Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

Jerry also told someone on Twitter that Syracuse wasn't in Kaleb Joseph's top 5 a couple of days ago. Now magically Syracuse is the top school and he's "Crystal Balled" Syracuse. Adam Finklestein at ESPN did his job for him:

Adam Finkelstein@FinkelsteinNERR
25m
@jerrymeyer247 Syracuse been pursuing Kaleb Joseph harder than Newton, but Whitehead been obvious priority for a long time

If Whitehead does commit elsewhere, which players are next in line? How do we look with Vaughn?

From what I've read the next two guys in line are Phil Booth and Dorian Pickens.

Jerry also told someone on Twitter that Syracuse wasn't in Kaleb Joseph's top 5 a couple of days ago. Now magically Syracuse is the top school and he's "Crystal Balled" Syracuse. Adam Finklestein at ESPN did his job for him:

Adam Finkelstein@FinkelsteinNERR
25m
@jerrymeyer247 Syracuse been pursuing Kaleb Joseph harder than Newton, but Whitehead been obvious priority for a long time
Jerrys that idiotic friend you have that you always have to correct in public. They have no shame and are incapable of learning from repeated mistakes.

If Whitehead does commit elsewhere, which players are next in line? How do we look with Vaughn?

From what I've read the next two guys in line are Phil Booth and Dorian Pickens.
Vauggn is unc or uk.

Whitehead never shows any enthusiasm toward Cuse in his comments which is worrisome. You would think with Ville out SU would be the logical choice but I've been concerned about the vibe for a while. If he moves to schedule visits at new to the party schools it will say a lot. I also sense that Joseph has cooled. Once his dream school, I think his advisers are steering him away due to the likelihood of his playing a backup role to Ennis for a couple years.

Whitehead never shows any enthusiasm toward Cuse in his comments which is worrisome. You would think with Ville out SU would be the logical choice but I've been concerned about the vibe for a while. If he moves to schedule visits at new to the party schools it will say a lot. I also sense that Joseph has cooled. Once his dream school, I think his advisers are steering him away due to the likelihood of his playing a backup role to Ennis for a couple years.
I wouldn't consider Ennis as the automatic yop gun ifWhitehead cam.Considering the amount of time they could both be on the court simultaneously,the total minutes wouldn't be that far apartand then there is the rest and foul factor to consider as well.:crazy:

I've never seen any form of enthusiasm out of him. Ever.

Jerry should just stick with his beloved BBN.
Exactly. Jerry only seems to know BBN recruits and everybody else is just an afterthought. Wouldn't surprise me if he trolled message boards and other folks twitter for info of non-UK targets. The Kaleb Joseph stuff with him is just comical.

Vaughn's recruitment is a circus. UNC was strong early in the spring and then it switched to UK. Now it seems to be anybody's guess where he and his team is leaning. I will say that we were in a better spot with him last summer, so who knows if we could get back into the picture because he did still list us at the Pangos Camp. Booth is an interesting name but the staff hasn't shown much interest since last spring and Red is strongly connected with his Team Takeover program. Pickens is a high academic kid who would be a good 4 year program player, but he would be a huge drop off from Whitehead and he still doesn't have an offer. I think Jared Terrell would be a more better option than Pickens and has more upside than Booth.

Lack of enthusiasm may be a good thing. We always seem to get screwed when someone says that Cuse is their "dream school".
Unfortunately, he has said that before.

He must be a bad poker player, cause I'm calling his hand right now.
Pair of Aces wins.
We might get both Whitehead and Joseph.

Any info or rationale behind that? That would be unbelievable

Any info or rationale behind that? That would be unbelievable
A few reasons:
  • Some information
  • Some hope :)
  • Whitehead is a combo guard. In fact, the same might hold true of Kaleb down the road time. Two guys that can score and handle the ball. They can both see playing time and most of our experienced guards will be playing the 2 or 3. Even as freshmen, both might log minutes on what would be a stacked team whether we lose Grant or anyone else.

Another fact to look at is that neither Whitehead and Newton has visited Minnesota to make any quick decision there. Whitehead has obviously been to SU already, but Newton hasn't and he has been strongly connected to Nova recently. Next weekend starts the July live period frenzy where lots of movement happens. Kids talk package deals all the time and it hardly ever happens. Not saying it couldn't happen here for either SU or Minne, but it's too early for anybody to just assume where they'll end up as Meyer has done.

Another fact to look at is that neither Whitehead and Newton has visited Minnesota to make any quick decision there. Whitehead has obviously been to SU already, but Newton hasn't and he has been strongly connected to Nova recently. Next weekend starts the July live period frenzy where lots of movement happens. Kids talk package deals all the time and it hardly ever happens. Not saying it couldn't happen here for either SU or Minne, but it's too early for anybody to just assume where they'll end up as Meyer has done.
I don't think Jer Bear even realizes that IW is friends with McCullough who also had talked of a package deal. Or that Newton is from Neumann Gouretti who has sent 3 players to Cuse over the years. Lol Freaking Minneaota.

I don't think Jer Bear even realizes that IW is friends with McCullough who also had talked of a package deal. Or that Newton is from Neumann Gouretti who has sent 3 players to Cuse over the years. Lol Freaking Minneaota.
When they decide to visit Minne together then I'll get nervous. Till then.....
Doggy chillin.jpg

Louisville just landed a commitment from another guard name Jaquan Lyle. Now Isaiah, you can either continue to keep on begging for that UK offer or just say that and hop on the Cuse train:).
He has already committed to Syracuse... he just doesn't know it yet.

Great...first Tom Crean encroaching on East Coast prospects at Indiana, now another Pitino who will most likely bring big time east coast talent to Minnesota.