Is the team finally gelling? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is the team finally gelling?

What's he averaging the last five games, including tonight?

You're right, we gave up way too many offensive rebounds tonight.

Chukwu had a terrific game, despite not rebounding as prolifically tonight as he has the other four games.

Great blocks as well. I was pleased to see him get out further on the foul line shooter and block a couple after giving one up early. Good recognition.

He got away with a foul in the second half that I'm not certain many people noticed but that ended up helping. He slid in and tripped Tyus' defender, think it was Waardenburg, on that drive from the left where Tyus got the and 1 because he got pushed in the back. He got pushed because Chuk spread those big legs right in front of Waardenburg. Oh well, I'll take it.

And last five games, he's averaging just under 8. 38 rebounds in the last 5 games. But that's also because he had a DNP in one of those games.

He seems like a great kid. Earlier in the season, i noticed he never gave jb the cold shoulder when getting yelled at, which must be difficult.

Because he’s a freshman. Give him another year or two and he’ll develop the cold shoulder. Have seen other players figure it out.

Because he’s a freshman. Give him another year or two and he’ll develop the cold shoulder. Have seen other players figure it out.

Dont think he will. He will be too good.

We will be fine. Too many players playing...rotations weird...but now?

Slowly but surely.

Never felt like we were down. Miami is an odd team, they look like they could keep it close against most anyone and lose. Good talent, no teamwork. At one point they lost four ina row to Seton Hall, Rutgers, Yale and UPenn. A good confidence builder but not much of a test for us here.

And Oshae still without a role. He’s the weak link right now. No clue how he should fit in.

What I'd like to see him do more is work inside out. Work the boards and start with stick-backs and then move outside.

Frank seems healthy [finally].

Sidibe and Chukwu have shaken off injuries.

Better depth.

Hughes has rounded into form.

Dolezaj -- after not getting minutes early -- has carved out an important niche.

Chukwu morphing from a subpar rebounder to inhaling them.

Battle playing more efficiently and being clutch.

Buddy finding the range.

Long way to go, but it seems like our squad is beginning to round into form. And it took longer than usual due to the injuries that limited key players early in the season. We also look to be improving defensively. If we can approach last year's stalwart defense with a little more firepower... sky is the limit in terms of this team's potential.

This seems right. There have been previous head fakes (before Ga Tech, for example), but there was less evidence, seemed less convincing.

Three straight strong games. Cliche as it is, this was a team win. It does seems like a team identity is finally starting to form: roles getting defined, niches established, sharing of the ball, more cohesion on D.

Some will say the test comes Saturday night, but Va Tech is a tough test at home.

I'll be more interested in how we play than using W/L as the only criterion.

Photo from the game tonight. This was one of the best, most enthusiastic crowds on a weeknight I've seen in years. The atmosphere was awesome tonight. The best few minutes came after the spectacular block by Hughes. It was incredible. He really got the Dome rocking w that block. I'm excited that this team is coming together. What a difference three weeks makes.

Attachments

• image-2019-01-24.jpg
    image-2019-01-24.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 25
I don't want to rain on this parade, but Chukwu had 4 rebounds tonight. He was amazing against Duke, but he sat most of the first half tonight because he gave up way too many offensive boards to Miami. He was good in the second half, but he wasn't inhaling rebounds tonight. Izundu had 4 off boards himself.
in 21 minutes . . . that would come out to about 7 per 36. not great but not terrible

his line of 6 pts, 4 boards, 5 blocks, perfect from the field in 21 minutes is is 10/7/8 per 36. more than serviceable

in 21 minutes . . . that would come out to about 7 per 36. not great but not terrible

his line of 6 pts, 4 boards, 5 blocks, perfect from the field in 21 minutes is is 10/7/8 per 36. more than serviceable
But he wouldn't get 36 minutes because he'd have fouled out long before, correct? 3 fouls in 21 minutes is what per 36?

Jalen is playing with zero confidence right now.

We're going to need him again. Hopefully he can get his spark back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom