Is Villari Cuse’s Tebow? | Syracusefan.com

Is Villari Cuse’s Tebow?

BKCuse

Starter
Of course it’s way too early to start making this type of comparison but….

Having watched every interview, Villari has blown me away with his confidence, humility, leadership, honesty and likability. I love everything about this kid.

This week’s Mob Podcast is must see.

Villari’s passion and leadership combined with his physical game gives me Tim Tebow vibes. Both big athletes who run hard, love contact and make their teammates better despite having questionable arms.

Villari says he can “throw with anyone” and he hits that LQA pass he missed “100 out of 100 times in practice”.

I think he’ll get the chance to throw downfield more v Tech so we’ll see if he can truly be The Cuse Tebow but I think we just stumbled onto a fan favorite, star player regardless of what position he lines up at.

In this style offense he just needs to be able to throw like a good HS QB. The question is what happens is if we need to throw because of the score and we cant throw out of the formations we used sat.

We can see it can be Shrader for more than a 5-10 yd play and probably not even WR screens.

Of course it’s way too early to start making this type of comparison but….

Having watched every interview, Villari has blown me away with his confidence, humility, leadership, honesty and likability. I love everything about this kid.

This week’s Mob Podcast is must see.

Villari’s passion and leadership combined with his physical game gives me Tim Tebow vibes. Both big athletes who run hard, love contact and make their teammates better despite having questionable arms.

Villari says he can “throw with anyone” and he hits that LQA pass he missed “100 out of 100 times in practice”.

I think he’ll get the chance to throw downfield more v Tech so we’ll see if he can truly be The Cuse Tebow but I think we just stumbled onto a fan favorite, star player regardless of what position he lines up at.

Tebow was a top 25 overall recruit, nationally. Top dual threat QB.

Tebow also had one of the most successful college careers of all time.

BTW, I hate Tebow.

But comparing Villari to Tebow ain't it.

Tebow was a top 25 overall recruit, nationally. Top dual threat QB.

Tebow also had one of the most successful college careers of all time.

BTW, I hate Tebow.

But comparing Villari to Tebow ain't it.
I interpreted the OP as that he's our version of Tebow. An extremely tough high-volume runner and average passer.

I interpreted the OP as that he's our version of Tebow. An extremely tough high-volume runner and average passer.
If he was an average passer don’t you think we would’ve kept him at QB? If he was an average passer I think it’s very likely he would’ve won the backup job behind GS considering what we’ve seen from CDRW since he arrived.

If he was an average passer don’t you think we would’ve kept him at QB? If he was an average passer I think it’s very likely he would’ve won the backup job behind GS considering what we’ve seen from CDRW since he arrived.
I was trying to be nice by using "average" loosely. ;)

When Villari was moved to TE, we still Lamson, yes? So Shrader, Lamson, CDRW, Villari. I have no idea where Villari fit in that pecking order except he wasn’t #1. Maybe it wasn’t that he couldn’t throw, but more that he could help us at TE or sit the bench at QB.

I hope Danny can be another Dungey, don't need no Gator hype.

When Villari was moved to TE, we still Lamson, yes? So Shrader, Lamson, CDRW, Villari. I have no idea where Villari fit in that pecking order except he wasn’t #1. Maybe it wasn’t that he couldn’t throw, but more that he could help us at TE or sit the bench at QB.

Villari transferred in from Michigan before the spring semester 2022. Dan played in the spring game in 2022. If I recall Villari led one team and Lamson led the other. Lamson played well and threw for a couple of touchdowns. If my memory serves me correctly, Villari struggled and threw a couple of interceptions.

Following that spring game, I recall the pecking order at QB appeared to be Shrader, Lamson, Morgan, Villari and MacPhail. Thus, Villari was moved to "TE" or "football player".

In one of the few practices that were held following the spring game Lamson sustained a serious injury. It was following Lamson's injury that we went to the portal and plucked Del Rio Wilson.

Villari played TE/football player all of 2022. I believe he was injured and did not participate in the spring" game in 2023. I understand his injury may have also limited his involvement in fall camp.

Villari can "throw", but "passing" and "throwing" are different. I don't think we are going to ask Villari to sit in the pocket and drop dimes after reading the defense high to low and left to right while four receivers are running routes and he's navigating a pass rush. But his ability to throw will be a welcomed addition to what we did against Pitt.

I get that, but all due respect, that's a stretch. Villari isn't a P5 average passer and we have no idea if he can be a high-volume runner. Villari is an x-factor player for us. Any expectations more than that at this point, imo only, is wishful thinking.

I like him. I want him used as an x-factor player more. But that's where the water's edge is in my mind.

Tebow stunk as a pro, but in college the dude was a beast and one of the best, if not the best, players on the field most days.

It's like saying Josh Hart is "our version" of LeBron James as an NBA fan.

I don't think Villari would even be a destitute man's Tebow...hopefully Saturday he's the best version of Villari he can be and he help contribute to an Orange victory.

You actually hate him? What did he do to you? Kick your dog?

I think most of the hatred of Tebow is entirely unjustified, and I really want to like the guy...but he insists on doing things like being a sideshow in the Mets farm system or trying to convert to TE way to late in his career which just leave me shaking my head.

Everyone is flawed, and he's a weird dude trying his best - I'd like to be able to just say he's a good guy trying his best, but the "weird dude" moments tend to overwhelm that view for me.

Villari transferred in from Michigan before the spring semester 2022. Dan played in the spring game in 2022. If I recall Villari led one team and Lamson led the other. Lamson played well and threw for a couple of touchdowns. If my memory serves me correctly, Villari struggled and threw a couple of interceptions.

Following that spring game, I recall the pecking order at QB appeared to be Shrader, Lamson, Morgan, Villari and MacPhail. Thus, Villari was moved to "TE" or "football player".

In one of the few practices that were held following the spring game Lamson sustained a serious injury. It was following Lamson's injury that we went to the portal and plucked Del Rio Wilson.

Villari played TE/football player all of 2022. I believe he was injured and did not participate in the spring" game in 2023. I understand his injury may have also limited his involvement in fall camp.

Villari can "throw", but "passing" and "throwing" are different. I don't think we are going to ask Villari to sit in the pocket and drop dimes after reading the defense high to low and left to right while four receivers are running routes and he's navigating a pass rush. But his ability to throw will be a welcomed addition to what we did against Pitt.
CDRW?

One thing is for sure, with the way he can run, he has to get a lot more touches than he did previous to last week.