Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

BURN IT ALL DOWN ! Everyone we thought was on the take IS IN FACT on the take. Sickening. Lets start fresh

Drip drip drip.

Thamel & Forde are loving this stuff.
IMG_1434.GIF

Money corrupts. The only way to cleanse college athletics is to remove the money and while it should, I doubt that’s happening.

Money corrupts. The only way to cleanse college athletics is to remove the money and while it should, I doubt that’s happening.
That's why paying college athletes isn't necessarily the answer. If everyone was making the same, there would be no advantage for any school. Thus those schools with propensity to cheat would still cheat. The system has to get better.

Reading the latest Yahoo piece, the main angle seems to be Agent's runners promising recruits to coaches, in exchange for those coaches steering their current players heading to the draft to the agents. The email trail has some bad stuff for Indiana and Michigan State. Gotta admit, I never thought of that angle in this whole thing.

So does the NCAA bury their collective heads in the sand and say they are waiting until the conclusion of an ongoing investigation or start to act on eligibility issues immediately? It kind of destroys competitive balance when some teams proactively hold players out and others ignore the reports, doesn’t it?

So does the NCAA bury their collective heads in the sand and say they are waiting until the conclusion of an ongoing investigation or start to act on eligibility issues immediately? It kind of destroys competitive balance when some teams proactively hold players out and others ignore the reports, doesn’t it?

DWw7L1oUMAAAQx4.jpg

from their SB Nation site:

This was painful to see. All day I was so thankful we weren't in the first report, and then this drops

Obviously the question is how accurate/true this is. If true then we have to fire him, remove ayton from playing, decline any invitation to post season play, and start all over again.

Posted by Kazper on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:48 PM
Well at least we finally got some clarity
Thanks Miller for running this great program to the ground

Posted by ChrisZona13 on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:49 PM
Whoa
Suddenly the Trier drug test seems like trivial news.

Looks like Byrne jumped at the right time (for him).

Posted by Mr. Canoehead on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:50 PM
As someone who fell in love with this program thanks to Olsen's work here, its painful to see this today.

Posted by Kazper on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:53 PM
It will be a long ten years
I expect it will be 5 years of bad-ness and hopefully only 5 years to rebuild from there.

Posted by uaCabbage on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:53 PM
Turn Out The Lights
The Party’s Over

Posted by theciz on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:54 PM
Miller is too damn arrogant
His arrogance and lack of coaching skills got us here. He wanted to make a big name for himself the fast way and thought he was untouchable.
The sad part is despite getting the recruits in the worst possible way, his incompetence as a coach was still presence and kept all these teams he put together from getting anywhere. What a shame.

Posted by TXCAT1 on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:55 PM
30 for 30
In a few years, the 30 for 30 documentary on the college basketball scandal is going to be a must watch.

Posted by Mr. Canoehead on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:56 PM
Told all of you we paid recruits
And people called us Miller bashers

What a loser he is

Screw Sean Miller

Posted by Sumlin Pimp Stick on Feb 23, 2018 | 7:57 PM
what's so sad is this also exposes Miller to the terrible coach he is
Despite all his attempts to get the top players, what did he achieve Nothing much. What does that say about him as a coach, that he really sucks.
Also, for all of us we kept on wondering why his teams feel like they don’t fit, here is the answer. He is collecting players instead of building a team..

Posted by TXCAT1 on Feb 23, 2018 | 8:01 PM
So sad to see this
Would have gladly had Miller fans talk to me forever if it ended with a good ending.

Posted by UAmatt11 on Feb 23, 2018 | 8:00 PM
Well after any sanctions are done, we need to look at a mid major level coach who shows he can win with less talent
Only way we will get recruits back after this will be by winning with lesser guys

Posted by Kazper on Feb 23, 2018 | 8:00 PM
Same as Book?
Well Book got arrested and faces decades in jail for basically doing the same thing. So is that what Miller has to look forward to?

Posted by winkelman on Feb 23, 2018 | 8:00 PM

Coach K said the Carter thing is settled. BS. What do you think they were having lunch for, to cut a deal for crying out loud. K needs to step down before the game tomorrow.
That’s great. I’m assuming your joking.

That’s great. I’m assuming your joking.
If he and Duke are involved in this, which they are, then no, I'm not joking. They said HOF coaches are going down, didn't they?

NCAA is getting a deal for Ayton at only $100K for a top recruit.

Based on their main priority being ing over basketball and football players and ensuring everybody else is getting paid, I would say they are happy with the system.

There are thousands of documents and countless hours of wiretaps as evidence. Things will leak slowly, but programs will start dropping like flies

Poor, dumb Sean. He ain't never watch The Wire? It's all there...

Marlo: Man, I don't talk on no cell phones.
Spiros: Here. To call for lunch, you can talk. To call your girl, you can talk. To call your lawyer even, you can talk--the law says that is between you and the lawyer. Alright? To find out what movie is playing down the street, you can talk. All of that is good because all of that tells them... there is nothing good to hear.

Now that they have taps on Sean, what are the odds Quinerly ever plays for Nova?