Jared Verse | Syracusefan.com

Jared Verse

So, of course he's deciding to play another year of college ball despite being projected as a first round pick while we lose guys projected later.
Saw that, I don't get it.

Same w Bryce Young and Will Anderson playing in a bowl game compared to our 3 guys that tapped out

So, of course he's deciding to play another year of college ball despite being projected as a first round pick while we lose guys projected later.
I have seen him in some mocks in the top 10. He must be making significant and I mean really significant Nil plus insurance because if the consensus is your a top 10 pick, you should go in the draft.

Saw that, I don't get it.

Same w Bryce Young and Will Anderson playing in a bowl game compared to our 3 guys that tapped out
I get the deciding to play in a bowl game thing. If you're really having fun, it's one last hurrah with your boys before making it your job.

I have seen him in some mocks in the top 10. He must be making significant and I mean really significant Nil plus insurance because if the consensus is your a top 10 pick, you should go in the draft.
time has shown insurance is barely worth it for these guys.

Has to be NIL, though I think FSU has a real shot at the national title next year.
Even with NIL it doesn't make sense financially. When the NFL went to the rookie contract scale, getting the clock started to get to the second contract became a factor. And if he ended up a top 10 pick as some have projected, he's looking at a signing bonus of somewhere between $10 and $25 million. There's no way he's getting that with NIL. And he could sign endorsement deals outside of his NFL contract. It just doesn't make sense financially.

Unless he’s getting multi-millions to come back he is insane

He’s insane even if he is getting multi millions in NIL. Kid would be drafted as a high pick. Another year in college, maybe not, anything can happen. A rookie contract as a top 15 pick is significantly more than he can possibly be making with a 1 year NIL deal.

Even with NIL it doesn't make sense financially. When the NFL went to the rookie contract scale, getting the clock started to get to the second contract became a factor.

Exactly this. Guy is already 22 and virtually guaranteed to be a top 15 pick. He probably just lost $20M+ in career earnings going back.

He’ll be 28 at the start of his second deal (assuming his team picks up his 5th year option). DEs get paid longer than some other positions, but the difference in contract value and guaranteed money for a 28 year old FA vs 27 year old FA is big.

I guess he really wants a national championship or loved his one year of being on a big time college campus too much to move on, but he’s leaving lots of money and certainty on the table going back.

Last edited:
He’s insane even if he is getting multi millions in NIL. Kid would be drafted as a high pick. Another year in college, maybe not, anything can happen. A rookie contract as a top 15 pick is significantly more than he can possibly be making with a 1 year NIL deal.
Insane. It will ruin his future earnings forever. He delays a year of nfl money. And then delays second contract till he’s a year older. More risk involved

Insane. It will ruin his future earnings forever. He delays a year of nfl money. And then delays second contract till he’s a year older. More risk involved

Yeah it really makes zero sense, even if FSU could pay him comparable NIL $ to his 1st year contract (which they aren’t) it still would make no sense.

Maybe he wants to finish his degree and try to win a championship. It’s not always about the money. Honestly, what’s the difference once you’re pulling in millions?

Florida State cut a check and got him insurance in case he gets hurt.
I'm sure they did. I highly doubt it comes close to what he would've made as a rookie pro. Did they cut hima check for $10+ million?

Maybe he wants to finish his degree and try to win a championship. It’s not always about the money. Honestly, what’s the difference once you’re pulling in millions?
That's interesting. With our guys, it seems like it's almost always about the money. With other teams it's not. When is the last time one of our guys projected in the top three rounds stayed?

Most of those millions are guaranteed and you don’t know long it will last.

He can always come back and get his degree. This isn't about education.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom