It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

What are your thoughts on a possible Melo/Love trade? It's being denied but multiple outlets say Lebron is pushing for it.

My thoughts, aside from incredulousness, are...

00-edvard-munch-the-scream-1893.jpg

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on a possible Melo/Love trade? It's being denied but multiple outlets say Lebron is pushing for it.

I realize LeBron and Carmelo supposedly are tight, but I can't imagine why LBJ would want Carmelo, particularly for Love, who put up 39, including six threes, and had 12 rebounds tonight. Love's 4 years younger, Carmelo seems to be slowing down and breaking down. Love's a legitimate all-star, has become a key part of the Cavs big three.

I wish Carmelo well, but I hope this is nothing but more "dishonest reporting."

Isola, btw, has had Love being traded for three years.

Last edited:
Nasty.

Great game, excellent road win for the Cavs against a hot team on, what, a 9-game win streak.

What we just watched, ladies and germs, is why it's being increasingly difficult for me to watch college hoops. I was talking to a friend yesterday who's a 'Cuse season ticketholder, he considers himself a highly knowledgeable basketball person, breaks it down like a coach, but he talks as if the NBA doesn't exist. He's missing on a some incredible basketball.

BTW, as a player and a human being, big fan of Grant Hill. But he should not doing color. Horrible.
That was Washington's first home loss since I moved here...over two months ago.

I realize LeBron and Carmelo supposedly are tight, but I can't imagine why LBJ would want Carmelo, particularly for Love, who put up 39, including six threes, and had 12 rebounds tonight. Love's 4 years younger, Carmelo seems to be slowing down and breaking down. Love's a legitimate all-star, has become a key part of the Cavs big three.

I wish Carmelo well, but I hope this is nothing but more "dishonest reporting."

Isola, btw, has had Love being traded for three years.

I don't think Love is going anywhere. It's just such a no win for Cavs to trade for him right now. Just cant see it. As a knick's fan I would love to be wrong but don't think I will be

I don't think Love is going anywhere. It's just such a no win for Cavs to trade for him right now. Just cant see it. As a knick's fan I would love to be wrong but don't think I will be
See, it wasn't that long ago that word was if the Cavs didn't win the title, Love was the guy that didn't fit.

Then Lebron goes nuts and brings them back, and suddenly all that other stuff on Love is forgotten?

I think he's the same guy.

See, it wasn't that long ago that word was if the Cavs didn't win the title, Love was the guy that didn't fit.

Then Lebron goes nuts and brings them back, and suddenly all that other stuff on Love is forgotten?

I think he's the same guy.

well Love was awesome last night too, but I don't think the Cavs are going to make the decision to trade or not trade him based on the result of the game last night.

I agree he's the same guy; that guy is a really good player. I don't think it would make sense for them to trade him for Melo.

well Love was awesome last night too, but I don't think the Cavs are going to make the decision to trade or not trade him based on the result of the game last night.

I agree he's the same guy; that guy is a really good player. I don't think it would make sense for them to trade him for Melo.
Eh, Love is overrated.

Even if Love were overrated (I think he's actually underrated in most circles), he's still far more valuable in terms of trade-value than Melo. If they actually trade Love for Melo, they're idiots.

Even if Love were overrated (I think he's actually underrated in most circles), he's still far more valuable in terms of trade-value than Melo. If they actually trade Love for Melo, they're idiots.

Lost in the incredible shot by Lebron last night was how amazing that pass by Love was.

they wont in February.

maybe this summer.

Knicks need to keep Melo through the year then trade him if that's what they want.

just make sure that the other team HAS to take noah as well.

Eh, Love is overrated.

Depends how one rates him but I do think his trade value is still better than a straight up deal for Melo at this point, Biggest issue with Love is probably his long term health next 3-4 years.

I think Knicks keep Melo through season and will still need to be a three way deal as Melo will only go to probably 2-3 teams with the no trade clause he still calls the shots.

Knicks should probably could get rid of anyone and everyone other than KP and Herangomez and maybe Kuzmingis

they wont in February.

maybe this summer.

Knicks need to keep Melo through the year then trade him if that's what they want.

just make sure that the other team HAS to take noah as well.

I don't think Melo really has enough trade value to attach him to Noah. Plus then you need to bring a lot of salary in return.

I don't think Melo really has enough trade value to attach him to Noah. Plus then you need to bring a lot of salary in return.
I agree with this, would have to be multiple teams involved.

I just think we will get no matter what, but better this summer.

I agree but then when I think about the fact it's all about GSW, I re-assess. If Golden State didn't make the move for KD, I'd absolutely keep Love and take my chances in the inevitable rematch. However, in the vacuum of Cle/GSW, I might consider bringing Melo in.

People question how Melo will fit in with 2 other stars but Olympic Melo is the best Melo.

I agree but then when I think about the fact it's all about GSW, I re-assess. If Golden State didn't make the move for KD, I'd absolutely keep Love and take my chances in the inevitable rematch. However, in the vacuum of Cle/GSW, I might consider bringing Melo in.

People question how Melo will fit in with 2 other stars but Olympic Melo is the best Melo.

I think olympic melo is a bit of a red herring. Last I checked, team usa wasn't playing the warriors in the olympics. I don't think Melo would have a problem as s spot up guy playing off the ball though.

Certainly the biggest argument in favor of doing that trade for Cleveland is that Love was playing about 25 minutes a game in the finals last year and couldn't even score in double figures, and it's possible Melo is a better fit for them against the Warriors. of course, it's also possible he isn't (did the concussion effect Love? hard to say), and it's for sure that Love is much younger.

I think olympic melo is a bit of a red herring. Last I checked, team usa wasn't playing the warriors in the olympics. I don't think Melo would have a problem as s spot up guy playing off the ball though.

Certainly the biggest argument in favor of doing that trade for Cleveland is that Love was playing about 25 minutes a game in the finals last year and couldn't even score in double figures, and it's possible Melo is a better fit for them against the Warriors. of course, it's also possible he isn't (did the concussion effect Love? hard to say), and it's for sure that Love is much younger.
Yea, again, I only say this in the Cleveland vs Golden State vacuum but that's pretty much the reality of it. Maybe the Wizards can take a game or two in a ECF series but everyone knows this match up is a foregone conclusion.

Why was Charles Oakley just kicked out of MSG?
He was pushing a cop.