Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

assuming a few will be the teams already named, here's my 36ish team wishlist, in no particular order:

Georgetown
UNC
Duke
UK
Minnesota
WhoConn
Georgetown
Indiana
Georgetown
Pedo State
Arizona
Mich State
Illinois
Auburn
Louisville
Seton Hall
USC
South Carolina
Alabama
Georgetown
OK St
Baylor
Arkansas
Kansas
Washington (pre Hop)
Florida
UCF
Houston
UCLA
Ohio State
Akron
Jimtown
Marquette
Tennessee
Butler
Dayton
Providence
Wichita State
Iowa State
Maryland

Please don't forget G-town.

Syracuse was ransacked with penalties for A. Some players smoking weed ( No other SU students do this.), B. A few players getting paid a few hundred dollars for refereeing summer games run by a charity and C. 1 player from the barrios of Brazil who couldn't really read or write English that well, got help writing a paper which was about his life story and how he got to Syracuse ( No other SU students have people help or write papers for them). These schools involved in this investigation payed players to come to their teams. Question, What penalties should they get.
Don't forget, someone got an 8-mile ride back to campus (from a camp appearance). Brutal.

assuming a few will be the teams already named, here's my 36ish team wishlist, in no particular order:

Georgetown
UNC
Duke
UK
Minnesota
WhoConn
Georgetown
Indiana
Georgetown
Pedo State
Arizona
Mich State
Illinois
Auburn
Louisville
Seton Hall
USC
South Carolina
Alabama
Georgetown
OK St
Baylor
Arkansas
Kansas
Washington (pre Hop)
Florida
UCF
Houston
UCLA
Ohio State
Akron
Jimtown
Marquette
Tennessee
Butler
Dayton
Providence
Wichita State
Iowa State
Maryland

Which means it's none of those.

How about the teams we have lost to in the NCAAs in the JB era: Charlotte, Western Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Navy, Indiana, Rhode Island, Illinois, Minnesota, Richmond, Massachusetts, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Duke, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Kansas, Alabama, Vermont, Oklahoma, Butler, Marquette, Ohio State, Michigan, Dayton, North Carolina. Especially North Carolina.

Especially UNC after the way NCAA let them skate on their "course that could be taken by all students."

FBI >NCAA

Emmert judgement<Price Is Right contestant

I was wondering where the whole FBI thing had disappeared to? As many others here have already said - hope we are not involved. But I do hope the NCAA preserves their favored time slot they used on us of dropping the news on the eve of the NCAA Tournament. No idea why the NCAA would do that to their tournament but they sure enjoyed raining on our parade.

I think the most obvious is Kansas. Adidas school. Adidas schools are the most obvious but there aren't 36 schools that fit the bill.

Especially UNC after the way NCAA let them skate on their "course that could be taken by all students."

FBI >NCAA

Emmert judgement<Price Is Right contestant

"The wrong people were charged," Einhorn said. "These people are part of a situation that is much bigger than them. It's hard for me to say with a straight face that these people charged are outliers. This is what NCAA basketball is, and it's been that way for a long time."

From espn article.

I dont see any of this ending well for anyone.

NaughtyPersonalAngelfish-size_restricted.gif

Yikessss

“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” said a source who has been briefed on the details of the case. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

Whew -- looks like we have nothing to worry about. ; )

You know what? Good.

I'm tired of programs cheating indiscriminately on a grand scale, and getting away with it. Time for the cheaters to get what they deserve.

I would be careful asserting there are black and white answers here (cheaters vs non-cheaters). I don't think you, RF20444, are, but the general "you".

I think the joke that has been high level D1 basketball in terms of NCAA rules adherence is finally unraveling. I think it's just where your team lands on the scale and who was caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I love Syracuse basketball and football. But I've soured so much on college sports (especially college basketball) because the NCAA is just a joke of an institution (and the bball isn't all that great, tbh).

From the article:
So how bad could be it? In terms of NCAA rules, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that the material obtained threatens the fundamental structure and integrity of the sport, as there’s potentially as many 50 college basketball programs that could end up compromised in some way.

BTW, if we're on the list, this should be obvious, but JB has to be gone immediately. I would think with the NCAA all over us for so long that this would have already broke, however.

The only thing that would be in our favor is that the ncaa was looking into us for what 10 years? Unless that was something they "overlooked" but I feel like they wanted to make an example of us regardless of what they found and they pretty much laid the smack down on us for minor stuff so I'm sure if they found other violations they would of smacked us for them as well. But who knows the ncaa is the most crooked of everyone. Plus with us being on probation still it would take some huge cahonies on our part to be doing shady stuff like paying recruits. Things will get more interesting from the sounds of it and I can almost guarantee kentucky, duke, unc and zona are involved!

Maybe it was for the best that the NCAA was in our shorts for so many years.

I would be careful asserting there are black and white answers here (cheaters vs non-cheaters). I don't think you, RF20444, are, but the general "you".

I think the joke that has been high level D1 basketball in terms of NCAA rules adherence is finally unraveling. I think it's just where your team lands on the scale and who was caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I love Syracuse basketball and football. But I've soured so much on college sports (especially college basketball) because the NCAA is just a joke of an institution (and the bball isn't all that great, tbh).

From the article:
So how bad could be it? In terms of NCAA rules, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that the material obtained threatens the fundamental structure and integrity of the sport, as there’s potentially as many 50 college basketball programs that could end up compromised in some way.

BTW, if we're on the list, this should be obvious, but JB has to be gone immediately. I would think with the NCAA all over us for so long that this would have already broke, however.
If there are potentially 50 programs on the hook, I’d bet my left nut we’re on the list. Just my gut feeling.

The only thing that would be in our favor is that the ncaa was looking into us for what 10 years? Unless that was something they "overlooked" but I feel like they wanted to make an example of us regardless of what they found and they pretty much laid the smack down on us for minor stuff so I'm sure if they found other violations they would of smacked us for them as well. But who knows the ncaa is the most crooked of everyone. Plus with us being on probation still it would take some huge cahonies on our part to be doing shady stuff like paying recruits. Things will get more interesting from the sounds of it and I can almost guarantee kentucky, duke, unc and zona are involved!
Meaningless. Ville was on probation.

I stand by what I said. If JB is guilty of this -- and the results of the last 4 years certainly don't support that -- then we deserve what we get.
Fair enough. The wins and losses don't support it - but if it's 50 programs, you could say for 90% the wins/losses don't support it.

You are way closer to the program than I am, so you definitel yhave a better idea than I do though.

Maybe it was for the best that the NCAA was in our shorts for so many years.
That was the NCAA, this is the FBI. I don't recall during their investigation speaking to players, former recruits, etc about us. Their investigation seemed mostly institutional .