Jasmine Jordan | Syracusefan.com

Jasmine Jordan

Co hosting midnight madness w scoop. Lame
Why is that "lame?" They are both very personable, articulate young people who are well-liked on campus. He was a 5-year player here who, I think, has a very good future in sports broadcasting. She's a student in SU's sports management program... and comes from a basketball background. Would you rather have two no-name third-stringers from ESPN ... or, even better, "Mr. Excitement?"

Doesn't she want to be a sports agent or a publicist focusing in sports? I believe I heard that on the legends show. Personally I don't care if the kids are happy I'm happy for them!

Personally I think this is awesome. To make truly loved SU Alumni a big part of pre-season SU hoops makes for an awesome tradition. Scoop is the type of guy who just has that type of personality that people like being around him. Its good for recruiting, its great having him as another ambassador for the program and he truly represents what SU Hoops is about. He was part of an amazingly successful run, having him around and add guys like Hop, GMAC, Autry there is so much " not so old" tradition there. I think they will make for perfect hosts for a fun start to the year.

Co hosting midnight madness w scoop. Lame

OK, Sport, who would you like to emcee instead? Perhaps SU can ask the Dali Lama to stay in town a couple of extra days and co-emcee with Richard Gere. Or would you prefer Bud & The Axeman? Oh, who wouldn't want to hear Bud introduce Jimmy as "the longtime ramrod of this Syracuse basketball team, who came to our snowy burg in the fall of 1962 and never left? (TO...everybody do a shot for a ramrod and burg reference.)

What CTO said.

OK, Sport, who would you like to emcee instead? Perhaps SU can ask the Dali Lama to stay in town a couple of extra days and co-emcee with Richard Gere. Or would you prefer Bud & The Axeman? Oh, who wouldn't want to hear Bud introduce Jimmy as "the longtime ramrod of this Syracuse basketball team, who came to our snowy burg in the fall of 1962 and never left? (TO...everybody do a shot for a ramrod and burg reference.)

What CTO said.

Jordan is a huge UNC homer! Similar to DC for us noway he will be there!

Jordan is a huge UNC homer! Similar to DC for us noway he will be there!

Agree.

1. He won't want to steal his daughter's moment.
2. I would assume that UNC is having a similar event. If so, he will no doubt be there.

Why is that "lame?" They are both very personable, articulate young people who are well-liked on campus. He was a 5-year player here who, I think, has a very good future in sports broadcasting. She's a student in SU's sports management program... and comes from a basketball background. Would you rather have two no-name third-stringers from ESPN ... or, even better, "Mr. Excitement?"
If I go, it will be to see Scoop. Also a nice way to throw some cash to the kid.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Scoop great. Love it. Rather have Joyce do it than miss Jordan. I'm sure she's very nice girl. Just don't get why her. It's lame

Scoop great. Love it. Rather have Joyce do it than miss Jordan. I'm sure she's very nice girl. Just don't get why her. It's lame

Again,How is it lame? Last year was hosted by Tyler Gildin (an alum, now stand up comic).

Scoop Jardine hosting with his girlfriend. Im not sure that you know what lame means.

Lame? That comment was lame. There is probably a good chance that Miss Jordan will become a great representative of Syracuse University after she graduates. Why bash her?

Even though Jasmine and I showed up wearing the same dresses at JB's "Basket Ball" in April, I am sure 99 percent of the students would rather see her than me. I am so "yesterday" to them ... except for the 1 percent who seem excited to meet me ... and say "Oh, wow... you're 'The Herg!"

You don't get why her? Really?

I'm all for keeping it in the family...using students and alumni.
And Scoop is sure to generate some love from the crowd.

BUT...it takes some skill to MC a live event like this.
It's skill MUCH DIFFERENT from doing TV or making a speech.
(Scoop is talkative...comes across as very likeable...but I never saw any great TV talent in the the material he did for the Post-Standard website).

Perhaps he can bring it as an MC and be able to step up & back as needed...play off the players and crowd.
It's NOT EASY to do well.
I wish him and his girlfriend a lot of luck.

By the way...there is an ex-Orange athlete who IS A NATURAL on TV: former football player David Tyree.
He has potential to be really great.

lol at the people acting like Michael Jordan has ever been invested in anything his kids were doing.

Who ever does it, you won't be able to hear them anyway. The sound system that they attach to the wireless microphones suck. That needs to improve.

I am fine with Scoop but I find it a bit cheesy they are having Jasmine Jordan co-host. She is still a student, and just doesn't feel right.

I can't be the only one who thought Jasmine Jordan was the name of a Pron star, right?

Who ever does it, you won't be able to hear them anyway. The sound system that they attach to the wireless microphones suck. That needs to improve.
this!!!
last year you couldnt hear the pa guy, the interviews or meek mill