Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised

Team is 1-6. Doesn’t matter who plays at this point. Prepare for the future and stop trying to not lose games and try to go win them. Would rather have them lose 55-0 with the future roster that what happened today with a bunch of seniors

There is clearly loads of truth here but Rex has struggled with basic easy stuff amidst his moments playing well. What is worse at this point when we are looking at the future opposed to the now?
My theory is Dino wants to save his "we have a young QB with no experience" card for end of next year.

What do they call it... ...when you keep doing the same over and over(Culpepper) expecting different results.

...when you keep doing the same over and over(Culpepper) expecting different results.
Key word being different. Is there an expectation of different results? Really seems like DB knows what to expect and is just running out the clock. He said he doesn't want to use the Fr. QBs.

Again, I got annoyed at you because my impression is that’s all you post about. You consistently show up after losses ranting about the coach. Football and hoops.
Of course that is not true. I post a lot of things. Some times it is about recruiting, dome construction, the weather in syracuse, etc... You just don't like it when fans complaint about Dino. You have some kind of infatuation with that man. I just look at the facts and post my opinion on the situation. That is what a fan forum is about.

If we're running a limited playbook with Jacobian, can we run a limited playbook with rex then too? That was probably our best drive this season

I don’t have a problem with still trying to win games with the veteran who is more experienced, especially when technically speaking a bowl is still on the table. Since that’s clearly not happening, time to have some forward thinking. Continue to play Rex if you think that’s the best option, but there aren’t reasons I can think of for not playing the freshmen some snaps in meaningful game time. Unless you think they’ll get murdered by the defense, somehow.

I remember when Terell Hunt was tossed against Villanova and Austin Wilson came in and looked very good for his 1st series or two. I was ready to say that we had a stud..

I am not saying that JM isn't going to be good, or that we shouldn't play him, but let's not jump to conclusions based on a small sample size.

I don’t have a problem with still trying to win games with the veteran who is more experienced, especially when technically speaking a bowl is still on the table. Since that’s clearly not happening, time to have some forward thinking. Continue to play Rex if you think that’s the best option, but there aren’t reasons I can think of for not playing the freshmen some snaps in meaningful game time. Unless you think they’ll get murdered by the defense, somehow.
More experienced but far less talented, clearly.

I’m not thinking about winning games this year. I’m thinking about winning games next year and that starts with getting a young QB ready for next year so we aren’t in the same situation again. If Rex is the better QB, we may still lose every game. But playing Rex restricts JB‘s and/or DM‘s development.

Playing the kids now isn’t giving up on your program Dino, it’s investing in your program.

Dino is either
A: Full of S...or

B: Believing his own B...S
He's also in an awkward spot. He says his upperclassmen are his bridge to the future. If he plays underclassmen over them this year, what motivation do seniors have to stick around for 21?

He's also in an awkward spot. He says his upperclassmen are his bridge to the future. If he plays underclassmen over them this year, what motivation do seniors have to stick around for 21?
We are playing freshman all over the field. Personally, there aren't that many seniors that are critical. I would rather play underclassmen and get them experience for next year. I could put up with another non-bowl year if I thought we were REALLY building.

We are playing freshman all over the field. Personally, there aren't that many seniors that are critical. I would rather play underclassmen and get them experience for next year. I could put up with another non-bowl year if I thought we were REALLY building.
Agreed. It looks like the best option is burning next year as well.

Weird how he doesn't throw with fingers on the laces...but I agree, he needs to get the majority of meaningful snaps in next game...that play throwing on the run against his body was something we have not seen in 2 years.

20201101_121637.jpg

Weird how he doesn't throw with fingers on the laces...but I agree, he needs to get the majority of meaningful snaps in next game...that play throwing on the run against his body was something we have not seen in 2 years.

View attachment 190338
Yup, he's a weirdo.

That said, let's feed the dude some snaps.

If what I'm seeing with Culpepper at QB is the F-U-L-L playbook we're really in bad shape ...if Tucker can learn the OL assignments why can't Morgan function at QB.....Culpepper makes Devito look good whereas Morgan might fuel a QB controversy which puts pressure on Babers that he doesn't want

Lets face it, this season is beyond lost. The mort important thing left to do is to see what we have in Morgan and to see if he might be good enough to beat out Tommy next season.

Do you best see what we have in Morgan by starting him ? I say no. We have a weak O line, the last thing we need is for a frosh QB to get hammered and lose his mojo. I think it makes sense to start Rex to see how the matchups are going. If Rex plays well and leads us to victory that is great as this TEAM needs confidence. If we get more of the garbage that we have been seeing, then you get Morgan in their as long as the situation dictates that he will have a legit chance to show his stuff and not simply be running for his life.

We badly need Morgan, or one of the other young qbs, to beat out Tommy next season. We know what we have in Tommy and it simply isnt enough to get this program going in the right direction.

I am on record as saying that I would give Dino one more season to find his QB. You simply cant win any longer in college ball without an above average QB, especially for a program like ours that will never overwhelm with top to bottom roster talent. If Dino cant find his guy by sometime next season then he will need to go.

I don’t think anyone is saying Morgan is a star or is going to be an NFL QB based off what we saw on Saturday versus Wakes #2 what people are saying is Rex has looked like the worst QB in the nation at the P5 level so playing Morgan even on a limited playbook can’t be any worse.

Lets face it, this season is beyond lost. The mort important thing left to do is to see what we have in Morgan and to see if he might be good enough to beat out Tommy next season.

Do you best see what we have in Morgan by starting him ? I say no. We have a weak O line, the last thing we need is for a frosh QB to get hammered and lose his mojo. I think it makes sense to start Rex to see how the matchups are going. If Rex plays well and leads us to victory that is great as this TEAM needs confidence. If we get more of the garbage that we have been seeing, then you get Morgan in their as long as the situation dictates that he will have a legit chance to show his stuff and not simply be running for his life.

We badly need Morgan, or one of the other young qbs, to beat out Tommy next season. We know what we have in Tommy and it simply isnt enough to get this program going in the right direction.

I am on record as saying that I would give Dino one more season to find his QB. You simply cant win any longer in college ball without an above average QB, especially for a program like ours that will never overwhelm with top to bottom roster talent. If Dino cant find his guy by sometime next season then he will need to go.

the offensive line is playing better than it did to start the year

give both freshmen all the snaps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom