It's real hard to beat someone thrice in a season | Syracusefan.com

It's real hard to beat someone thrice in a season

Has it ever happened to JB? The last team that I can recall having that shot was Georgetown in our final Big East season ... and we beat them in the BET.

But darn near impossible to lose thrice to two different teams in a season.

Has this ever happened?

When I saw this thread title, Pitt jumped into my mind. But with the twice in 1 season thing, you have given me added hope!!

When I saw this thread title, Pitt jumped into my mind. But with the twice in 1 season thing, you have given me added hope!!
I think the fact that it isn't thug style Pitt were playing Should also give you added hope. The biggest reason we usually lose multiple times to a team is Because we have absolutely no offense. UNC hasn't been able to shut our offense down like Pitt does every single game. We have a punchers chance in this game just like the other two this season.. That's all that matters.

Another reason why I like our chances is because how well we have been playing late in games. That was usually our biggest Achilles heel this season. The last 5 minutes. Also the added fact that were playing with house money. And Roy Williams &Co are the big 9 pt favorite.

The OP question is, I think, have we ever lost three times to two different teams in a season. It would happen if we lose to UNC on Saturday. I can't remember a time, but the board historians will know.

I don't think any team has lost 2 teams 3 times in one year.

Maryland 2001 was the closest I could find
1-3 vs. Duke and 0-2 vs. UNC

Providence 1987
went 2-2 vs. Georgetown and 0-3 vs. Syracuse

Wisconsin in 2000 lost to Michigan State 4 times in one year. 2 twice in the regular season, Big Ten tournament, and Final Four.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom