It’s Portal time! | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Did you see Ithaca's later post suggesting off the court behaviors as reasons for moving on from Devo and P Harris.

Only Devo. He had a couple run ins with other students, and the student judicial board, or whatever they are called, can be pretty anti-athlete. Eric was on the verge of being kicked out of school at any time, for even the most minor offense. That's my recollection anyway, and I hope he doesn't object to me saying this, because we all talked about it on the board at the time.

I really like Paul, met him with my family once, and he was a great guy, real gentleman, well spoken, and oh my gosh, a body like a body builder. That man was made of brick. But there were the issues with him going home to Niagara Falls and going missing from time to time, and the fact that Wes was just such a talent.

But I didn't say anything about Paul being in any sort of University trouble or being a bad apple. That's incorrect. And for the record, Eric is obviously not a bad apple, either; just a fiery personality, and who doesn't make a mistake or two when you're young?

And for the record, Eric is obviously not a bad apple, either; just a fiery personality, and who doesn't make a mistake or two when you're young?

*blinks*
not to litigate the past and obviously he is doing great things with his life right now and is making amends for his past

But no I didn’t make the alleged mistake he did.

Cole, Gaffney and their two highly rate guards coming in must feel good about that. Also with Polley staying I can easily see Jackson barely getting meaningful minutes
One of the things that Hurley does well is spreading the minutes amongst his team last year 9 players played at least 16 minutes per game (10 players averaged at least 10 minutes.) If Watts does come here it is likely that Gaffney will have to fight for minutes. I actually think that AJ will play a fair amount of point forward next year. His handle has really improved and his passing is easily the best on the team and makes up for his horrendous shooting. I think the real minutes crunch will be at the 4. Akok will be back at full strength, Whaley is returning, Samson Johnson is a longer version of Akok and then you have Richie springs. I could see some issues there.

One of the things that Hurley does well is spreading the minutes amongst his team last year 9 players played at least 16 minutes per game (10 players averaged at least 10 minutes.) If Watts does come here it is likely that Gaffney will have to fight for minutes. I actually think that AJ will play a fair amount of point forward next year. His handle has really improved and his passing is easily the best on the team and makes up for his horrendous shooting. I think the real minutes crunch will be at the 4. Akok will be back at full strength, Whaley is returning, Samson Johnson is a longer version of Akok and then you have Richie springs. I could see some issues there.

yea u guys have a lot of talent but could see a lot growing pains figuring out the rotation

yea u guys have a lot of talent but could see a lot growing pains figuring out the rotation
Spot on. That’s my biggest fear. Hurley is good at a lot and usually gets things to click but it can take him awhile to get there. He seems stubborn at times.

That works at URI with 2 star kids. But with the level Hurley is recruiting at eventually it’ll be tough to ask top 75 kids to play 16mpg

That works at URI with 2 star kids. But with the level Hurley is recruiting at eventually it’ll be tough to ask top 75 kids to play 16mpg
Yeah I tend to agree that it is a possibility but so far he’s had guys buy in. Even this off-season no underclassmen left. The next season will be litmus test whether this approach works at this level. Feel free to dunk on me this time next year if everything starts crumbling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom