Is the team finally gelling? | Syracusefan.com

Is the team finally gelling?

RF2044

Living Legend
Frank seems healthy [finally].

Sidibe and Chukwu have shaken off injuries.

Better depth.

Hughes has rounded into form.

Dolezaj -- after not getting minutes early -- has carved out an important niche.

Chukwu morphing from a subpar rebounder to inhaling them.

Battle playing more efficiently and being clutch.

Buddy finding the range.

Long way to go, but it seems like our squad is beginning to round into form. And it took longer than usual due to the injuries that limited key players early in the season. We also look to be improving defensively. If we can approach last year's stalwart defense with a little more firepower... sky is the limit in terms of this team's potential.

Better depth.

Dolezaj -- after not getting minutes early -- has carved out an important niche.

Buddy finding the range.

Long way to go, but it seems like our squad is beginning to round into form. And it took longer than usual due to the injuries that limited key players early in the season. We also look to be improving defensively. If we can approach last year's stalwart defense with a little more firepower... sky is the limit in terms of this team's potential.
And Oshae still without a role. He’s the weak link right now. No clue how he should fit in.

Everyone starting to look comfortable in their own skin. Everyone finding their role.

And the 8 man rotation feels right.

And Oshae still without a role. He’s the weak link right now. No clue how he should fit in.
C97E3273-D516-49E7-AA58-DCDD80BFC4FA.jpeg

so ... let's talk about jalen

He’ll play when needed. Same as Buddy should. I was huge Jalen supporter earlier this year but fact is Frank appears to be back and close to 100 percent. He should play when Frank is in foul trouble or there’s a massive issue with pace.

so ... let's talk about jalen

Too many turnovers and isn’t excelling in any other particular area.

Buddy is on the floor because he is a supreme knock down shooter and doesn’t hurt us in any other category.

Jalen specializes in nothing at the moment.

Buddy is on the floor because he is a supreme knock down shooter and doesn’t hurt us in any other category.

Jalen oozes potential, he just needs time. I’d like to see him sure up the handle a bit, it gets a little loosey goosey on him sometimes. At this time Buddy fills more of a role that we need. Hughes, TB, and FH are all capable of facilitating, making it tougher for Carey to get minutes. Mark my words though, there will come a time in this season where he will come up big when we need him to.

Jalen oozes potential, he just needs time. I’d like to see him sure up the handle a bit, it gets a little loosey goosey on him sometimes. At this time Buddy fills more of a role that we need. Hughes, TB, and FH are all capable of facilitating, making it tougher for Carey to get minutes. Mark my words though, there will come a time in this season where he will come up big when we need him to.

Jalen is a great talent and will be fine. Not worried about him at all. These things take time sometimes.

I’m sure some big important minutes will come to him at some point. And he will not back down from the opportunity.

This game he was not just hurting us with his poor shooting and rebounding but it seemed to me that whenever he was out there he was clogging things up for others on offense.

Better depth.

Buddy finding the range.

As I said over the weekend, this team really looks supportive of each other. I'd guess the chemistry is good right now.

And the team plays so much better when they share the ball and get it to each other with opportunities to score. Battle was great sharing the ball early when he wasn't looking to score.

I had said all along that this would be a very good team when the PG and Center position stopped being weaknesses.

Well... Frankie is himself again and PC/Marek/Sid are collectively playing very well at the 5.

Obviously Buddy and Eli hitting 3s helps too.

Better depth.

Buddy finding the range.

I agree except Sidibe

Better depth.

Buddy finding the range.

I don't want to rain on this parade, but Chukwu had 4 rebounds tonight. He was amazing against Duke, but he sat most of the first half tonight because he gave up way too many offensive boards to Miami. He was good in the second half, but he wasn't inhaling rebounds tonight. Izundu had 4 off boards himself.

I've been hard on Jalen the last few weeks, but he is a far superior defender to Buddy. I'd say that would be his specialty right now.

I don't want to rain on this parade, but Chukwu had 4 rebounds tonight. He was amazing against Duke, but he sat most of the first half tonight because he gave up way too many offensive boards to Miami. He was good in the second half, but he wasn't inhaling rebounds tonight. Izundu had 4 off boards himself.

What's he averaging the last five games, including tonight?

You're right, we gave up way too many offensive rebounds tonight.

Chukwu had a terrific game, despite not rebounding as prolifically tonight as he has the other four games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom