Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Mark Schlabach‏Verified account @Mark_Schlabach
Sources tell ESPN as many as 3 dozen Division I basketball programs could face NCAA penalties once evidence of FBI probe is public. "It's not the mid-major programs who were trying to buy players to get to the top. It's the teams that are already there."

Let's see if the NCAA has the cojones to actually do anything about it. Let's just say a silent prayer that Cuse is not involved.

Please be Gonzaga, please be Gonzaga, please be Gonzaga...

NCAA never going to drop hammer on the Dukes, UNCs or Kentuckys of the world. And especially not at the same time. Those schools make money for the ncaa. They would be shootig themselves in the foot. Not going to happen

NCAA never going to drop hammer on the Dukes, UNCs or Kentuckys of the world. And especially not at the same time. Those schools make money for the ncaa. They would be shootig themselves in the foot. Not going to happen

This is the Feds. They don’t care who goes down. Probably talking about prison for some people here.

if the fibbies make the evidence public, then the ncaa would have no choice
but, if it's a situation in which over half of the p5 schools facing serious ncaa penalties, then that might be the catalyst for the p5 to simply exit the ncaa. swallow their legal penalties, fire the coaching staffs, and begin a new organization.

FBI is not the NCAA.

The NCAA will probably say they didn't know anything about the schools involved. Or like they did earlier, infer that because they knew there were other agencies (FBI) involved, they didn't want to get in the way.

Hopefully, whatever happens, it will make the NCAA look like the irresponsible organization that they are.

Last edited:
Really. I can name about 50 schools I would like to see punished before the Zags. What's your beef?

I would love to see Nova get caught up in this payola.
Because proving that ‘darling little school’ to be cheaters, would make my goddamn day.

Screw them and the Gonzaga fan boys on here who worship them.

I have made a TON of $$$ betting against them in the tourney though.

But oh well, fluck em.

Because proving that ‘darling little school’ to be cheaters, would make my goddamn day.

But oh well, fluck em.
I have to agree with the posts above. On the list of schools I want to see smashed, the Zags don't even register. Start with Duke and Kentucky. No way they can get the best recruits every year. But they do.

Ill be crushed if Cuse is on there. I think all bend the rules and skirt things but given our record the last few years lol. I think it would be a death blow to the program..
Great point. We would look like complete dumbazzes if we paid a dime. I don't mean any disrespect to any of our current or past players as we have had many who could have played for almost any team. That said, we haven't had exactly an abundance of talent overall. I mean come on, the team that has scored 29 at half 3 times this year. 3 times. Seriously, 3 times and this season isn't over.

Beat NCtit

Some women wonder where I'm from, certain women know

But oh well, fluck em.

I hated them for years just because of Adam Morrison's face.

That's faded away over the years tho.

I don't believe Syracuse was one of the teams. Having said that, if during the last 2 final 4 appearances for the Orange in 2013 and 2016 they were the only team that wasn't named and in the final 4, could they be awarded Championships?
I'm just going to go out on a limb (I Know what you're thinking) and lay claim to those 2 titles right now. Boeheim and Syracuse now have 3 National Championships. BOOOOM!!

assuming a few will be the teams already named, here's my 36ish team wishlist, in no particular order:

Georgetown
UNC
Duke
UK
Minnesota
WhoConn
Georgetown
Indiana
Georgetown
Pedo State
Arizona
Mich State
Illinois
Auburn
Louisville
Seton Hall
USC
South Carolina
Alabama
Georgetown
OK St
Baylor
Arkansas
Kansas
Washington (pre Hop)
Florida
UCF
Houston
UCLA
Ohio State
Akron
Jimtown
Marquette
Tennessee
Butler
Dayton
Providence
Wichita State
Iowa State
Maryland

Mark Schlabach‏Verified account @Mark_Schlabach
Sources tell ESPN as many as 3 dozen Division I basketball programs could face NCAA penalties once evidence of FBI probe is public. "It's not the mid-major programs who were trying to buy players to get to the top. It's the teams that are already there."

Let's see if the NCAA has the cojones to actually do anything about it. Let's just say a silent prayer that Cuse is not involved.
Wheelhouse defense.