Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

He plans to visit in August and is expecting an offer eventually. Malachi and JaQuan Newton are teammates on Team Final. Expect the staff to attend plenty of their games this month.
Jerry's got gopher "experts" doing the crystal ball thing. Who should we nominate from here?

Jerry's got gopher "experts" doing the crystal ball thing. Who should we nominate from here?
I say we find what Bjorn is up to and get him as our crystal ball rep teetrophy.jpg

Zags just tweeted that Coach Book from Arizona reached out to Whitehead and theyre going to be recruiting him harder. I could be mistaken, Francis can probably correct me, but I think he's the guy who got them Rondae Jefferson and Briscoe.

Is Hop losing his Midas touch? You almost have to wonder if during the USC chase he backed off on recruiting efforts. SU seems to be falling out of favor with a number of high targets ( Briscoe, Whitehead, Goodluck, Newton). Could just be bad luck or could there be something more behind it?

Is Hop losing his Midas touch? You almost have to wonder if during the USC chase he backed off on recruiting efforts. SU seems to be falling out of favor with a number of high targets ( Briscoe, Whitehead, Goodluck, Newton). Could just be bad luck or could there be something more behind it?
Premature anything isn't good. We have mccullough in and I am 100% certain well get some studs to play along his side. Cool out bro, cool out.

Hop is fine. He's the main recruiter for Joseph and outside of Goodluck the other names you mentioned are Red's recruits. This month will tell us a lot on who we're seriously going after and how things will play out.

Premature anything isn't good. We have mccullough in and I am 100% certain well get some studs to play along his side. Cool out bro, cool out.
Mookie's got a year left if need be.

Whenever I hear anything Minnesota...
9MpSDRK.jpg

Also for the disses towards our glorious city and region...

Believe me, if I could cut upstate off into it's own state from Binghamton up I would.

However I will not turn this into a thread about why Upstate is more glorious than (insert all and any places).

If you live in the one places in the states that is colder and gets more snow than us, that's a problem.

Greetings. As one who has long been impressed with the Syracuse basketball program and is also familiar with the great beauty of upstate New York, I'm not here to denigrate either. But I feel compelled to respond to a handful of derogatory references on this board to my alma mater including the characterization of Minnesota as the "boonies".

The University of Minnesota is located in a metropolitan area of 3.3 million people. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area is home to 18 Fortune 500 companies, and per capita income in the State of Minnesota ranks in the top ten nationally. Currently, its economy is the nation's fifth fastest growing. It's the birthplace of the shopping mall of which the Mall of America is the nation's largest. MOA, moreover, is in the process of expanding to more than twice its current size.

As I'm sure most of you known, the Twin Cities has a full complement of pro sports teams. The Twins play their home games in a beautiful new ball park located in downtown Minneapolis across from Target Center which is being significantly upgraded. It's an area of bars, restaurants, night clubs, art galleries, and boutiques. The Vikings will soon break ground on a new $1 billion domed stadium, which will also be located in downtown Minneapolis.

It's an area of great natural beauty and cultural richness. The Trust for Public Land recently ranked the Minneapolis park system as the nation's best. The system incorporates a network of 21 lakes within the city. Minneapolis was also recently ranked sixth nationally as an arts venue. See http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@clerk/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-103117.pdf The Twin Cities boasts the second largest number of live theater seats in the nation with numerous venues including the famed Guthrie Theater overlooking the banks of the Mississippi River. It is second to only New York City in per capita attendance at theater and arts events. The Minnesota Orchestra and the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra are among the nation's finest, and the Walker Art Center is among the more avant guarde galleries in the country. Two of the 4 winners of this year's National Book Awards, Louise Erdrich and William Alexander, live in Minneapolis. A third, Katherine Boo, is the daughter of a Minnesota couple. Her parents were aids to the late Senator Eugene McCarthy.

As for the University itself. it is one of the highest ranked research universities in the world. A 2012 study ranked it 29th out of the more than 1000 reviewed. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Minnesota

My understanding is that Whitehead and Newton plan a joint visit to Minnesota in September. I've always felt that if we can get out of area recruits on campus, we have a pretty good shot at getting them. Whatever you may think of "The Barn", it's a great game day experience. There are many Golden Gopher fans who would use their bodies to block the bulldozers if anyone tried to raze it. One only needs to watch a video of the Minnesota win over Indiana last year to appreciate why. In any event. I doubt that The Barn will be a serious liability in recruiting these guys.

The term "boonies" or "boondocks" implies remoteness and a lack of sophistication. From the perspective of the East Coast, Minnesota might be remote, but it's not unsophisticated. Thanks for the opportunity to respond. Best wishes for the continued success of your program as you take on the new challenge of the ACC. I hope you will be able to continue your historic rivalry with Georgetown.

