JB and Roberson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB and Roberson

ok but we were trailing when roberson came in ...

we went from being barely down and exchanging baskets to digging a hole we never came out of. big difference.

we went from being barely down and exchanging baskets to digging a hole we never came out of. big difference.

Are you for real? The first turnover was an offensive foul that was charged where Roberson turned his body to avoid full contact and the VT flopped over. The second one was a pass on the break he didn't handle and fumbled out of bounds. Yeah, it was unfortunate. Neither of them changed the game. Just a ridiculous statement.

So, you didn't see Lydon roll his ankle and limp through the 2nd half, and you didn't see about 4 invisible travels that Michael Stephens called.
I can promise you officiating did not lose that game. Our point guards will continue to be inconsistent on the road and against good defensive teams until the team applies offensive concepts and spacing. Truth of the matter. Do not see any incredible recruits that are going to change this reality either.

I can promise you officiating did not lose that game. Our point guards will continue to be inconsistent on the road and against good defensive teams until the team applies offensive concepts and spacing. Truth of the matter. Do not see any incredible recruits that are going to change this reality either.

VT isn't a good defensive team.

Yeah, find that pretty funny too considering we were down double digits and had what, close to 20 turnovers? Those two by Roberson cost us the game.

that's because you dont understand the fragility of this team or the concept of momentum. and this happened early before the game was decided. please learn to read.

Are you for real? The first turnover was an offensive foul that was charged where Roberson turned his body to avoid full contact and the VT flopped over. The second one was a pass on the break he didn't handle and fumbled out of bounds. Yeah, it was unfortunate. Neither of them changed the game. Just a ridiculous statement.

so now offensive fouls dont count as turnovers. ok

that's because you dont understand the fragility of this team or the concept of momentum. and this happened early before the game was decided. please learn to read.
You are pretty clueless if you think the game was lost in the first 5-10 minutes.

after trailing we actually came back and tied it at 18-18 after 7 minutes of roberson. lead didn't go past 4 til lydon returned 1st half.

You are pretty clueless if you think the game was lost in the first 5-10 minutes.

you are pretty clueless if u think roberson is any good

You want to talk about momentum? How about your star player picking up two early fouls and then rolling his ankle?

Here's some actual momentum changing plays for you- Gillon lobbing the ball to Clark for a fast break dunk. Gillon missing a steal through his arms leading to a layup, leading to a battle turnover and corner 3 pointer.

the entire game shifted when roberson came into the game and immediately turned the ball over twice on completely unforced errors.

The atrocious, bogus charge call and the interior pass thrown right to his shins?

That characterization doesn't jibe with what I saw.

Jim was right. Roberson came out totally flat tonight. He got all his numbers late in the game when it was over. He didn't play with energy and he was awful on defense at the start of the game. I thought Battle was the only one who came ready to play. For all the points Thompson scores, he give up 15 more on defense. He doesn't even know what a hard foul is. He looks like a chair on defense. He guards air better than anyone I've ever seen.

The fact is the only time I have seen this team play any kind of good defense against a decent opponent is with Lydon at 5 and Roberson at 4. TT is a freshman (though it looks like his HS coach wasn't exactly a defensive wizard) and he absolutely gives up more on D than he gives on O. He's ok and necessary as the 0.5 player until he learns the zone but please stop starting him.

after trailing we actually came back and tied it at 18-18 after 7 minutes of roberson.

then in the second half, we start making a run with TT out there scoring at will...for some weird reason, TT gets taken out..and the run is over, and another VT run starts. i dont get it

You want to talk about momentum? How about your star player picking up two early fouls and then rolling his ankle?

Here's some actual momentum changing plays for you- Gillon lobbing the ball to Clark for a fast break dunk. Gillon missing a steal through his arms leading to a layup, leading to a battle turnover and corner 3 pointer.

ok, so now the masses are claiming that because I mentioned that a couple plays were huge with regards to momentum, other plays could not also be big in this regard. false logic

then in the second half, we start making a run with TT out there scoring at will...for some weird reason, TT gets taken out..and the run is over, and another VT run starts. i dont get it
I wonder what TTs +\- is on the year? Negative 5000?!?

Are you awake? I was explaining to you what those turnovers were.

that depends on what your definition of awake is. on this board, simple words have different meanings to different people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom