Jay Wright Retiring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright Retiring

I dont think its a coincidence. I think the sport is going through turmoil and is at a low point generally...with no signs of ever returning to the glory days...(players are more "empowered" now, though)

I dont think the coaches can really do much about it, either...

they cant build a team anymore over multiple seasons...they cant really instill a system...

its start from scratch every season now...and for a really good coach that can build a program over years, its gotta be frustrating...

I think its a reason that JB doesnt want "1 year rental players"...and partially a reason he has struggled a bit recently

these coaches want to build a team ...but the environment isnt conducive to "slow builds" anymore

I wonder what his thinking is in retiring...

I dont think its a coincidence. I think the sport is going through turmoil and is at a low point generally...with no signs of ever returning to the glory days...(players are more "empowered" now, though)

they cant build a team anymore over multiple seasons...they cant really instill a system...

its start from scratch every season now...and for a really good coach that can build a program over years, its gotta be frustrating...

I think its a reason that JB doesnt want "1 year rental players"...and partially a reason he has struggled a bit recently

these coaches want to build a team ...but the environment isnt conducive to "slow builds" anymore

This is why Jason Hart makes a lot of sense as the next Syracuse Head Coach.

Ironclad plan.

91F47F6E-F5BC-4E49-80F8-9D94D0028D94.png

I think there's a lot truth to this. Got to look at players as 1 year rentals. If they are good and keep them longer, great.
If they portal expect it so you are not shocked. Don't take it personal.
Coaches have buyouts. They are not married to the school (exception JB) and their players.
Players have the portal. They are not married to the school or coach. Install a system that can easily be adopted by players, acquire as much talent as quickly as possible by pounding the portal, or grabbing 1 and dones if so lucky. That's the formula now.

Getting rid of the One and Done rule would solve a lot IMO.

Jay had nothing to prove at Nova and didn't want to get burned out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom