It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

The news today that most impacts next year's title contenders is Pau somehow opting out of his $16MM.

Everything else is moving deck chairs on the titanic.

CLE, GSW and SAS for another year.
He is going to sign a multi year deal at a lower salary to help SA go after CP3.

He will get more total money than the one year 16.5 million he declined.

Hawks trade Dwight Howard to Hornets for Miles Plumlee and Marco Belinelli.

Hawks trade Dwight Howard to Hornets for Miles Plumlee and Marco Belinelli.

Hornets also get the 31st pick for the 41st pick.

I'm so confused by this. It's not even really a salary dump...Plumlee is signed long-term lol. Atlanta legitimately just felt like trading a good player and a good pick for two bad players and a worse pick.

The news today that most impacts next year's title contenders is Pau somehow opting out of his $16MM.

Everything else is moving deck chairs on the titanic.

CLE, GSW and SAS for another year.

Pau opting out at least was one call I got right. Though it sounds like they will sign a longer term deal

DC0pE4zW0AAznt7

“I was talking to one of our players the other day, a free agent, and we were looking at our options,” one agent said. “And it used to be, ‘Yeah, get me to New York.’ Even when they were struggling, there are guys who want to be in the city. But he was saying, ‘no, no, not that environment, not now.’ They’re not just alienating their own players, they’re alienating all players. They’re making things hard on themselves there.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-knicks-news-kristaps-porzingis-carmelo-anthony-contract-phil-jackson/nufpy2n7ssxw1jsj260rvtyy1

“I was talking to one of our players the other day, a free agent, and we were looking at our options,” one agent said. “And it used to be, ‘Yeah, get me to New York.’ Even when they were struggling, there are guys who want to be in the city. But he was saying, ‘no, no, not that environment, not now.’ They’re not just alienating their own players, they’re alienating all players. They’re making things hard on themselves there.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-knicks-news-kristaps-porzingis-carmelo-anthony-contract-phil-jackson/nufpy2n7ssxw1jsj260rvtyy1
Phil Jackson got rings tho

Lakers tried to trade the 2nd pick to the Kings for the 5th and 10th picks.

Kings said no for now.
Magic would have used the 5th pick on De'Aaron Fox and traded the 10th pick with the 27th, 28th picks for Paul George.

Kings said no for now.
Magic would have used the 5th pick on De'Aaron Fox and traded the 10th pick with the 27th, 28th picks for Paul George.

I would be thrilled with that. Hopefully the Kings change their mind, because...they're the Kings. Always hope on that front.

Magic definitely isn't done here. I have faith that he'll make the right moves and get guys to want to play for the Lakers again. He's a winner.

Kings said no for now.
If I'm the Pacers, I'd want that 5th pick and let the Lakers keep 10.

Holy chit balls Ainge is going to steal the unicorn for the 3rd pick, players on the team and maybe another pick.

Porzingis would go first in this draft by miles.

Philip Jackson has some hubris.
I'm convinced he's working undercover for another team.

There's no way this guy installs The Triangle, hires Jeff Hornacek, signs Joakim Noah, trolls the team's star all year and then threatens to trade NYC's favorite player and truly be for the Knicks. No. Way.