Greetings. As one who has long been impressed with the Syracuse basketball program and is also familiar with the great beauty of upstate New York, I'm not here to denigrate either. But I feel compelled to respond to a handful of derogatory references on this board to my alma mater including the characterization of Minnesota as the "boonies".

The University of Minnesota is located in a metropolitan area of 3.3 million people. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area is home to 18 Fortune 500 companies, and per capita income in the State of Minnesota ranks in the top ten nationally. Currently, its economy is the nation's fifth fastest growing. It's the birthplace of the shopping mall of which the Mall of America is the nation's largest. MOA, moreover, is in the process of expanding to more than twice its current size.

As I'm sure most of you known, the Twin Cities has a full complement of pro sports teams. The Twins play their home games in a beautiful new ball park located in downtown Minneapolis across from Target Center which is being significantly upgraded. It's an area of bars, restaurants, night clubs, art galleries, and boutiques. The Vikings will soon break ground on a new $1 billion domed stadium, which will also be located in downtown Minneapolis.

It's an area of great natural beauty and cultural richness. The Trust for Public Land recently ranked the Minneapolis park system as the nation's best. The system incorporates a network of 21 lakes within the city. Minneapolis was also recently ranked sixth nationally as an arts venue. See http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@clerk/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-103117.pdf The Twin Cities boasts the second largest number of live theater seats in the nation with numerous venues including the famed Guthrie Theater overlooking the banks of the Mississippi River. It is second to only New York City in per capita attendance at theater and arts events. The Minnesota Orchestra and the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra are among the nation's finest, and the Walker Art Center is among the more avant guarde galleries in the country. Two of the 4 winners of this year's National Book Awards, Louise Erdrich and William Alexander, live in Minneapolis. A third, Katherine Boo, is the daughter of a Minnesota couple. Her parents were aids to the late Senator Eugene McCarthy.

As for the University itself. it is one of the highest ranked research universities in the world. A 2012 study ranked it 29th out of the more than 1000 reviewed. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Minnesota

My understanding is that Whitehead and Newton plan a joint visit to Minnesota in September. I've always felt that if we can get out of area recruits on campus, we have a pretty good shot at getting them. Whatever you may think of "The Barn", it's a great game day experience. There are many Golden Gopher fans who would use their bodies to block the bulldozers if anyone tried to raze it. One only needs to watch a video of the Minnesota win over Indiana last year to appreciate why. In any event. I doubt that The Barn will be a serious liability in recruiting these guys.

The term "boonies" or "boondocks" implies remoteness and a lack of sophistication. From the perspective of the East Coast, Minnesota might be remote, but it's not unsophisticated. Thanks for the opportunity to respond. Best wishes for the continued success of your program as you take on the new challenge of the ACC. I hope you will be able to continue your historic rivalry with Georgetown.

So, what your saying is Minnesota is relevant to this great Union. Sounds good. But no basketball player picks the gophers over a real basketball program. We at the apex bro... you'll always. Have krifs humphries tho, no one can take that from you. Bro

Thanks for stopping by chief. Are you guys hearing any inside info on this "package deal?

Thanks for stopping by chief. Are you guys hearing any inside info on this "package deal?

Not really. The feeling is that Richard Pitino and his staff has brought a lot of energy to recruiting and will hopefully bring in a good recruiting class. The 2014 Minnesota high school class is loaded with the likes of Tyus Jones (likely to go to Duke), Reid Travis, and Rashid Vaughn. Recently the stock of a SG, J.P Macura, who is from suburban Minneapolis, has gone way up. Thus far Minnesota has not offered leading some to speculate that Pitino feels fairly confident that he will get Whitehead and Newton. Your guess is as good as mine.

He says he wants to make his final decision before his senior season what do you think francis i think alot of this stuff lately is for publicity

There must be some kind of mistake. Everybody knows that the University of Minnesota's team is the "Screaming Eagles"! And this whole "Richard Pitino" thing... we all know who the real coach is.
Coach.jpg

He says he wants to make his final decision before his senior season what do you think francis i think alot of this stuff lately is for publicity
That would make him the first Lincoln kid to ever decide that early and not turn his recruitment into a three ring circus.

I think he'll decide in the fall but this kid is very unpredictable so who knows when he'll decide and where he ends up at. Sometimes I feel like we're getting stringed along to only get played the fool in the end. Hopefully I'm wrong.

We have a few things in our favor. I fully expected that no show at the BE tourney last year to be a bad sign,but it seems we haven't cooled one bit. We ain't going to fold up shop because some baby face coach is hot on his trail.

I think he'll decide in the fall but this kid is very unpredictable so who knows when he'll decide and where he ends up at. Sometimes I feel like we're getting stringed along to only get played the fool in the end.

Naw...no chance of that happening!
images