Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

Whitehead really drilling outside shots. That's a shooting guard.

So we are 100% clear, Isaiah Whitehead is the VERY BEST player in this game. It's not even close and we should do what we can to get him.

Whitehead 26 points, 4-8 from 3. Several acrobatic driving layups through traffic. This guy is an offensive force. Put him out there with Ennis, CJ, and Grant...oh my!

Whitehead is going to be MVP at Elite 24. Every previous MVP has gone on to be an NBA lottery pick.

Finally convinced it REALLY is officially done and we have cut off recruitment of Whitehead. During the broadcast he mentioned IU, Minn, UCLA are still recruiting him hard. I really really REALLY hope that '15 class is going to be HUGE.

So we are 100% clear, Isaiah Whitehead is the VERY BEST player in this game. It's not even close and we should do what we can to get him.
JB must have felt like he was getting jerked around or something

Not sure if it's a potential playing time issue, or he wanted Cuse to pick Ja'Quann over Kaleb. But whatever it is, I hope it gets rectified because he gets the minutes over any 2 guard that is currently on the roster.

Mcullough looks like he's 8 feet tall
Chris-McCoullough_8138.jpg

Chris McCullough at 2013 Under Armour Elite 24 Game

Wow. I liked his game. I don't like the games. Oh well.

// this function returns a scholarship
public bool GetScholarship(bool recruitingGames, bool drama, ref midMajor)
{
bool scholly = true;​
if (recruitingGames || drama)​
{​
scholly = false;​
midMajor = true;​
}​
return scholly;​
}

Drama is boolean? I think you need another if statement: "if lincolnHigh {float drama}"

With absolutely no information other than what I've read on this board, here's my unfounded speculation: it seems pretty clear that our staff decided to cut ties with him after we got Joseph. Given that Whitehead looks to be one of the most talented players left and doesn't even play the same position as Joseph, that decision can't be based on his ability to contribute on the court. The fact that IW and his team still act like we're in the mix could just be damage control - they probably think it's in their best interest to make it seem like there's lots of competition for his services. But apparently there isn't. Maybe they overplayed their hand - here's a super-talented Brooklyn kid, possible lottery pick, whose choices seem to come down to two Big 10 ten schools or the west coast. Strange, no?

With absolutely no information other than what I've read on this board, here's my unfounded speculation: it seems pretty clear that our staff decided to cut ties with him after we got Joseph. Given that Whitehead looks to be one of the most talented players left and doesn't even play the same position as Joseph, that decision can't be based on his ability to contribute on the court. The fact that IW and his team still act like we're in the mix could just be damage control - they probably think it's in their best interest to make it seem like there's lots of competition for his services. But apparently there isn't. Maybe they overplayed their hand - here's a super-talented Brooklyn kid, possible lottery pick, whose choices seem to come down to two Big 10 ten schools or the west coast. Strange, no?
Definitely possible. The fact that not every team in the country isn't vying for his services raises some flags. Because this dude is offensively better than anyone else in high school. Dude is righteous on the offensive side of the ball.

When interviewed at the Elite 24 about his recruitment IW did not mention Cuse. He listed only IU, Minny, and UCLA. Something strange obviously went down in his recruitment. I can't believe that JB invested all that time and effort only to back away after getting KJ. I think the intent was to take both. But something happened to change that. It's strange as you point out that the only eastern schools interested in him were SU and St. Johns.

Was there some sort of red flag that popped up? Is Whitehead a potential APR hit, or does he have slim chances of getting cleared by the NCAA?

I too think it's weird that he has no Eastern schools in his final list.

Honestly I think its as simple as a numbers game. We're in a good position with several top shelf 2015 recruits and after we got the guard we NEEDED IW became a luxury JB wasn't willing to spend a scholly on that he wanted to offer to Jones/Bryant/Richardson/Briscoe/Diallo/Diagne etc..