to Penn State this week. And how in the hell is Kansas keeping Self around after losing to TCU this year?! I hope for those teams fans, they don't have as many clueless fans as we seem to have when things are not going as well as we hoped.

Of course it's JBs bad coaching that made the team have to shoot 50% in the second half to get to 35% for the game. The first half an average high school team could have shot better. But , I'm sure that is JBs fault for not teaching them to shoot better.

good lord. As in recently do you mean the last 3 games? Absurd

I don't think he should be forced to resign or anything close to that, but knowing that the end is near I really could care less if he leaves. We will have to make the adjustment sooner or later, and I don't see a final four in our near future, so I'm not averse to getting started with the transition. Doesn't mean he hasn't done a great job here. Just a recognition that nothing lasts forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom