Is Lavin getting the boot at STJ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Lavin getting the boot at STJ?

The mess at St Johns continues. Who is the AD there? Seems like a real poorly administered athletic dept the past couple of decades.
But . . But . . . They're New York's Team!

Wow.

I mean...is there something more to this? St. John's may not be a Final Four caliber program anymore, but aren't they better than when he got there?
I'd say they're about the same. At least he got some decent talent, but how many times was he in the top 25?

New deal for Lavin being finalized (ESPN: Katz)

St. John's and coach Steve Lavin are finalizing an extension to keep him with the Red Storm for the foreseeable future, a source told ESPN.

Lavin has one year remaining on his current contract. The number of years on the new deal is still being discussed.
Wow. Things sure can change in less than 2 days. Maybe between then and now, he heard from Tennessee. :noidea:

Wow. Things sure can change in less than 2 days. Maybe between then and now, he heard from Tennessee. :noidea:

Or they offered him lots of $$ here...

CBH4UcFVEAAj1Vf.jpg:large

I know he had a bad first year at USF, but if you get Orlando Antigua recruiting at St. John's, that could be a thing.

Michael Kay just mentioned Pitino...

Hopefully he meant Richard the Younger.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Mark Jackson's name come up either.

I saw it was reported the Mullin is actually interest in the job. He has NBA GM expierience. That's who I'd hire.

Michael Kay just mentioned Pitino...

Hopefully he meant Richard the Younger.
People in NYC have a very unrealistic view of STJ...like it's the 60's or 1985. Pitino is not leaving Ville for STJ... it would be a major step down and that's before his $5.75M salary/bonus that they aren't matching.

Tim Cluess from Iona is a St Johns guys. He's done a good job and i am sure is interested if Mullin and Jackson weren't serious candidates.

Names to watch Larry Brown SMU, Patrick Ewing asst. NBA coach, Dan Hurley-URI, Chris Mullin.

Alsacs said:
Names to watch Larry Brown SMU, Patrick Ewing asst. NBA coach, Dan Hurley-URI, Chris Mullin.

Just read something that said Mullin isn't on the hot list.

Zach Schonbrun ‏@zschonbrun 2m2 minutes ago
According to a source, St. John's AD Monasch recommended an extension for Lavin. Overruled by president

Zach Schonbrun ‏@zschonbrun 2m2 minutes ago
According to a source, St. John's AD Monasch recommended an extension for Lavin. Overruled by president
Well, that's really interesting...

Not that a university leader would ever suggest to an AD to fire a coach ;)

Just read something that said Mullin isn't on the hot list.
I would love to Patrick Ewing coach St. John's that would be such a fun train wreck to watch. Doesn't shock me on Mullin I wouldn't hire as HC right away, but if he wanted an asst. job that is fine.

With Lavin out at St. John's ESPN better give us Lavinburger back as a broadcast crew. They were my second favorite behind McDonough,Raftery, and Bilas.

I loved Lavinburger