It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

1. Baseball
2. Don't know but it's annoying, I agree.
3. No.
4. It is a long grind, which answers your first question.
5. There's boring games between garbage teams in every pro sport.

#3 is because it masks showing a crowd often making very little noise.

#3 is because it masks showing a crowd often making very little noise.

Don't agree really. I think most NBA crowds are pretty good. Just like in college, it can depend on night of the week, how exciting that particular game is, and opponent though.

Don't agree really. I think most NBA crowds are pretty good. Just like in college, it can depend on night of the week, how exciting that particular game is, and opponent though.

I've been to several of both pro and college and that hasn't been my experience but jmo.

Seriously, what other sports do the teams purposely give star players the night off? Why do they pipe music in while the game is being played? To keep the patrons awake? The NBA season is too long. It's such a grind that you often can get half-hearted efforts and really boring games. Now the playoffs, that's another story.

Basically every sport besides football.

The real issue in terms of the regular season in the NBA is that Golden State and Cleveland are so far above their respective peers. I'm not even sure the NBA Finals will be super competitive this year. Knowing that it'll take a miracle for the Finals to be anything besides Warriors-Cavs makes the regular season feel worthless sometimes.

The real issue in terms of the regular season in the NBA is that Golden State and Cleveland are so far above their respective peers. I'm not even sure the NBA Finals will be super competitive this year. Knowing that it'll take a miracle for the Finals to be anything besides Warriors-Cavs makes the regular season feel worthless sometimes.
Cavs might be imploding.

The irony of Lebron the GM - demands stars and his guys get paid, they get get stars sacrificing assets and his guys get paid, team has depth issues, Lebron complains that the team is top heavy, demands management and ownership make the team better, management and ownership have few resources to improve the team.

Cavs might be imploding.

The irony of Lebron the GM - demands stars and his guys get paid, they get get stars sacrificing assets and his guys get paid, team has depth issues, Lebron complains that the team is top heavy, demands management and ownership make the team better, management and ownership have few resources to improve the team.

I'd still bet everything I own on the Cavs making the NBA Finals unless one of their big 3 gets hurt. And even that would depend on which guy it is.

I'd still bet everything I own on the Cavs making the NBA Finals unless one of their big 3 gets hurt. And even that would depend on which guy it is.
I know, I'm mostly just maintaining my brand as a Lebron hater.

I know, I'm mostly just maintaining my brand as a Lebron hater.

Cavs might be imploding.

Spot on. LeBron is a slacker, doesn't wanna compete. Classic underachiever.

Suddenly everywhere I turn, there's talks about what Boston should do with Isaiah Thomas moving forwards. An article from Kevin Pelton & Chad Ford today, a few podcasts, etc. I guess I'm a hipster.

Suddenly everywhere I turn, there's talks about what Boston should do with Isaiah Thomas moving forwards. An article from Kevin Pelton & Chad Ford today, a few podcasts, etc. I guess I'm a hipster.

Isaiah is a great offensive player. He's the Steph Curry of the EC. They need to lock him up long term and find an elite wing to pair with him. If they do that they will be in great position to contend with the Cav's.

I hear ya but I don't think you can put college football or hoops in that group either. Basically baseball, hockey and the NBA.

Isaiah is a great offensive player. He's the Steph Curry of the EC. They need to lock him up long term and find an elite wing to pair with him. If they do that they will be in great position to contend with the Cav's.

He is a great offensive player, but I don't think he's near Steph offensively or defensively for that matter. My main point is that Boston will almost certainly be pressured to take a PG in the draft this year just due to where they're picking, and I'd probably rather go forwards with Fultz/Dennis Smith + flip Isaiah into another star like Jimmy Butler rather than experimenting with a two PG lineup (which Isaiah tried and failed in in Phoenix) while paying Isaiah over $30 million per year. Given the choice between Isaiah on a max contract and one of those PGs on a rookie contract, I'd rather have the rookie; I just don't think Isaiah is worth the kind of deal he'll definitely be getting.

He is a great offensive player, but I don't think he's near Steph offensively or defensively for that matter. My main point is that Boston will almost certainly be pressured to take a PG in the draft this year just due to where they're picking, and I'd probably rather go forwards with Fultz/Dennis Smith + flip Isaiah into another star like Jimmy Butler rather than experimenting with a two PG lineup (which Isaiah tried and failed in in Phoenix) while paying Isaiah over $30 million per year. Given the choice between Isaiah on a max contract and one of those PGs on a rookie contract, I'd rather have the rookie; I just don't think Isaiah is worth the kind of deal he'll definitely be getting.
That's cut throat... but I think you're right.

They just have a championship hangover, I would bet the farm on them being in the finals.

Alright, this Harden crap has gone too far. He's got to have something on these refs. He was climbing on MCW's back like an excited 5 year old greeting his daddy when he comes home from work, and got the foul call.

Alright, this Harden crap has gone too far. He's got to have something on these refs. He was climbing on MCW's back like an excited 5 year old greeting his daddy when he comes home from work, and got the foul call.
Somebody should just yank on his beard.

Announcer on this vid -- sounds like may be Rockets announcer -- claims Carter-Williams was impeding Harden's progress. Bizarre.

Nice night, OT loss aside, for MCW: 23 points, 11/18, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, a block, just one turnover.

Last edited:
It is so bad. I don't watch Houston that much but literally he was getting every call on a drive when I watched Boston-Houston 2 weeks ago.
He initiates most of his contact. If refs called all his chicken wings he would foul out in every game.

He's done the same thing to like 15 other players and gets the call every time. It's amazing. I wonder what made him think he could get away with this lol