Is Villari Cuse’s Tebow? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Villari Cuse’s Tebow?

It's not either/or. I have a lot of hate to let flow through me and to Meyer, Tebow, etc. You want me to get into my list of Dukees?
If your list of Most Hated Dookies does not feature Art Heyman at the top, then something is wrong with what you know or how you evaluate.

Villari is Beck's Taysom Hill.
Villari played great but Taysom Hill is a mutant.

People make comparisons to Taysom Hill without realizing how much a freak of nature he really is. I think it's because he's kind of a sideshow in the NFL. But make no mistake, Taysom Hill is an exceptional athlete anong a league full of athletes.

Villari played great but Taysom Hill is a mutant.

People make comparisons to Taysom Hill without realizing how much a freak of nature he really is. I think it's because he's kind of a sideshow in the NFL. But make no mistake, Taysom Hill is an exceptional athlete anong a league full of athletes.
no one said DV = TH. I think its a good comp, similar playstyle / role for their respective team

If your list of Most Hated Dookies does not feature Art Heyman at the top, then something is wrong with what you know or how you evaluate.

You have some serious hate in your heart. Dang.

Yeah, I mean Wojo, Laettner, Bobby Hurley - so many other names come to mind.

no one said DV = TH. I think its a good comp, similar playstyle / role for their respective team
I said they made comparisons, and it's a funny comparison.

BYU is the closest major football program to where I live. I'm uniquely acquainted with Taysom Hill.

I'm not ready to say after Villari had one game where he took some QB snaps that he's like Taysom Hill, who's made a career out of playing a swiss army knife position that literally nobody in the NFL has played in like 60 years.

Loved some Tebow. For those that don't know, he used to stop by our football facility occasionally, when with the Cuse Mets. . I remember Cooper Dawson was thrilled to meet him- seeing as he had named his Dog , Tebow... LOL..

Villari the next Tebow? Haha!!! Say what you will, but Tebow was a FANTASTIC college QB.

I was VERY impressed with Villari's running vision, and fight. If they let him throw a few? COOL. I'm more interested in seeing how hard he'll fight for yards. This, I know he can do.

Last edited:
Tebow was a top 25 overall recruit, nationally. Top dual threat QB.

Tebow also had one of the most successful college careers of all time.

BTW, I hate Tebow.

But comparing Villari to Tebow ain't it.
These comparisons are not ever literal. There is some semblance. Like Erv Phillips to Tavon Austen semblance.

Of course it’s way too early to start making this type of comparison but….

Having watched every interview, Villari has blown me away with his confidence, humility, leadership, honesty and likability. I love everything about this kid.

This week’s Mob Podcast is must see.

Villari’s passion and leadership combined with his physical game gives me Tim Tebow vibes. Both big athletes who run hard, love contact and make their teammates better despite having questionable arms.

Villari says he can “throw with anyone” and he hits that LQA pass he missed “100 out of 100 times in practice”.

I think he’ll get the chance to throw downfield more v Tech so we’ll see if he can truly be The Cuse Tebow but I think we just stumbled onto a fan favorite, star player regardless of what position he lines up at.
No, more a Taysom Hill (who rarely passes) pair him with a thrower

Of course it’s way too early to start making this type of comparison but….

Having watched every interview, Villari has blown me away with his confidence, humility, leadership, honesty and likability. I love everything about this kid.

This week’s Mob Podcast is must see.

Villari’s passion and leadership combined with his physical game gives me Tim Tebow vibes. Both big athletes who run hard, love contact and make their teammates better despite having questionable arms.

Villari says he can “throw with anyone” and he hits that LQA pass he missed “100 out of 100 times in practice”.

I think he’ll get the chance to throw downfield more v Tech so we’ll see if he can truly be The Cuse Tebow but I think we just stumbled onto a fan favorite, star player regardless of what position he lines up at.
Having just finished watching Swamp Kings, thought exactly the same thing.

Big, strong kid with shifty feet who can move...

Obviously a universe away from being mentioned in the same breath in terms of accomplishments but I definitely saw what you saw.

