It may be Time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It may be Time

My complaints are not because of the loses. It’s Dino’s stubbornness not to call plays that go to Rex strengths or give the freshman an opportunity in a lost season. It sucks knowing we probably won’t win another game this season but at least we can develop the young qbs and wr for the future.
He is a lil stubborn I’ll give u that

He’s not going anywhere for at least one more year And that will still cost the university a ton of money
Regardless of how many times people post about it
No way to stop the posts, but it’s a waste of time. The SU freshmen team is playing hard. Saw a lot of promising things happen from the young guys.

We overachieved in 2018 by a game or so. We underachieved in 2019 by a game or so. I will not judge HCDB on anything this year other than getting through the season. There are bigger things right now than wins and losses. Next year, there will be more scrutiny.

No way to stop the posts, but it’s a waste of time. The SU freshmen team is playing hard. Saw a lot of promising things happen from the young guys.

agreed and I get it, it’s frustrating as hell but I guess I’m just kind of use to it at this point. not much you can do but hope for better next year

Crazy thing is we were a Sean Riley dropped td away from that being a completely different game.

That team was clearly better than it’s record.
Not according to Bill Parcells. Btw there is a great video of Mike Leach disabusing his WSU team of the value of “moral victories” (be prepared for more than a little profanity).

The LSU/Ogeron comparison is a good reminder of how it can turn on a dime.

Is it? Ed O is not a good coach of football. Dino is clearly a better football coach. Ed O has always been a great recruiter. Losing all that talent is part of his issue but IMO the bigger loss was his DC. His talent loss should take him from National Champ to a 9-4 type of team not a 4-9. Dino's issue being deficient in talent due to poor recruiting, not a sudden loss of elite talent.

He’s not going anywhere for at least one more year And that will still cost the university a ton of money
Regardless of how many times people post about it

He's got 2 more years. Get used to it. He has to win 4 next year, and make a bowl the year after.

He's got 2 more years. Get used to it. He has to win 4 next year, and make a bowl the year after.
So you think if he finishes 1-10 this year and goes 4-8 in year 6 he keeps his job for year 7?

I’m sorry, comparing Ed O situation at LSU and what is happening at Syracuse with Dino is not even close to the same. Eddy O went
9-4
10-3
national title and now this season,
the guy lost about as much talent as you could possibly lose from one season to the next and he is getting beat by damn good football teams. Dino has had one good season with players he didn’t recruit and this year we are getting blown out by Liberty and Wake Forest. Also ED O was the intern coach at USC and had those kids playing their butts off and finished with a damn good season. Maybe I’m in the minority but when Eddy O openly said he would have been interested in coming to Syracuse, it appears that should have been the hire we made.

Not to take this totally off-topic, but since we are speaking of Eddy O he is doing ok these days. Won a National Title, got Divorced, Dating a girl who looks like she is a Freshmen who is putting pics of them together in bed and in a pool online

Not to take this totally off-topic, but since we are speaking of Eddy O he is doing ok these days. Won a National Title, got Divorced, Dating a girl who looks like she is a Freshmen who is putting pics of them together in bed and in a pool online
Good for coach O glad hes getting his bean snapped. Somethings never change. Also loved the interview with his Mom. Classic Cajun Tiger King worthy. I wonder if LSU football is about to get dragged down with the Bball issues.

ed owes his life to Paul Pasqualoni. Guy was toxic after a few run ins w the law.Paul gave him a lifeline.

I’m sorry, comparing Ed O situation at LSU and what is happening at Syracuse with Dino is not even close to the same. Eddy O went
9-4
10-3
the guy lost about as much talent as you could possibly lose from one season to the next and he is getting beat by damn good football teams. Dino has had one good season with players he didn’t recruit and this year we are getting blown out by Liberty and Wake Forest. Also ED O was the intern coach at USC and had those kids playing their butts off and finished with a damn good season. Maybe I’m in the minority but when Eddy O openly said he would have been interested in coming to Syracuse, it appears that should have been the hire we made.

The simple point was, even Eddy O, someone regarded as a great coach or recruiter (take your pick) can have his program’s success fall off the cliff when his first string bolts or gets injured. It isn’t necessarily “the coach.” My concern...we seem to be having this same conversation every year. But that’s what you get when you are forced to recruit under the radar kids who need an extra year to develop. That is the state of our program. We don’t have 4/5 star kids waiting to play.

As a bills fan, I’ll admit the greatest football coach in my life is Belicheck. His biggest strength is his ability to change his strategy to match his team and opponents, year after year, game after game. My biggest complaint is that Babers is the opposite... one trick pony, at least on offense. Which is interesting because Babers seems to let the DC do his thing while Babers focuses on offense.

I think Babers is a good guy and seems to be doing a bit better recruiting-wise. I stand by what I’ve always said... if he can’t fix it then turn the lights off, this is done. But it would be helpful if Babers demonstrated some capacity to game plan for the opponent and make an adjustment or two to his offense each year.

9-4
10-3

“With players he didn’t recruit”...I tune out as soon as someone says this.

Lets me know they have a major agenda.

9-4
10-3

missisppi state and Missouri are “ damn good football teams” ?

He isn't going anywhere but you will have an empty Dome next year (assuming fans can go to games) and SU is at the bottom of football relevance out of all of the Power 5 Schools. That won't change until he is gone at this point I hate to say.

-He can't recruit a QB
-He can't and isn't turning this around
-This notion that next year is "make or break" and he needs to have 6 or 7 wins...folks he isn't getting 6 or 7 wins next year. This roster is a mess.

I understand the financial aspect of this so he is here, we all accept that. I get it. But the reality is SU football is dead as long as he is the captain of the ship. This is going to be a 1 win season and that is a hole so deep he won't be able to climb out of. It's not a matter of IF he gets fired, it's when (and we know it won't be this year.) The question now is do you pull the plug after 2021 or after 2022. The longer he drives this program into the ground the harder it will be for the next guy to turn it around. And the less of an attractive job it becomes for the group of candidates you will be interviewing in a year or two.
1604233431105.png

3 years ago, you wanted to be his fluffer...

So...were you clueless then? Clueless now? Or has your "expert" football opinion "evolved"?

Curious board denizens would like to know...

And to be clear, he is far from the only poster who wanted to lock him up for life 3 years ago and now wants to fire him...

Four wins next year against that schedule is an awful season. If he only wins 4 next year it is obvious we need to move on. The longer you wait the bigger the hole for the next guy.

View attachment 190318
3 years ago, you wanted to be his fluffer...

So...were you clueless then? Clueless now? Or has your "expert" football opinion "evolved"?

Curious board denizens would like to know...

And to be clear, he is far from the only poster who wanted to lock him up for life 3 years ago and now wants to fire him...

LMAO.

freshmen? Yeah, freshman’s mother.

Problem being, football is a game of attrition.

He isn’t recruiting well enough (or developing well enough) to even put an average starting offense out there, let alone withstand injuries that will occur over the course of a year.
No coach in our history has recruited well enough to overcome 25 injuries, that's where we are this year.

Clemson recruits better than all but maybe 3 teams in the country and they lost one guy, yes the starting QB, and almost lost to BC.

We Lost our starting QB AND another 23-24 players.

Let that sink in, this discussion and thread are ridiculous.

If Dino is let go under those circumstances, then Wildhack needs to be fired too for being shortsighted and stupid.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom