I've seen enough | Syracusefan.com

I've seen enough

FasterCuse

2023 Cali Award Interceptions
I've seen enough of Dino. I'll be honest I had these 3 games chalked up as losses in my head since the beginning of the season, but I at least thought we might be competitive in them.

Today was an absolute embarrassment from the start. We weren't playing to win the game, but to keep it close and come out with a morale victory. Guess what? That didn't happen, we were steam rolled. We were down 21 in the 3rd and still running the ball up the middle. Before someone says that we were better off doing that than passing because we don't have the athletes to compete, I get it, but that is because Dino can't recruit.

Moving on from today if we keep Dino in place what is different next year to make us competitive in these games? Shrader is gone, we'll probably lose some dudes to the transfer portal, and I just don't see the quarter back of the future on this team or as one of the recruits coming in. I think we'll struggle to get to 6-6 and we'll start hearing the excuses from Dino about how young his key players are again. It's time to move on and we should do it now while there are still some good coaches out there.

With that said who do you guys think we have a legitimate shot at acquiring? I don't think the university is as afraid to spend money as they were in year's past (5-6 million a year). So I think a decent name is attainable. I'd personally be gunning for Jamey Caldwell after what he's done at Costal Carolina and Liberty.

Everything will be decided soon, fact is remaining schedule is very doable, and no way we fire him if he gets 7 or 8 wins imo. Knowing college football is a business and it’s sleazy to its core I say Urban Myer if we fired Dino.
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised to see us get 8 wins this year. I just don't think it's enough after what we've seen the last 3 weeks.

But is this really the ceiling we're hoping for? I don't see 6 wins on the schedule next year. We need to make a decision about a contract extension now or Dino is a lame duck again.
8 wins is a huge success for this program.
That’s just, like, reality.

Honestly, the game we blew was Clemson. The past 2 have been scheduled losses since the pre-season.

8 wins is a huge success for this program.
That’s just, like, reality.

Honestly, the game we blew was Clemson. The past 2 have been scheduled losses since the pre-season.
Maybe I need to lower my expectations. I'm not looking for CFP, but being ranked in the top 25 on one of our "up" years would be nice.

Everything will be decided soon, fact is remaining schedule is very doable, and no way we fire him if he gets 7 or 8 wins imo. Knowing college football is a business and it’s sleazy to its core I say Urban Myer if we fired Dino.
Why in the world would we want Urban to coach our team. The guy is a disaster.

I've seen enough of Dino. I'll be honest I had these 3 games chalked up as losses in my head since the beginning of the season, but I at least thought we might be competitive in them.

Today was an absolute embarrassment from the start. We weren't playing to win the game, but to keep it close and come out with a morale victory. Guess what? That didn't happen, we were steam rolled. We were down 21 in the 3rd and still running the ball up the middle. Before someone says that we were better off doing that than passing because we don't have the athletes to compete, I get it, but that is because Dino can't recruit.

Moving on from today if we keep Dino in place what is different next year to make us competitive in these games? Shrader is gone, we'll probably lose some dudes to the transfer portal, and I just don't see the quarter back of the future on this team or as one of the recruits coming in. I think we'll struggle to get to 6-6 and we'll start hearing the excuses from Dino about how young his key players are again. It's time to move on and we should do it now while there are still some good coaches out there.

With that said who do you guys think we have a legitimate shot at acquiring? I don't think the university is as afraid to spend money as they were in year's past (5-6 million a year). So I think a decent name is attainable. I'd personally be gunning for Jamey Caldwell after what he's done at Costal Carolina and Liberty.
Liberty pays him more than Syracuse would

But is this really the ceiling we're hoping for? I don't see 6 wins on the schedule next year. We need to make a decision about a contract extension now or Dino is a lame duck again.
No, it’s not the ceiling we are looking for. But if we go 8-4, that is a successful year.

ZERO coaches we could get would have won the game today
FSU is a top-two team, it's insane the talent and depth they have on that team

IF I had to hire someone this season it would Caldwell

Yet, a terrible B.C. team gave them a game. I don't think anyone disagrees with you that they have a far superior team. Just like UNC did last week. It's more the way we look. And the Head scratching decisions he seems to make every week. You wouldn't have attempted that fg. You wouldn't have punted last week. You would have used your time outs against Pitt a couple of years back. And you aren't a professional.

8 wins against Colgate,Army, directional Michigan, a bad Purdue team, BC, bad VA Tech and Pitt teams, and a down Wake team ... Fools gold proving more about our scheduling ability than Dino's coaching ability.
Doesn't matter though. If we win 8 games, he comes back. It would be impossible for any sane person to let him go. As much as many would want to.

8 wins against Colgate,Army, directional Michigan, a bad Purdue team, BC, bad VA Tech and Pitt teams, and a down Wake team ... Fools gold proving more about our scheduling ability than Dino's coaching ability.
Oh stop. 8 wins would be the 2nd best season this program has had in 20 years even before the ACC What a joke. Get a grip

Yes, they were losses in my mind as well.

Our OL has missing pieces. Shrader had food poisoning. Our receivers were open but Shrader couldn't function like the quarterback he is. Our best receiver is gone for the year. The QB of the future isn't here yet. Yes we can recruit. Dino isn't going anywhere.

Don’t need them to win the game but actually have the team show up would be great.

We only crossed the 50 yard line, what 3 times today??

Correct. Do you think Syracuse is going to offer him 5-6 mil a year? I highly doubt it. Plus I’m sure his buyout is hefty

I guess it’s fun to identify young HCs in college football and think that we can easily hire one of them away but removing Dino and finding someone who can quickly turn SU into a significantly better team is fantasy.

Our qb recruit from GA is a great prospect, cant do much better on that one

Oh stop. 8 wins would be the 2nd best season this program has had in 20 years even before the ACC What a joke. Get a grip

Absolutely. I get frustration over the last three weeks, but we should be favored in all five remaining games. Even with a bad loss we get to eight wins.

Anyone losing their minds, saying it doesn’t matter we should fire Dino at that point (8 wins) anyway is frankly an awful fan that really need to pull their head out of their butt - or realize it’s stuck there permanently and find some other team to be a terrible fan of.

Can you image how badly Syracuse would get dragged by the national media if we fired a coach after an eight win season? Can you imagine ANY coach we might actually want agreeing to coach Syracuse after the school did something that monumentally stupid? It’s just such an ignorant and insane take that so many fans here have, it boggles my mind.

Don’t need them to win the game but actually have the team show up would be great.

We only crossed the 50 yard line, what 3 times today??
No where did I disagree the game was not terrible
Which coach that we could get would be able to do what the board wants, that’s what I feel is NOT possible currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom