I've seen enough | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

I've seen enough

Would Georgetown and Fordham not be considered competition for similar? Both Jesuit
Are Fordham and GTown ranked in the top 25 of the FCS? Neither have been much of anything in football in a long time. Holy Cross could win the FCS championship. Syracuse has never gotten any of the top talent from Catholic preps, I don't think that would change if Chesney became the coach and that's his recruiting angle.

Two questions for you
1 Do you think he should stay at 6-6?
2 Do you think Wildhack will keep him at 6-6?

It would be easier to say if anyone knew for a fact when his contract runs out. If it does run out after 2024 (as speculated), IMO he could get canned for going 7-5*. The only reason he made it this far was the buyout that after the Yankee money and only having one year left shouldn't be an issue.

If he has 2 years or more left it is hard to eat all of that money if he goes 7-5, even maybe 6-6.

*not all 7-5 outcomes are the same. If the O looks functional and we lose one game at the end, that is more acceptable. If the O is a mess and we have a blowout L in there, good bye.

How about Bill O'Brien? Northeast guy, huge head coaching experience in the NFL and PSU. He remembers the Cuse glory days and could want to bring them back.

How about Bill O'Brien? Northeast guy, huge head coaching experience in the NFL and PSU. He remembers the Cuse glory days and could want to bring them back.
Don’t see him leaving the NFL again.

Are Fordham and GTown ranked in the top 25 of the FCS? Neither have been much of anything in football in a long time. Holy Cross could win the FCS championship. Syracuse has never gotten any of the top talent from Catholic preps, I don't think that would change if Chesney became the coach and that's his recruiting angle.
as usual you are missing the point. just going to move on

I don't think Mullen would have a lot of P5 offers. So I wouldn't say it is not possible.
It could be an ideal situation for him to show that he can win and then get another SEC gig.

Then again, he may just like things on the Hill, win ACC championships and compete for some national championships. He could be our Dabo.

If sluka has another year of eligibility at hc I would love if Chesney brought him along. May be a top 10 qb in the country

HC recruits are national and it bodes well for us if Chesney can sell a more national brand w Syracuse vs HC.

I think he ends up at bc because it’s more appealing to a Chesney than Syracuse assuming Hafley doesn’t bowl.

He would be a perfect SU coach. He works the refs more than anyone I’ve seen in person. That’s number one interview prerequisite for Syracuse dot com

If sluka has another year of eligibility at hc I would love if Chesney brought him along. May be a top 10 qb in the country

HC recruits are national and it bodes well for us if Chesney can sell a more national brand w Syracuse vs HC.

I think he ends up at bc because it’s more appealing to a Chesney than Syracuse assuming Hafley doesn’t bowl.

He would be a perfect SU coach. He works the refs more than anyone I’ve seen in person. That’s number one interview prerequisite for Syracuse dot com
What I was saying before was that his best recruiting connections are to catholic prep schools and those players generally want to go to a catholic college. Would those players want to go to Syracuse? If he took over at BC that translates well, he would just get the better athletes to go there from the prep system.

Oregon is on their SIXTH head coach in the past 15 years. Stability is way overrated.

Maybe hire someone from their athletic department who has been involved in their repeated searches. They get it right much more often than not.

Oregon is on their SIXTH head coach in the past 15 years. Stability is way overrated.

Maybe hire someone from their athletic department who has been involved in their repeated searches. They get it right much more often than not.

They have mostly been continuity hires. They lucked out with Taggart leaving. Lanning seems like a good one.

They have mostly been continuity hires. They lucked out with Taggart leaving. Lanning seems like a good one.
And? That means, gasp, they hired good coordinators.

Wouldn't it be great if we had good coordinators who could become good head coaches? You know, instead of firing them frequently?

Wouldn't it be great if we had good coordinators who could become good head coaches? You know, instead of firing them frequently?

It would be nice as Lewis was.

That said, it's odd...maybe not I suppose, that there aren't many SU alum coaching college football.

and their 2nd year coach lost his OC and is on a new one. Defensive minded coach, risk taker, hired Will Stein who was the OC at UTSA last year. I think his first OC went to ASU as HC. I am done with these retreads old hats, need some new younger blood in here.

I will say I think Lanning blew the game vs UW by going for it on 4th too many times and giving up on 2 chip shot field goals. It happens but he did own it in the presser afterwards. That's his style win or lose.

Oregon though is still on their first Phil Knight :)
The got lucky when the coach left for Florida St after a year as well. He was not their best hire.

Their current coach, Lanning is the best they have had since Chip IMO.

Oregon can recruit all over at this point as well. Kids from Texas, California, Florida etc

The point is you need to hire a good HC who then has a good OC for that to work. The 2nd part doesn’t happen without the first.

Additionally we don’t have the resources they do.

On top of that continuity tends to not work. It didn’t for one of their hires. Toledo is a good example of it working though. Candle was OC of Campbell who was OC of Beckman.

What I was saying before was that his best recruiting connections are to catholic prep schools and those players generally want to go to a catholic college. Would those players want to go to Syracuse? If he took over at BC that translates well, he would just get the better athletes to go there from the prep system.
Most top football kids go to preps and catholics across the country. This isn't the worst thing in the world. i'm involved in the boston prep football world and see the kids from Xaverian are going to Michigan St and that's a Hasselbeck!

I think you want to have those connections because it's not simply Catholic = Catholic college. Rob Konrad went to St John's Prep and turned down ND and BC for Syracuse because (checking notes) it was a program he could play immediately in, dynamic offense, and was spin cycling kids into the NFL. It can be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom