Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

This recruitment smells alot like Stephenson's a few years ago. A talented "get-mine" G who ends up at Cincy. Nothing against the Bearcats but Cronin wasn't doing anything in those days- and yet Lance Stephenson didn't go to StJ, SU, UConn, heck, even Rutgers? Instead he goes to some mid-West school...as the best player on the East Coast?
Hmmmmm...:crazy:

Was with the sponsor's scouts from Eite today and their collective observations:

Whitehead is winning people back. As a FR, he was a top three kid who has since fallen. Really working hard and his demeanor excellent. And he played 30 mins in an All-Star game...he was teed up with support.

McCullough. Talented, but "definitely" one of those guys who will need Boeheim to get all over him to have a shot at success.

Was with the sponsor's scouts from Eite today and their collective observations:

Whitehead is winning people back. As a FR, he was a top three kid who has since fallen. Really working hard and his demeanor excellent. And he played 30 mins in an All-Star game...he was teed up with support.

McCullough. Talented, but "definitely" one of those guys who will need Boeheim to get all over him to have a shot at success.

gahdammit

This recruitment smells alot like Stephenson's a few years ago. A talented "get-mine" G who ends up at Cincy. Nothing against the Bearcats but Cronin wasn't doing anything in those days- and yet Lance Stephenson didn't go to StJ, SU, UConn, heck, even Rutgers? Instead he goes to some mid-West school...as the best player on the East Coast?
Hmmmmm...:crazy:
Stephenson's recruitment was interesting indeed. His old man was pretty much on the same level as Torrell Harris. Coached Lance's AAU team and would be seen talking to people on his Bluetooth during the games while coaching lol. They actually settled in on Kansas and was prepared to commit after the Burger game. Moneybags Cal leaves Memphis for UK and things started to shake up. Xavier Henry was heading to Memphis but when things opened back up Kansas ditched Stephenson and took Henry, who they had originally preferred over Stephenson. Stephenson's dad made calls to a bunch of programs including some of those that you mentioned, but everybody said no thanks not wanting to deal with the drama that Team Stephenson would bring. They had no interest at all in St. John's, so they ended up settling with Cincy.

Don't disagree with that at all.

McCullough was disappointing at Elite 24 game. He has as much ability as anyone there but didn't aggressively seek the ball and was content to pretty much stand around and let others score. Not assertive at all. I expect great things from him and JB will have to pull it out of him.

Whitehead just tweeted he finished his Indiana visit. Doesn't appear to have made a commitment. Does anyone know if he is attending the Elite Camp? Francis, Jake, are we totally out of this race?

Honestly I think its as simple as a numbers game. We're in a good position with several top shelf 2015 recruits and after we got the guard we NEEDED IW became a luxury JB wasn't willing to spend a scholly on that he wanted to offer to Jones/Bryant/Richardson/Briscoe/Diallo/Diagne etc..
You don't pass on IW because of a numbers game IMHO. You pass on an academic or baggage issue only. This kid is too good to pass for any other reason. Every team NEEDS IW the player

McCullough was disappointing at Elite 24 game. He has as much ability as anyone there but didn't aggressively seek the ball and was content to pretty much stand around and let others score. Not assertive at all. I expect great things from him and JB will have to pull it out of him.
Definitely passive. But I wonder if its just the style of game. I can't quite place who he reminds me of. Maybe lamarcus Aldridge?

Whitehead just tweeted he finished his Indiana visit. Doesn't appear to have made a commitment. Does anyone know if he is attending the Elite Camp? Francis, Jake, are we totally out of this race?

Someone said he was coming...don't know if he still is though now since report that he dropped us or we dropped him???? I think if he comes, that would put us in a good spot.

That's exactly what I've meant when I said he reminded me of Charles Smith of Pitt/NY Knicks - a bit soft, could use a better motor, but crazy skills, smooth and effortless athlete, and their frames are about identical.

To me we are two deep they both guard positions next year with BJ and TC at the two guard and Joseph and Ennis at the point guard. Plus you have Mike G.
Why bring in a 1 and done who will be worried about getting to the Association? Not needed when you only have about 20 minutes a game with the ball in your hands.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

2015 probably won't matter for any team that takes IW. He is more than likely a one and done. It is a rare and difficult feat to get such a gifted offensive player. Because of that, unless you know he won't be cleared to play, you take him, no matter what.

@NYPost_Brazille: I was told Isaiah Whitehead's trip to Indiana went very well and Hoosiers are a legit option now. He met Victor Oladipo during visit. #iubb

@NYPost_Brazille: I was told Isaiah Whitehead's trip to Indiana went very well and Hoosiers are a legit option now. He met Victor Oladipo during visit. #iubb

Always love seeing you're the last one who posted because it means something just got dropped on twitter.

Brazille is a joke. Wasn't he saying back at the Big Strick that he was hearing Whitehead's camp had serious interest with the IU offer, but now he really means it because the visit went well. Does that mean he was just guessing before? He's just mad we've turned SJU into an afterthought in their own city.

Always love seeing you're the last one who posted because it means something just got dropped on twitter.

Brazille is a joke. Wasn't he saying back at the Big Strick that he was hearing Whitehead's camp had serious interest with the IU offer, but now he really means it because the visit went well. Does that mean he was just guessing before? He's just mad we've turned SJU into an afterthought in their own city.

Wait until Crean hears the asking price from IW's handlers.

Wait until Crean hears the asking price from IW's handlers.
He'll have to sell his and his teams sweet 16 rings just for a sit down. #marquetteisbetterwithoutyou

Helllll...Give him a call see if he's around. Maybe Melo too...???
I doubt any of that would impress him. The kid has a range of emotions that can only be compared to thoset of actress kristen stewart. I'm not a dr but he could have aspergers.

I doubt any of that would impress him. The kid has a range of emotions that can only be compared to thoset of actress kristen stewart. I'm not a dr but he could have aspergers.

I think hearing from Dion would be good for him, the trouble Dion had during his freshman season would be good for Whitehead to learn from.

And then you always got to try and one up IU...;)