Dan was moved because he was a great athlete that the coaches wanted to get on the field. He was behind Shrader and Lamson. It's that simple. I think he probably can throw about as well as Shrader can when Shrader is healthy. He isn't going to beat you through the air but if we can continue to force teams to sell out against the run, he is going to get a ton of one-on-one match ups and if he can take advantage of them, we will beat GT. Same script as last game. Run the ball down their throats, play field position, win the turnover battle and leave it up to our D.

All that God Squad stuff grew tiresome. He had plenty of detractors who thought he was kind of stagey with his religion, like it was a PR campaign.
As someone who works in sports ministry, I think it's important to acknowledge no matter how kind of goofy or stagey Tebow appears at times with his faith, I have never heard of ANY behind the scenes rumblings of him living in a sketchy or contradictory life. His character & integrity when it comes to living out his faith is significant. Unfortunately it's much more rare than you'd hope in the sports world. I'm not a huge fan of him when it comes to sports, but I genuinely respect & appreciate his integrity.

P.S. I view Kirk Cousins in a very similar way

Dan was moved because he was a great athlete that the coaches wanted to get on the field. He was behind Shrader and Lamson. It's that simple. I think he probably can throw about as well as Shrader can when Shrader is healthy. He isn't going to beat you through the air but if we can continue to force teams to sell out against the run, he is going to get a ton of one-on-one match ups and if he can take advantage of them, we will beat GT. Same script as last game. Run the ball down their throats, play field position, win the turnover battle and leave it up to our D.
I'm really excited to see them run that offense again, if it's along the lines of last week. Do you think that the coaches are committed to running this style of offense going forward?

As someone who works in sports ministry, I think it's important to acknowledge no matter how kind of goofy or stagey Tebow appears at times with his faith, I have never heard of ANY behind the scenes rumblings of him living in a sketchy or contradictory life. His character & integrity when it comes to living out his faith is significant. Unfortunately it's much more rare than you'd hope in the sports world. I'm not a huge fan of him when it comes to sports, but I genuinely respect & appreciate his integrity.

P.S. I view Kirk Cousins in a very similar way

Thanks for the insight.

GT has a terrible run D, they have a good offense so our D needs to show out. They have gotten burned at times, overall have been pretty solid considering how horrible the offense has been but the D hasn’t been 2021-2022 good. I am concerned that Tech knows they have to have this game or else play the APR 5-7 bowl route game. Babers knows he has Wake in his pocket for Bowl eligibility so I hope he has kept up the fire this week that he finally showed last week

In this style offense he just needs to be able to throw like a good HS QB. The question is what happens is if we need to throw because of the score and we cant throw out of the formations we used sat.

We can see it can be Shrader for more than a 5-10 yd play and probably not even WR screens.

Tebow?

He's not even Cuse's Dungey.

Who himself wasn't even a homeless persons' Tebow.

I'm really excited to see them run that offense again, if it's along the lines of last week. Do you think that the coaches are committed to running this style of offense going forward?
If successful again against GT and WF, it would likely be a package with Vallari that we will continue to see. Makes sense. Going forward, I find it very hard to imagine it will be the base of the offense.

Run heavy works but not against all teams. I would love if we had some ability to run sweeps off these formations with pulling Oline guys.

If successful again against GT and WF, it would likely be a package with Vallari that we will continue to see. Makes sense. Going forward, I find it very hard to imagine it will be the base of the offense.
That's the that I would like Dino at least to allude to. What is the Oranges offensive identity going forward? I know when Dino was coming up in the coaching ranks he saw the direction that offenses were going and went with the fast paced spread scheme as his identity which now is kind of played out as an innovation. I have to think deep in Dino's football DNA, having been a running back himself, that he would really like to run a power ball control running game, or some derivation thereof.

Definitely need to see a handful of Villari passes to be successful moving forward. In no way does he have a strong arm but he should be able to hit some surprise passes here and there. Probably not who we want in at QB on a 3rd and 15 though. Hopefully we have added some wrinkles to give some options in calling plays. Great kid to root for.