Is this our actual ceiling for the season? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is this our actual ceiling for the season?

Yup. Not sure I’ve ever been more disheartened after a win. Joe will have as many 2-11’s as he does 6-11’s.

If we’re really going to live and die with that, while a stud sits the bench...jeez.
Where does he fit next year as well? JG and BB will both be back. Why not rip is this bandaid off now rather then making a switch next year. If the plan isnt to eventually give keys over to Kadary then we are doing a disservice to the fanbase and team in general.

BB and JG didn’t produce last game and they still played a lot more than KR.

And Kadary was not more productive than either guy, per minute

I have to assume that Joe hits a high percentage of long range shots during practice which is why the staff lets him take those shots during games. They want him to get the confidence to take and hit those shots during games which would be huge during ACC play where driving to the rim is not an easy task.

He was 1-4 with a turnover and playing terrible defense, in the first 8 minutes.

So he should have had a shorter leash and we’re talking about Kadary getting 9 minutes instead of 6?

If this game went another 4 minutes we lose. Made 2 big shots near the end to be able to survive after another huge meltdown in the last 10 minutes. Starting to look like a trend?

It really felt like a Pitt redux after that horrible drive, and easy fast break - but Bobby B came up with a MONSTER block and we got control back after the big three that followed.

Who knows the "what if" if G'Town scores there, but things were not feeling all that pleasant. Bras' defense likely was the difference maker imo. Defense helps sometimes. Strangely.

Well, that and the fact that G'Town is a horrendous passing team, like next-level bad

And Kadary was not more productive than either guy, per minute
Do you want to actually win and compete for NCs or just grind these individual games and be medicore.
I want to win conference titles and compete for NCs.
Our starting backcourt get no competition or pushback.

This chit isn’t going to get better.

Our potential is not that high.

No. Kadary should’ve got at minimum a 6-7 minute run each half. He should never play 6 minutes for a whole game. He’s good. Give the kid some rope.

He is good. He will be a 30 minute per game guy for us at some point. Take the hot guys out of the game and we increase our chance of losing, imo.

He is good. He will be a 30 minute per game guy for us at some point. Take the hot guys out of the game and we increase our chance of losing, imo.
When?
His senior year?
When will Kadary get 30 MPG?

Do you want to actually win and compete for NCs or just grind these individual games and be medicore.
I want to win conference titles and compete for NCs.
Our starting backcourt get no competition or pushback.

This chit isn’t going to get better.

Our potential is not that high.

We don’t have the talent on this roster to compete for those things. Kadary playing more now doesn’t change that. 20 minutes most nights isn’t bad.

30+ mins a game for JG, BB and MD??? For some reason I'm not as pumped about the how this is going to play out. We won this game but it really feels like a big picture loss... Just saying..
6 mins for Kadary...6!

I hate complaining after a win, and Joe hit a big clutch shot, and Buddy played solid but 37 and 37 mins for them and 6 for KR. Matt Gutteriez did some advanced stats and it showed how KR is better than Joe. KR probably doesnt hit the shot that JG did around 1 min left but his defense might have prevented the late run from Gtown.

I truly didn’t see any way it would happen to Kadary.

He plays both ends, and is under control. Like...he’s not a “dog house” guy or a “he’s not ready” guy, or a “he’s too up and down” guy. He’s solid, at minimum.

Even when he’s “not doing anything” he’s still playing defense and taking care of the ball and running the offense fine. Guy is elite in transition and gives us another dimension and we dont even try to give him the keys and get that going?

I’m honestly stunned.
its just maddening, i said it weeks ago and am still saying it

Heres how it’ll likely go:
“KR starts getting marginalized, more spotty and uneven PT, plays inconsistent and hesitant when he does get time, is benched even when he plays well, and decides “this sucks” and wants out.
Some fan’s reaction will be: “Well, he just wasn’t ready. You gotta play the guys who give you a best chance to win”; blah blah blah Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Heres how it might go:
“KR starts getting marginalized, more spotty and uneven PT, plays inconsistent and hesitant when he does get time, is benched even when he plays well, and decides “this sucks” and wants out.
Some fan’s reaction will be: “Well, he just wasn’t ready. You gotta play the guys who give you a best chance to win”;
blah blah blah. Rinse and repeat.

was waiting for the “actually georgetown isn’t that bad“ post. Didn’t disappoint

30+ mins a game for JG, BB and MD??? For some reason I'm not as pumped about the how this is going to play out. We won this game but it really feels like a big picture loss... Just saying..
exactly! i am not impressed whatsoever withg this team!
#1 problem WE NEED A CENTER in there so badly! Gpopod teams will expose that weakness and tear us to shreds. Also i only got to see alo0t of the 2nd half but where the hell was kadary richmond at?!!!!
He is much better at the top of the zone and can get to the hoop. I understand girard had a good shooting night but what the hell, 6 minutes!! thats ridiculous! He belongs on the floor much more than that imo

kadary didnt actually do anything in his time on the court though.

JG3 had a good game. His shot selection looked better than it has (still needs to get better)...but 8 assists, 2 TOs is good.

I really like Kadary and I think he probably should've played more this game...but he's gotta produce when hes out there. hes not a threat from 3...and got blocked at least once or twice on drives...I mean this is not the game to go all...why didnt KR play?

he will contribute but this wasn't the game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom