It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Announcer on this vid -- sounds like may be Rockets announcer -- claims Carter-Williams was impeding Harden's progress. Bizarre.

Nice night, OT loss aside, for MCW: 23 points, 11/18, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, a block, just one turnover.
I see this, and it makes me feel like bad things should happen, like I wouldn't mind if somebody signed an MMA dude to a ten day contract, put him on Harden to tangle him up, and break his arm.

Because if you're going to get whistled for bullcrap fouls, you might as well beat the Hell out of the guy.

I'm just really curious why the refs call this a foul on the defender. The only thing I can think of is that they notice it out of the corner of their eye and just assume that the defender must be impeding his path illegally.

I'm just really curious why the refs call this a foul on the defender. The only thing I can think of is that they notice it out of the corner of their eye and just assume that the defender must be impeding his path illegally.
At a certain point the tide has to turn, and when they see it's Harden they stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Saw a picture of a protester with a "Jordan pushed off" sign.

Can you imagine if LeBron made that basket? People would still be crying that it wasn't a legit title.

Saw a picture of a protester with a "Jordan pushed off" sign.

Can you imagine if LeBron made that basket? People would still be crying that it wasn't a legit title.

Fair point. But as great as he is, no I can't imagine Lebron hitting an off the dribble pull-up jumper to win the championship.

Jordan lived in an Era where the media built up athletes to be loved.
LeBron lives in an Era where the media try to destroy athletes they don't like.

Pretty simple. MJ 1987-1990 versions would have Destroyrd by the media. When Jordan won he was loved except in 1992 when the NY media dug up Jordan going to Atlantic City during the Knicks
Series.

Jordan lived in an Era where the media built up athletes to be loved.
LeBron lives in an Era where the media try to destroy athletes they don't like.

Pretty simple. MJ 1987-1990 versions would have Destroyrd by the media. When Jordan won he was loved except in 1992 when the NY media dug up Jordan going to Atlantic City during the Knicks
Series.

Agreed. Though there was plenty of "Michael Jordan is a ball hog and will never win a championship playing that way" media people back then. Just like there were plenty of "Shaq should spend less time making rap albums and movies and practice his FT's more! He'll never win a championship!" The difference was these were old, cranky white guys saying this stuff and nobody else really cared.

Now we've got the younger people who used to just be fans, going for the cranky, miserable "lols" by trashing superstars on Twitter.

Are you serious?

Yes. I could see him getting to basket for a game winning hoop or FT's, or setting someone else up for the game winning shot. Maybe hitting a desperation 3 that he has no choice but to shoot.

He can certainly get hot shooting, but unless he's on a roll at the time I don't think he trusts his jumper enough to even take it in that situation. And he's generally not great at the pull-up J. IMO, he's going all the way to the hole or kicking it out to Kyrie if he can't get there in that situation.

Great ending to Paul Pierce's final game ever in the city where he became a Hall of Famer: after the arena was filled with the sound of the Boston crowd chanting his name for several minutes, The Truth goes into the game with around 20 seconds to go and drills a three. Great moment, great scene, hell, great shot considering the pressure and significance for Pierce and Celtics fans.

Last edited:
Great ending to Paul Pierce's final game ever in the city where he became a Hall of Famer: after the arena was filled with the sound of the Boston crowd chanting his name for several minutes, The Truth goes into the game with around 20 seconds to go and drills a three. Great moment, great scene, hell, great shot considering the pressure and significance go Pierce and Celtics fans.

Spectacular ending for Pierce and those fans made sure he felt the love they had for him.
Pierce is the 2nd highest scorer in Celtics history not many people now that.
Even when he left his selfishness brought the Celtics 3 Nets picks which are the future of the franchise.
His career was special in green. The game 7 duel he had with LeBron in 2008 got the Celtics to the Eastern finals and they ended up winning the title.

The team moved him so we wouldn't spend years in a rebuild.
That shot was awesome.

Great ending to Paul Pierce's final game ever in the city where he became a Hall of Famer: after the arena was filled with the sound of the Boston crowd chanting his name for several minutes, The Truth goes into the game with around 20 seconds to go and drills a three. Great moment, great scene, hell, great shot considering the pressure and significance for Pierce and Celtics fans.

They give a gold plated wheelchair as a retirement gift?

Yes. I could see him getting to basket for a game winning hoop or FT's, or setting someone else up for the game winning shot. Maybe hitting a desperation 3 that he has no choice but to shoot.

He can certainly get hot shooting, but unless he's on a roll at the time I don't think he trusts his jumper enough to even take it in that situation. And he's generally not great at the pull-up J. IMO, he's going all the way to the hole or kicking it out to Kyrie if he can't get there in that situation.

Not sure I know how to link to exact points in videos, but at 8:15 he hits a pullup jumper that pretty much clinches game 7, pushes the lead from 2 to 4 with about 30 seconds left. It's not the exact same situation, of course, but how often are you going to have the exact situation. Its pretty close.

A few days late, but I can't believe they got out from under that Plumlee contract

I had convinced myself that it would be a good idea to trade Plumlee and a protected 1st rounder for Jamal Crawford just to cut 2 (I think) years off the deal. I think I actually teared up a little when I saw that we were acquiring what's likely two expiring contracts for Plumlee without including a pick at all.

Lakers taking advantage of a disinterested Knicks team tonight.

The shot LeBron James just made was insanely difficult. Kevin Love's outlet passing half court is damn impressive.

The shot LeBron James just made was insanely difficult. Kevin Love's outlet passing half court is damn impressive.
That Lebron shot was insane. His 10 step travel and missed layup before it was hilarious though.

Kyrie has been absolutely filthy in OT

Nasty.

Great game, excellent road win for the Cavs against a hot team on, what, a 9-game win streak.

What we just watched, ladies and germs, is why it's being increasingly difficult for me to watch college hoops. I was talking to a friend yesterday who's a 'Cuse season ticketholder, he considers himself a highly knowledgeable basketball person, breaks it down like a coach, but he talks as if the NBA doesn't exist. He's missing on a some incredible basketball.

BTW, as a player and a human being, big fan of Grant Hill. But he should not doing color. Horrible.

Nasty.

Great game, excellent road win for the Cavs against a hot team on, what, a 9-game win streak.

What we just watched, ladies and germs, is why it's being increasingly difficult for me to watch college hoops. I was talking to a friend yesterday who's a 'Cuse season ticketholder, he considers himself a highly knowledgeable basketball person, breaks it down like a coach, but he talks as if the NBA doesn't exist. He's missing on a some incredible basketball.

BTW, as a player and a human being, big fan of Grant Hill. But he should not doing color. Horrible.
What are your thoughts on a possible Melo/Love trade? It's being denied but multiple outlets say Lebron is pushing for it.