Jalen transferring? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen transferring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you're rather obtuse. What does he have to lose by trying and what does have to gain by staying another year.

I'm with hoopsupstate. If Battle comes back for whatever reason, he will seriously consider going to a preseason top 5 club. We're looking at another bubble team next year with or without him.

My neighbor is an NBA GM. You aren’t totally right here. This class versus last years is different. And he’s a year (or Summer) smarter.

He has more of a chance than you are saying.
I hope he gets drafted I just don’t see it. I wish him the best.

I'm with hoopsupstate. If Battle comes back for whatever reason, he will seriously consider going to a preseason top 5 club. We're looking at another bubble team next year with or without him.
I don't see him doing that at all. And you have no evidence of him doing that other than a guess. If he was to come back it would be here and it would be for one reason only. To play point guard and give the NBA guys something else to see. He probably won't.

Is Boeheim earning his salary in your mind?
JAB is a dinosaur. We know that. He hasn't changed in a million years. Go down all of the rosters and results and you will see many players who didn't play much as freshmen or sophs and evolved into very good players, including some NBA players. It hasn't been uncommon for JAB to only play three guards. Right now Buddy is playing better so he is getting the third guard's minutes. Where are all the posts pining for Sidibe and Braswell to get more minutes?

Next years backcourt

PG Goodine
SG Buddy

Girardi splits time between the two.

Book it!!!

Likewise you don’t see my point so you have to make a personal attack. That’s what weak minded people do like yourself. You have all the answers. God bless you buddy!

I just asked u a simple question and you refused to answer it.

Hey pal since you're so damn confident that Battle won't get drafted then I'll bet u $50 straight-up he gets drafted. With one caveat. If TB sustains some sort of injury that prevents him from working out at the NBA Combine or whatever they call it then the bet is off.

I hate even talking about it because I love Tyus and it sounds like I'm discrediting him which I'm not.

Why did Luke Maye go back to UNC? Shouldn't be have gone to the D league instead of college?

Luke Maye does not have the ability to drive the ball that Tyus does. He can continue to develop that into a real skill usable in the NBA. Especially with his new found ability to pass when the path is blocked.

Please. Kids transfer from every school. They want to play. The coach doesn't think they are good enough. When I was a student at Syracuse, the players went to the A.D. in support of ass't coach JB getting the job. The following year, kids still transferred out. Jb of course could be more personable. More likable. but if you aren't playing, you're still going to look for greener pastures.

We've all heard/read the stories of Hopkins talking multiple kids off the ledge over the years. The quick hook and the quick transfer may open up spots for recruits but it sure doesn't help what they or their handlers might think of Boeheim. If Andre Jackson commits tomorrow, I'm happy to eat crow. Love to see Boeheim retire on a high point but the stars don't seem to be aligning that way.

Strange post.
Why? Albanycuse was dead on with his comment but some people here and other places think Carey should just be handed minutes. My point was reinforcing that Carey needs to earn them.

I'm just making the point that people blaming the kids on here is stupid. It's the coach's responsibility to build and maintain a healthy roster. One guy is making millions to do that. The player is just trying to make millions.
The coach is building and maintaining a healthy roster. Is it fair to tyus and a few others to not put out the best unit on the court? Maybe Tyus sees this and gives up. Given Franks poor play I am sure JB would like to play jalen. He came in today and ran into the lane for a tie up turnover. Why should boeheim buckle to the will of an 18 yr old angry about PT?

Next years backcourt

PG Goodine
SG Buddy

Girardi splits time between the two.

Book it!!!
That’s our least athletic backcourt since sims and Coppola without any of the experience. Sigh.

Now you're just throwing stuff against the wall. I usually enjoy you and find you a credible poster but this thread hasn't been your best work.

That didn't happen today and yet he still got pulled.
I thought he got tied up on his first time handling the ball. But he got pulled mainly because we needed to put our best team back on the court.

That’s our least athletic backcourt since sims and Coppola without any of the experience. Sigh.
how did we do with them? sigh And how much have you seen goodine play?

I think that’s part of the issue. Supposedly playing well in practice. Hard to decipher. He has to be a 12-15 mpg guy
When is the last time you heard JB say he was playing well in practice??

Now you're just throwing stuff against the wall. I usually enjoy you and find you a credible poster but this thread hasn't been your best work.

I'm just tired of this program's direction and probably piling on a bit. I think Boeheim has seen his best days and it's time to hang it up. This is too good a program with too many advantages to struggle like this.

Buddy needs to work on using his left hand more. It’s noticeably weak. He was under the basket where he hada better chance to lay it in with a lefty layup but choose to use both hands and it failed big time.

how did we do with them? sigh
We don’t have a John Wallace on next year’s roster. Why are you looking to pick a fight with everyone tonight?

I thought he got tied up on his first time handling the ball. But he got pulled mainly because we needed to put our best team back on the court.

It was on the 2nd or 3rd possession when he was on the floor. Might have been a bad idea for him to drive, but his teammate could have helped by spacing a bit more to the corner. Think it was Hughes. And Frank replaced him. And Frank isn't currently part of the best team we put on the court.

It was on the 2nd or 3rd possession when he was on the floor. Might have been a bad idea for him to drive, but his teammate could have helped by spacing a bit more to the corner. Think it was Hughes. And Frank replaced him. And Frank isn't currently part of the best team we put on the court.
He is a sr and a starter. And I wouldn't blame someone else for getting tied up.

Goodine and Buddy can flat out shoot it. So can Girard. Buddy is more athletic than you think. He's turning into an Andy Rautins type defender.

Jimmy needs to recruit a big time Center, and we are top 10 next year.

Book it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors